Cadillac Announces Pricing For 2007 Escalade

Variance

Cadillac Announces Pricing For The All-New 2007 Escalade

Detroit- Cadillac announced today that pricing for the all-new 2007 Escalade, scheduled to hit dealerships in February, will start at $57,280 manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) including destination charges for the all-wheel drive variant available at launch. This price for the 2007 Escalade represents a carry-over entry price relative to the outgoing 2006 Escalade while the vehicle is all-new inside and out. The 2007 Escalade provides several new features as standard equipment including; a power liftgate, remote starting, side-curtain airbags, Bose 5.1 Surround audio system and others adding thousands of dollars to the content value of the all-new Escalade.

“Offering our more dramatically styled, greatly refined and higher performance all-new Escalade at a starting price equal to the current generation Escalade should certainly attract luxury consumers’ attention and help Cadillac continue to dominate the large luxury utility segment,” said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. “The new 2007 Escalade boldly begins the next phase of Cadillac’s renaissance.”

The all-new 2007 Escalade is thoroughly upgraded from its predecessor with a new chassis, powertrain, safety systems and a distinctive, refined, luxury car-like interior. These integrated systems deliver the most powerful and most efficient luxury SUV in the segment, led by a new 6.2L all-aluminum V-8 engine with variable valve timing technology delivering 403 horsepower (301 kw) and 417 lb-ft of torque.

2007 Cadillac Escalade vehicle highlights include:

-All-new distinctive exterior design

-All-new, Escalade exclusive, spacious interior with superior refinement

-A new 403 horsepower 6.2L all-aluminum small-block V-8 with VVT providing improved fuel efficiency

-Efficient six-speed automatic transmission with Drive Shift Control

-Stronger frame chassis with responsive coil-over-shock front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering for the best ride and handling in the segment

-Standard roof-mounted head curtain side air bags and StabiliTrak stability control system with new rollover mitigation technology

-Bose 5.1 Digital Surround audio system, including available navigation radio with touch-screen control

-A myriad of luxury features available including factory installed 22" chrome wheels, climate controlled front seats, power fold and tumble 2 nd row seats, remote start, power articulating running boards, power liftgate and IntelliBeam headlamps

-Enhanced four-wheel disc brake system

-Improved fuel economy

Cadillac is a division of General Motors (NYSE: GM). General Motors, the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, designs, builds and markets cars and trucks worldwide, and has been the global automotive sales leader since 1931. Cadillac products include the CTS sport sedan, SRX luxury utility, STS performance luxury sedan, DTS large luxury sedan, XLR luxury roadster, Escalade full-size SUVs (Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT) and the high-performance V-Series (CTS-V, STS-V, XLR-V) three cars that go 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

Link: http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet...n=2&docid=22158

That's approximately a $3,000 increase over the '06. Normally, I'd say that it was overpriced.. but considering how nice the new Escalade is compared to the current version..it's somewhat justified.

Edited by Cadillacfan

IMO I think it should come with Nav standard, but that's just me. Considering what people would pay for and what they were getting before, and what the consumer is getting now, I'd say the price increase is justified. Though I still think certain cars should come with Nav standar, and this is one of them.

Hmm...the 50's is expected, but it really should have stuff like a Nav and Keyless go standard at $57k.

Oh well, I guess it isn't like the too Chevy current one that costs just about as much--has a lot more specific Caddy to it this time around, and is a lot nicer in general.

Still think the '07 Tahoe/Yukon are overpriced though...

NAV should now and forevermore always be an option. I want my dash uncluttered with pointless crap, please. And this is from a guy who has a Bonneville sitting in the driveway.

If anything, I would think the Nav would "unclutter" the dash. To me, a screen looks a lot cleaner than buttons, knobs, switches, and plastics.

NAV should now and forevermore always be an option. I want my dash uncluttered with pointless crap, please. And this is from a guy who has a Bonneville sitting in the driveway.

I'm not sure about that. Have you seen the Escalade dash without navigation? It's not the prettiest thing in the world.

Posted Image

It should have a color LCD screen standard like every other full-size luxury SUV does.

