Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satty

I want a convertible

16 posts in this topic

Yeah, its that time of year again. We get a couple of days in the 60's with some nice sun and suddenly I'm jonesing for an open top. I checked Craigslist and found a LeBaron for $950 and a Sebring for $1100. Ebay reveals a couple SuperBeetle convertibles that would be fantastic, even if they need some work. Alas, I shant be getting one anytime soon.

I'm guessing the Sebring was a first gen for that price...or a 2nd gen with a blown 2.7...

A LeBaron is a Shadow is a K car...easy to work on and plenty of interchangeable parts from various models of the era. Easy to work on besides getting at the waterpump...which is a PITA in those cars but 1000x easier than a timing driven pump.

It was a 1st gen with like 110k miles. After my last first gen experience, it would have to be crazy cheap (like $500) for me to even consider it. Moot point since we're moving this summer and money is going into that, not some toy.

But I want one soooooooooo bad.

Cutlass Supreme convertible. All the space of a W-body coupe with the top up, and still a usable trunk with the top down. Get the 3.4DOHC, bring a phillips head screwdriver to check the timing belt (just have to remove one screw), the phone number to the local alternator repair shop, and you're all set.

Cutlass Supreme convertible. All the space of a W-body coupe with the top up, and still a usable trunk with the top down. Get the 3.4DOHC, bring a phillips head screwdriver to check the timing belt (just have to remove one screw), the phone number to the local alternator repair shop, and you're all set.

There is a white one (with the 3.1) on eBay for $900...

There is a white one (with the 3.1) on eBay for $900...

3.1 is easier to maintain but slooooooowwww...

the 3.4 would keep up with V8 mustangs of it's day.

I was gaga over those and the coupes when I was but four or five years old.

3.1 is easier to maintain but slooooooowwww...

the 3.4 would keep up with V8 mustangs of it's day.

Thats the only one on eBay. Doesn't matter, I really dont feel like getting a divorce.

+1

There is also an early 90's Tracker with an asking price of $6,000.

Convertibles are cool, I'm thinking of a Mustang convertible in the future myself!

Good luck Satty!

Chris

Don't you have a Miata?

Convertibles are like Potato chips, you can't have just one.

And yes, I still want a Solstice...maybe three convertibles?

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0