For better or worse, a lot of the things won't make it production. Just look at the Coupe Si concept and the production version, and you can pretty much count on all the same changes going to production.

Some shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the Coupe Si to compare:

Concept:

Posted Image

Production:

Posted Image

You can pretty much use your imagination on the Sedan. The HFP lip kit is available for the coupe (and probably will be for the Sedan), which makes it resemble the concept more, and foglights are an option (although not yellow).

Personally, I love the black hood and roof two tone look, I wish they would have that option for production models.

Of course these don't even come close to the Civic Sport concept =)

Edited by siegen

Great... more factory rice...

Sort of surprised me that this thing doesn't even have traction control available, even on the family models.

Look at the pic Bimmer posted... and show me "rice".

Anyways, I finally realized what makes me like the concept coupe so much more than the production coupe. It's the wheel flares. I can't stand that style of them, making the concept look so much better. Also, the tinted headlights help too. Hmm... a black Si coupe with tinted headlights and those wheel flares/ground effects... :wub::D

Those $24 Fog lights from Autozone that are on the Concept are the exact ones I have on my Datsun. No joke.

Posted Image

The production version does look better in real life than in photos but that's not saying much. Still a very over-rated and under whelming econobox. Kind of like a base Cobalt except less attractive & more expensive.

Still a very over-rated and under whelming econobox. Kind of like a base Cobalt  except less attractive & more expensive.

From my experience and observations, Honda's performance cars have always been under rated. This is usually do to the straight line acceleration, which is less in the low rpm range, where people feel it the most (it's harder to tell differences in acceleration in high rpms). If you're saying this car is over-rated, you probably haven't driven one yet and have focused on only finding negative reviews about it.

Good idea, IMO. Some people just want more practicality than a coupe offers. This way, Honda has all their bases covered.

One question, though: In what sense is this car a "Concept"? After all, Honda has pretty much admitted that they will put it into production sometime in the near future. It's no more a "Concept car" than a factory-sponsored tuner Civic from SEMA is.

The sedan Bimmer posted is actually quite sharp, except the wheels and decals come off as ricey. I prefer go to show and sleepers to in-your-face screamers, so that's where that opinion comes from.

I must admit the sedan is growing alot as of late to the point where I could say I like it. You'd never get me to buy one for its a Honda, but I do like its lines. Far better proportioned than the coupe, which is still Godawful by anyone's measure, perhaps the ugliest coupe ever.

I think that dash has got to be the best thought out design in a compact car why because the speedo is were your eyes meet the windshield and the controls are simple and within easy reach Honda has always got it right with its interiors even the previous generation civic had a well thought out design.

The sedan Bimmer posted is actually quite sharp, except the wheels and decals come off as ricey. I prefer go to show and sleepers to in-your-face screamers, so that's where that opinion comes from.

I must admit the sedan is growing alot as of late to the point where I could say I like it. You'd never get me to buy one for its a Honda, but I do like its lines. Far better proportioned than the coupe, which is still Godawful by anyone's measure, perhaps the ugliest coupe ever.

You know... I'm starting to actually agree. Seeing the pic Bimmer posted instantly made me think of this. I always thought the coupes looked better, but after seeing it in person and being underwhelmed and now seeing the sedan with bigger wheels and better front fascia, I get the feeling the sedan is proportioned better. The rear is still horrible, though, IMO.

As for the interior, after seeing it in person... it's not as bad as it looks. I kind of like it.