Can You Solve This?

Cory Wolfe

Is Buick starting a viral campaign for the Lucerne and using message boards to promote this car? I've heard some good things about the car from truly independent sources, but not to the level I've seen in certain chat areas online. I understand that these are typically GM-oriented chat areas...but could Buick be planting some of these messages?

Yes, Toni, I was bored. :duck:

Anyways, some people defend the styling of this car way too much so I had to do the obvious and show just show how far from unique and "Buick" it is. It's not about classiness. If it was... well, I don't see how anything that's a rip-off of other cars and is as bland as it gets is classy. Oh... must be the plastic chrome and fake wood.

Anyways, some people defend the styling of this car way too much so I had to do the obvious and show just show how far from unique and "Buick" it is. It's not about classiness. If it was... well, I don't see how anything that's a rip-off of other cars and is as bland as it gets is classy. Oh... must be the plastic chrome and fake wood.

Let's wrap all that in a big IMO sandwich.

I don't understand your hate for a car you couldn't buy anyway and that you've stated you don't like before. Seriously.

Well, the Lucerne is one of the best looking and most stylish Buick automobiles in a little over a decade. It's not a soft blob of nothing or totaly boring, old, and generic.

I really like it, and at NAIAS, there were a lot of younger people waiting to sit in the Lucerne, to check it out. I was surprised and proud.

Buick is my GM of North America brand. Just waiting for more good looking cars to come, that's all.

I don't understand your hate for a car you couldn't buy anyway and that you've stated you don't like before. Seriously.

No worries, Fly. 17ers love to rebel. I've been through it :D

Reminds me when we got our Cavalier, and I wanted the Alero.

Looking back it was just so stupid.

Edited by ToniCipriani

I like the Lucerne because it evokes the less extravagantly styled Buicks of the 1960s that were IMO beautiful in their simplicity. Time for a brief pictorial:

1965 LeSabre

Posted Image

1966 Skylark

Posted Image

Posted Image

1967 Riviera

Posted Image

1967 Electra

Posted Image

Posted Image

The car itself isn't bad. The styling, however... and since when did not being able to buy something mean I cannot express distaste for it? Sure, I do it in an annoying way, but still... Yes, though, anything like this is obviously of my opinion. :P

He likes to argue. 

Yes, I do. I am also stubborn. I'm proud of it, too. :D

No worries, Fly. 17ers love to rebel. I've been through it

Yes, correct. You are looking at typical 17 year old. Although, I wouldn't call this rebelling...

I like the Lucerne because it evokes the less extravagantly styled Buicks of the 1960s that were IMO beautiful in their simplicity. Time for a brief pictorial:

Beautiful, they were, but just like other cars you've said this about, I don't see the connection. Bland and plain suddenly evokes beautiful, stylish, and thoroughly unique? I must've missed the memo... :duh:

Styling Trivia : Did you know the Boattail was............hang on..........its gonna hurt..........

RETRO inspired ! no wonder it looks so damn good, they looked back and got inspired from some of the best of the past.

Yes it was and yes I did. 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

--------

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image