my new Cobalt SS

First of all----glad to see Cheers and Gears back! Best car forum!

Heres my 06 2.4L SS coupe. The colour is granite blue and you can't get that on US SS Cobalts. My first new car too!

No pricey options---just the way I would have ordered it. Keeps the payments lower!

Used 1500 GM pionts and $1000 from Car Heaven (GM sponsored program to get old cars off the road)

And of course the 5 speed. The 2.4L is a very impressive engine. Smooth with all right right sounds. Makes very good low end torque. Just got over 800kms on it and have been babying it. Just starting to open her up a bit now.

The build qaulity and interior are great. And the the 5 speed is the BEST fwd manual trans I have ever driven. Perfect shifts and launches are childs play.

Way to go GM!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hopefully i can keep the Firebird!
Posted Image

Just got a new cam/intake--and she has a real mean idle now!

take it easy cuz a guy down my street has a saturn ion redline and after 1500 miles he need new tires! so if i was you leave some tread! but then a gain i just didnt pay alot for a new car

• 2 weeks later...
They got the stance on the non-supercharged SS just right. Sportier than the base/LS/LT, yet more subdued than the SS/SC. I love it, and am seriously mulling over getting the SS kit for my car.

Awsome Cobalt. Great stealthy color. I'd never get rid of the Firebird if it was me. Maybe for a 2006 GTO or CTS-V I'd consider it, but never for a Cobalt.