the CURSE

actual damage was minimal. my front bumper tagged a passat in front of me.

my license plate took the biggest bump. it was freakish in how the front shape of my car mated to the shape of his car so as all the damage to him visually was some red paint scrapes on his plate frame.

Alas, now i have some gouges and missing paint on my NEW CAR bumper. At least far as i can tell yet the bumper cover was not deformed in any way, or cracked. Odd considering how loud the noise made when i hit his car.

Thing that sucked was I planned only to keep this car for a short time and try to sell it for max value when i wanted to. Now it will be impossible to sell it for any decent price regardless of the fact that there is probably no damage other than scratches.

My neck did feel a little twinge different. I am just upset because nothing seems to be going right these days, this just underscores it. How often is it you get in an accident with someone and you are in total agreement on what happened but it doesn't matter?

Short description. I was third in a line of three cars changing highways and in a merge lane to get on the new highway. there was some rain out so traffic was moving many different speeds, and with the bad weather people were out shopping so hence the high traffic. the area i was in is a high incident area by the way its designed.

the first person in line was proceeding to merge but then stopped due to apprehension and lack of skill and probably the rain. the second car, which i hit, had to stop and probably narrowly missed a frontal. in the extremely short time i spent checking my mirror and behind my left shoulder for traffic to merge into what i saw of his car in front changed from 'accelerating and merging' to dead stop.

I actually think another foot or so if i had that i woulda missed him. I could tell at the end there he was upset with the first person in line that got away.

Edited by regfootball

Dammit. Yup, I had a lady park right on the line of a parking spot at Lowe's next to my Cobalt when it was near new and her kid swung the door open and folded my mirror back and put a dent in the center of my door... just as I was approaching it after shopping. Luckily, Paintless Dent Repair worked to the point that if a person didn't know ahead of time they wouldn't have been able to tell.

Post a picture if you have the inclination.

Dammit. Yup, I had a lady park right on the line of a parking spot at Lowe's next to my Cobalt when it was near new and her kid swung the door open and folded my mirror back and put a dent in the center of my door... just as I was approaching it after shopping. Luckily, Paintless Dent Repair worked to the point that if a person didn't know ahead of time they wouldn't have been able to tell.

Post a picture if you have the inclination.

will do. The plastic seems ok. The paint scratches are deep enough that I am unsure if there is a way to get rid of it. Lol, maybe this IS my chance for a G5 front clip. Really, most people won't notice unless they look close. Since it was so loud I will get it inspected underneath.

Ever since I got the car I have been careful where and how I park it. But my tiny car is a MAGNET for big hulking SUV's to park next to it and not give a $h! about how they park. A cpl Saturdays ago I parked with no one several spots on either side of me. Bitch in a Durango pulls in right next to me as I was walking back to my car. The inisde of her passenger side tire was at least six inches to the left ofthe stripe. She left me about 15 inches to get in. I got pissed and yelled (as she was on her cell phone) "could you

leave me some F---ing space to get into my car?". She just has this dumb as $h! look on her face and starts getting back into her car to move it. I am thinking to myself, "you stupid c--_€£¥".

Seriously, a small car means big trucks take free reign to park however. Again, this morn at starbucks, the Q7 a spot away from us was easily 2 feet over it's driver side line and straddling it. Fu--.

I am so sorry. At least you are okay. It could have been worse. I have had those periods like that when things just go wrong and it is never ending.... Hang in there.

it gets crazy when it rains here. I was worried about getting rear ended again since there wasn't much area to pull off. I am actually glad now I got a cobalt instead of say, a regal turbo. Imagine getting a brand new regal and then smacking it a couple weekS later.

The inisde of her passenger side tire was at least six inches to the left ofthe stripe. She left me about 15 inches to get in.

This just serves to remind me how big American parking spaces are. Come to Toronto and park like that and you won't even get a Smart car in the space next to it.

Aye, Reg ... sorry that happened.

Glad YOU are OK...that's what is important.

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *

MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Get to what's real" ... Van Halen ... 'Jump'