Posted Image

Cool, but not to be rude or anything Josh, but didn't we already know this and see this back when the first pics were debuted? I remember the conversation that was going on about GM's new attention to detail and I remember this being included. Not to rain on your parade or anything. It's still pretty neat.

Edited by Nick

Wow, cool pic Josh. Could you sit in it at the public show? I am hoping you can at Chicago since it should be on sale by then.

I doubt many will be made that don't have NAV, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Besides, if it costs $2k, what's the difference between $57k and $59k to someone who can afford a car that expensive? Even if you finance it for 4 years, that's about $40 a month.

I'm not sure about that. Have you seen the Escalade dash without navigation? It's not the prettiest thing in the world.

Posted Image

It should have a color LCD screen standard like every other full-size luxury SUV does.

Not everyone wants NAV. An option either way is nice.

That would be fine in a lot of other cars, But the only reason I say nav should be standard on this is because until GM can make a center console look good without nav, then it should come standard with nav (ok, so I may be exaggerrating a bit, GM has some ok interiors without nav, but come on...look at that console without nav...it looks like crap. That's my opinion anyways). They could have atleast done what they did in the XLR and atleast put a metallic finish on it or something...Anything would look better than all that empty space and crappy plastic. I don't care how it looks or feels. Plastic is plastic and plastic is cheap.

Edited by Nick

Posted Image

It should have Navigation Standard the dash looks ugly without! or at least they should put a casstte player to fill the void. ^_^

On another note is that a DVD audio player? in other words the DVD player will it play the DVD audio format? :unsure:

$57K sounds like a lot for a glorified truck, but actually, that's just $7K more than a Tahoe LTZ, and the Escalade has a lot to offer -- better interior quality, more horsepower, more gears...

I could easily say the same for the QX56 and LX470, but I see the Escalade as offering clearly the most in its field.

LOL!!!! That's ridiculous, whether or not its loaded to the gills and powerful. Doesn't a (inferior, I know) Lincoln Mark LT start at $40,000? That's at least $5,000 too high.

I can't really comment on the price because I'm not that big of a fan. The exterior barely screams $57k and the center stack without nav doesn't come close. Though, the huge increase in all the goodies (which includes build and materials quality) does justify the increase in price, I guess.

LOL!!!! That's ridiculous, whether or not its loaded to the gills and powerful. Doesn't a (inferior, I know) Lincoln Mark LT start at $40,000? That's at least $5,000 too high.

Wouldn't the Navigator, with its base price of about $50k, be a better comparison, since they actually compete with each other?

I agree with the comments above about a screen being standard. The price seems okay since so many were willing to pay much more for the totally inferior ESV of last year. The new Escalade is a quality piece. Although for 57k this should come with NAV standard.

Wow, cool pic Josh. Could you sit in it at the public show? I am hoping you can at Chicago since it should be on sale by then.

I doubt many will be made that don't have NAV, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Besides, if it costs $2k, what's the difference between $57k and $59k to someone who can afford a car that expensive? Even if you finance it for 4 years, that's about $40 a month.

not when i was there on saturday. they had a white one on a spining platform. they also had all 3 in black on a platform that was angled at 15 degrees or something.

I agree with the comments above about a screen being standard. The price seems okay since so many were willing to pay much more for the totally inferior ESV of last year. The new Escalade is a quality piece. Although for 57k this should come with NAV standard.

Remember the $76,000 MSRP ESV Platinum Edition?

Posted Image

Big pimpin', dawg.

If people wanted good deals, they wouldn't be looking for a Escalade. They are bought for the image, and I think it's about time Cadillac didn't just try to get the most sales by just being the cheapest, or in other cases(CTS) larger for the same price. Luxury brands aren't meant to be screaming deals, they are meant to show status, and to show look at how much I had to spend on this car/truck.

Well yeah that's true Satty-Navigator and Escalade are closest competitors, but I guess I was just referencing the only smart move Lincoln made with the shoulda-never-been-bothered-with (whoever even THOUGHT of it should've been fired) Mark LT-how they lowballed the price for a luxury pickup. However, since Escalade looks like little more than a poorly-distinguished Tahoe, $57,000-regardless of image, is actually now that I think of it-$10,000 overpriced.