Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cory's Brand Spankin' New Car.

As for the VW, still interesting...your car, your style, I'd like to see it regardless 8)

I wasn't a fan of them in the beginning, but after seeing them on other Golf/GTI's, I warmed up to them. I think it'll be a rather unique look. And if I have to add red reflectors, I will. No big deal. :P

Just picked up this set of alloys with decent winter tires for $120.

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My Xmas gift to myself... Had it out today. Still awaiting body panels, but atleast I've located a full set ready to be picked up.

Golfle2.jpg

Golfle1.jpg

I've also done some more minor fixes and parts swapping including getting my keyless entry setup from the Jetta swapped in so that I will never, ever have to deal with manual locks... evarrr!! :P

One trick I've learned involves an eraser. It's the cheapest, easiest way I've ever cleaned up exterior plastics. Those textured door moldings? Like new again (besides the driver's side, they need replaced entirely) after using this method. All that buildup wax, dirt, and spots I thought were just faded have been magically erased. Surprised the f@#k out of me.

Also, I've discovered a new quirk. When you lock the doors, the fuel door locks as well.

Edited by blackviper8891

Once I get the aforementioned body panels, It'll start to look a whole lot nicer. This guy has my hatch, both bumpers, fender, grill... and even doors if I wanted them. I was lucky enough to find someone who hates the color enough to go with multicolored panels until he gets his painted. :P

Beyond that, next on my list is to swap over my headlight wiring harness, relay, and switch from the Jetta to add OEM foglights. And then I have some custom wiring to be done behind the dash to implement a few more features from the Jetta, including some were never implemented into any MK3 from the factory (I want to move the hatch popper out of the glovebox as well as do some unique lighting as I like a well-lit interior). That and I still need to swap the Jetta's mint seats and black interior panels into it (The all beige is far too unappealing to the eye).

To say the least, I'm excited to have embarked on this project.

• 2 weeks later...

I think tearing my Jetta down to the bare metal was the most enjoyable aspect of wrecking it. So to do that without, you know, wrecking a car... will be even more grand. :P

Yep, I'd say the project car bug has bitten you bad, son. :P

Hey, with bringing the car back up to speed, you should be able to turn a little profit on it, should you need to sell it. But once you've really started putting work into it, it's hard to let it go unless you have to.

I think that is his Golf in the sig. Vipes, didn't you say you picked up some Audi dash in your parts run?:smilewide:

*nods* I'll even make it RHD, to boot. :P

P1010179.jpg

569de7b3.jpg

Yep, I'd say the project car bug has bitten you bad, son. :P

Hey, with bringing the car back up to speed, you should be able to turn a little profit on it, should you need to sell it. But once you've really started putting work into it, it's hard to let it go unless you have to.

Indeed it has. I'll be trading my mom for the Sunfire pretty soon as well and I may do a few things to it just to see if it'll make it run any better, and to possibly get more out of it when I sell it. No one wants a car that runs like $h!, obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

*nods* I'll even make it RHD, to boot. tongue.gif

P1010179.jpg

569de7b3.jpg

Indeed it has. I'll be trading my mom for the Sunfire pretty soon as well and I may do a few things to it just to see if it'll make it run any better, and to possibly get more out of it when I sell it. No one wants a car that runs like $h!, obviously.

Too bad the Fire is a stick....I could use a beater.....