Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Apple iMac is simply the best

regfootball

MIKE WENDLAND: Apple iMac is simply the best

BY MIKE WENDLAND

FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

February 14, 2006

Apple's new iMac running the new Intel Core Duo microprocessor is the finest, most reliable, stable, elegant and intuitive personal computer available anywhere.

There. I don't think I could say it any clearer.

Detroit Free Press

I hate Mac Apple or what ever. I use one once and will never give them credit again as long as i live. yet i hate XP to i think 98 was so much more stable.

On the Mac thing back in 00 this guy set up his new Mac and the thing was hard to use and it crashed after 30 minutes of use. Ended up the bored fryed. The warrntee covered it but he sold it to a college kid for $150 bucks 3 months later. Another reson why i wont buy an ipod.

Besides the guy is a retard he should of ran off with DOS and made his 50 nillion instead of letting Bill Gates do it

its overpriced

I get that from my PC friends. I remember when I bought my present computer (a key lime iBook SE) five years ago that I was paying too much, that I'd bever use a 20 gig hard drive, etc. Well, my PC friends have gone through at least two computers since I got this one, and the only reason I would need a new computer is that I am starting to be left behind as far as upgrades: but i can lst another three years before I'm totally left behind, and I am sure that the computer will last that long.

Hell, my experience at work, with three computers in six years is more than enough to reinforce the idea that Mac is the way to go: I've had IBM, HP and Dell and they were all awful.

Did I say I HATE Apple! :hissyfit: I'd go Lennox or somthing. I'd Rather Have DOS with the Green screen than and apple/Macintosh w/e!

Are you sure you don't mean Linux, or were you really planning on trading in your PC for a vase? :spin:

The only gripe I have with them is they don't let you do anything technical like in Windows, as I used to administer Apples on a school network. On the techie side it's hard to configure. Now in OS X they let you do it, but then you need to know *NIX.

Speaking of Apples, where is Network Engineer?

I hate Mac Apple or what ever. I use one once and will never give them credit again as long as i live. yet i hate XP to i think 98 was so much more stable.

On the Mac thing back in 00 this guy set up his new Mac and the thing was hard to use and it crashed after 30 minutes of use. Ended up the bored fryed. The warrntee covered it but he sold it to a college kid for $150 bucks 3 months later. Another reson why i wont buy an ipod.

Besides the guy is a retard he should of ran off with DOS and made his 50 nillion instead of letting Bill Gates do it

:alcoholic: How drunk are you exactly?

You post makes as much sense as someone saying "My grandma bought an '83 Cavalier and it broke down on her right away. She traded it in for a Toyota and never had a problem since. I'll never buy a Chevy because of it."

Seriously, think before you post.

My sister got a PowerMac G5 and PowerBook G4 for college, and I absolutely love the excellent fit-and-finish and the high-quality materials that Apple uses. The keyboard alone feels three times as expensive as this $399 Dell special (GM of computers?) I'm using. And plus the finger-sensing "on" switch for the monitor is sooooo cool...

My sister got a PowerMac G5 and PowerBook G4 for college, and I absolutely love the excellent fit-and-finish and the high-quality materials that Apple uses. The keyboard alone feels three times as expensive as this $399 Dell special (GM of computers?) I'm using. And plus the finger-sensing "on" switch for the monitor is sooooo cool...

Same goes for my PowerBook G4...

I used to have the same opinions about Macs (wierd, stupid etc.) until my advisor got me the PowerBook to work on. Like empowah said, these things have awesome fit-and-finish etc. My previous laptop, a Vaio, felt so flimsy and cheap compared to the Mac. So what if it takes a little getting used to OSX and the software in general, it's worth it. So worth it that I replaced our PC at home with an iMac (pre Intel).

As far as the price... it is quite an initial hurdle to get over, but what can you do...

The only gripe I have with them is they don't let you do anything technical like in Windows, as I used to administer Apples on a school network. On the techie side it's hard to configure.

that's the beauty of it. nothing to mess with. it just works. simple. 95% of computer users would rather not have to tinker with anything.

that's the beauty of it.  nothing to mess with.  it just works.  simple.  95% of computer users would rather not have to tinker with anything.

You have to understand that's a problem that we as engineers have to deal with everyday. If things don't break there's nothing for us to redesign and fix. And seriously that's somewhat how I got "fired" in my previous co-op term (Well, it was the end of the term for me, but they cut the position because hardly anything happened to the network. It was too stable and we attended to any problems too intensively.)

Finally picked up a Mac to play around with a few days ago, just an iBook G4 12" model barely used for $700CDN. After playing, supporting and developing with various MS Windows products for 15 years with bits of Unix at work, I have to say its a refreshing change. They've really got a good thing going with OSX.

Edited by frogger