ZL-1 I hear you may have H1N1

ZOMG! It's like the regular flu but hyped up by the media! OH T3H NOES! The flu is no fun though, hope you get better.

DF, I normally feel the same way, but I've been reading and hearing a lot through the grapevine of young people in top health going to intensive care in a few days, so I'm giving it some respect. Of course, I'm still not interested in getting a flu shot... I'm more likely to get even more antisocial for a while. ;-)

ZL1, hope you kick H1N1 in the nuts and feel better soon.

Hope you get well ZL-1...H1N1 is some nasty stuff.

While the media has played up H1N1 a little bit, it isn't something to be taken lightly. My mom almost died from it in 1976 during the last big outbreak. She was a senior in high school and went to school feeling slightly sick in the morning, and by early afternoon she was in the nurse's office but they wouldn't call her parents to pick her up and take her home. By the time she got home at 4:00 she had become so ill that she curled up on a floor furnace vent, but was shivering uncontrollably, and my grandpa rushed her to the hospital. The doctor spent the entire night at her bedside and said had they waited a couple more hours to bring her in, she wouldn't have made it.

I have never had H1N1, I didn't bother with the vaccine ... and so far so good. *knocks on wood*

I especially hate how the media portrays H1N1 to be the next Black Plague that's going to wipe three-quarters of mankind off of the face of the Earth. It was the same damn way with the bird flu outbreak and mad cow disease before that.

I do hope you feel better ZL-1. Being under the weather is never any fun.

ZOMG! It's like the regular flu but hyped up by the media! OH T3H NOES! The flu is no fun though, hope you get better.

It's most certainly not like the regular flu, in that young people have absolutely no immunity to it. I'm thankful I got my vaccine shot...