The breathtaking Buicks in Chicago

wildcat

Here are select photos I took at the Chicago Auto Show, all at Buick's exhibit. I hope that fellow Buick fans will enjoy them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can tell you that the Enclave is beautiful! I was worried that it would be too big for me, but, in person, it didn't seem too big. Chunky or hefty, yes, but I don't mean that in a bad way, just a descriptive adjective. It looks very substantial.

Though I arrived not long after the Show opened for the day, there were a lot of people looking at the various Buicks. The biggest variety of ages were looking at the Enclave. Mostly older people (gray hair) were looking at Lucerne (shown in about 4 different colors and trims), but there were a lot of people checking it out. There was also a Lucerne cut in half and displayed in glass cases, in various sections, highlighting specific features. Other people, slightly younger, were looking at LaCrosse (with maybe 3 different exterior colors). I didn't notice anyone at the two Rendezvous, and thought the lone Terraza was ignored in a corner (then right at that moment, two guys hopped in it!).

I really got a good feeling from the Buick exhibit, which also included a couple different engines on display, a color chart, a large blow-up of the recent USA Today article comparing Lucerne with the Toyota Avalon, and even two rows of J.D. Power awards.

Edited by wildcat

I think Buick has a bright future if the Lucerne and Enclave are any indication... The Lucerne is making headway as a stronger second wave to a semi successful Lacrosse. Now all GM has to do is launch the Enclave successfully and get more product in the pipeline (AS IN: a Velite sourced from the new Camaro platform, etc.)

I actually think I see some "family" resemblance between the Buick Enclave and the 1953 Buick Skylark. Both have thick front ends, each with a rounded hood and big chrome grille and large headlights and graceful fenders and portholes. Especially in the 7th photo from the top.

Doesn't Bob Lutz own a '53 Skylark? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't suggest to designers that a modern interpretation of the prescence of that car be applied to Enclave's exterior.

I think Buick has a bright future if the Lucerne and Enclave are any indication... The Lucerne is making headway as a stronger second wave to a semi successful Lacrosse. Now all GM has to do is launch the Enclave successfully and get more product in the pipeline (AS IN: a Velite sourced from the new Camaro platform, etc.)

The argument could be made that Buick should have revamped their line from the top down, not from the bottom up.

I was just there on Saturday, and I can say Buick is finally getting some attention. The Lacrosse and Lucerne both look very classy in the good 'ol Buick way. The Enclave has a great stance...a winner for sure. I thought the coach lamp was a neat touch that I really hope makes it into production. I think it's safe to say that Buick is back! :thumbsup:

Im not a suv person but the Enclave looks like it should get some attention. They really put character into it. The Lucerne and Lacrosse as always are "damn!, thats one nice Buick! "

Thanks for shareing, in a few more weekends we will have time enough to go test drive a few Buicks.

the gang will be around in a moment or two to tell us whats wrong with them

The Enclave looks good, as always. Cannot wait to see the production version.

I'm glad Lucerne is selling so well, though it is too decontented for its segment. It seems when Buick decided to replace LeSabre and Park Avenue with one car they made it 90% LeSabre and 10% Park Avenue. Bad choice (except in the styling department). That said, Lucerne is very competent, though it is in dire need of more features and higher-quality dash materials (and I'd like a bit more wood, though not a deal-breaker). The exterior is perfect. Change nothing.

LaCrosse? They still make that thing? Party at my house when the last W-body rolls off the assembly line...:D

Edited by Croc

The Enclave looks good, as always.  Cannot wait to see the production version.

I'm glad Lucerne is selling so well, though it is too decontented for its segment.  It seems when Buick decided to replace LeSabre and Park Avenue with one car they made it 90% LeSabre and 10% Park Avenue.  Bad choice (except in the styling department).  That said, Lucerne is very competent, though it is in dire need of more features and higher-quality dash materials (and I'd like a bit more wood, though not a deal-breaker).  The exterior is perfect.  Change nothing.

LaCrosse?  They still make that thing?  Party at my house when the last W-body rolls off the assembly line...:D

I think the Lucerne really is the new LeSabre...just look at the taillamp design. The LeSabre always had smooth, clean taillamps, while the Park had much more detail. I think a flagship Buick is on it's way! And the Lacrosse? I thought the white CXL with spoiler and chrome-tech wheels was a beautiful car. The black CXS was pretty damn slick-looking too! I really don't understand why people dislike it so much. The Ford 500 and clones are ABSOLUTE CRAP compared to the Lacrosse. On the Ford I was able to pull off the chrome ring around the shifter. It was loose and cheap as hell...total junk!

I'd love to see the Enclave in person-I think that is the key to Buick's future-I have to do a write-up on Buick and I'll be including this for my English paper. On the other hand, once the Lucerne looks like a Buick inside and out....then we'll talk.

Thank you to everyone, including buickguy, empowah, Flybrian, Cananopie, razoredge and CSpec, who had something nice to say, either about the Buick Enclave or my photos. Based on CSpec's request, I have enlarged a few of the photos, and added a new one below. (I used uploadit.org; what is the MB size of the biggest image file C&G allows?)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image