I hate wind!

I hate the cold...but hate crowds, shopping malls, groups of people et al even more.

So the Upper Peninsula of Michigan would be a perfect place to live for me if there were jobs.

Wind is a PITA when I am 30+ feet up in the iar in the Bucket Truck...THAT's cold!

Chris

I hate BOTH...

The cold means it's uncomfortable to be outside and/or, depending on how much so, no cleaning el car-o unless I want an ice cube. The wind means crap gets blown all over, and without a garage, there's more of an annoyance.

Car aside, both stink and anymore I'm so tired of the cold--and all the constant raining around here lately--I want warm. Lots of it. And dry. Thought of moving to, say, Arizona based on jobs and such a few days ago and leaving that area open as a possibility because of it. If I could go without ever seeing snow again, and almost never being frostbite cold, I think I'd be happy even if that means more barren. Oh well.

Car aside, both stink and anymore I'm so tired of the cold--and all the constant raining around here lately--I want warm. Lots of it. And dry. Thought of moving to, say, Arizona based on jobs and such a few days ago and leaving that area open as a possibility because of it. If I could go without ever seeing snow again, and almost never being frostbite cold, I think I'd be happy even if that means more barren. Oh well.

Job market in Az is horrible. It's economy is based on real estate appreciation and population growth. Isn't working now after 50 years of boom times. The desert is hideously ugly IMHO, the climate is horrid w/ triple digit highs for most of 5 months. I plan to get out this year. Even a humid climate w/ gray winters is preferable to this red state hellhole, IMHO.

Being here, I realize I can handle cold much better than heat. Colorado really is the ideal climate for me--blue skies (don't get that in AZ--just silver-blue haze in the summer), dry w/ a bit of snow in the winter but sunny. But alas, I'm likely headed back east. Southwestern PA most likely, which is an area I do like..not a Colorado climate, but something worthwhile and resolves family and car issues.

Kind of like you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Job market in Az is horrible. It's economy is based on real estate appreciation and population growth. Isn't working now after 50 years of boom time. The desert is hideously ugly IMHO, the climate is horrid w/ triple digit highs for most of 5 months. I plan to get out this year. Even a humid climate w/ gray winters is preferable to this red state hellhole, IMHO.

Being here, I realize I can handle cold much better than heat. Colorado really is the ideal climate for me--blue skies (don't get that in AZ--just silver-blue haze in the summer), dry w/ a bit of snow in the winter but sunny. Kind of like you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Nice to know! It was just a random idea once, and there's a lot of places to choose from...if for god's sake I ever had the time and money to travel. I want California weather, essentially, but open to anywhere that also has positive living/work/$$/etc. conditions to do it in. Otherwise, free as a bird...don't want insane heat and dust...but want no snow or a next to nil amount and no lower than the 40's most of the time...

I feel so at home when I get back to Southeastern PA, if only I could move the region to some place else with better weather :AH-HA:

Double negatives are funny.

What feels like double negative wind chill, not funny.

It's too damn cold here as well. At least it did snow a little bit today. I can forgive Winter for it's horrible temperatures and hideous, wasteland landscapes only when there's a nice dusting of snow on the ground.

Double negatives are funny.

What feels like double negative wind chill, not funny.

It's too damn cold here as well. At least it did snow a little bit today. I can forgive Winter for it's horrible temperatures and hideous, wasteland landscapes only when there's a nice dusting of snow on the ground.

Gosh no...that just makes it WORSE! Snow has never equated to pretty to me, I think, unless I was 6 and sledding on the first few days of a big storm. Otherwise, yeck. Disgusting mess that doesn't just dry away quickly.

IMHO, of course :AH-HA:

1:30am in southern Delaware, furnace cranking, it's 20 degrees (about as cold as it gets here), and with random once an hour gusts so hard, you get creaky wall syndrome. Take me away, oh take me away...to Texas...or San Diego...

I like living in a place with 4 seasons, it gives me something to look forward to, but this wind is a BITCH. Windy all day yesterday, I crashed early, just woke up, and it's STILL windy as hell. Wind is the worst aspect of winter, srsly.

I like living in a place with 4 seasons, it gives me something to look forward to, but this wind is a BITCH. Windy all day yesterday, I crashed early, just woke up, and it's STILL windy as hell. Wind is the worst aspect of winter, srsly.

Eh, I could take a winter in the 50's with sun, just enough for a hoodie. Other than that, sun me... 8)

Exactly how I feel about it.

The thing I hate about our weather here is that it tends to come in large blocks (a week of rain, a week of severe cold, a 10-day heat wave...). I don't mind a day or two of a given sort of weather, but the persistence of one type of nasty or another drives me nuts.

And wind is the worst.

Bitter out there today.

Job market in Az is horrible. It's economy is based on real estate appreciation and population growth. Isn't working now after 50 years of boom times. The desert is hideously ugly IMHO, the climate is horrid w/ triple digit highs for most of 5 months. I plan to get out this year. Even a humid climate w/ gray winters is preferable to this red state hellhole, IMHO.

Being here, I realize I can handle cold much better than heat. Colorado really is the ideal climate for me--blue skies (don't get that in AZ--just silver-blue haze in the summer), dry w/ a bit of snow in the winter but sunny. But alas, I'm likely headed back east. Southwestern PA most likely, which is an area I do like..not a Colorado climate, but something worthwhile and resolves family and car issues.

Kind of like you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Very true.

Exactly how I feel about it.

The thing I hate about our weather here is that it tends to come in large blocks (a week of rain, a week of severe cold, a 10-day heat wave...). I don't mind a day or two of a given sort of weather, but the persistence of one type of nasty or another drives me nuts.

And wind is the worst.

Bitter out there today.

Sounds like that here, too...