Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Honda Civic Type R Concept @ Geneva

Variance

Honda Civic Type-R Concept - first pics

Thursday 23 February 2006 20:08:42 by Luca

Here it is, the eagerly awaited Honda Civic Type-R Concept that will be presented next week in Geneva. This Concept should be very similar to the production 3-door version. In the Type-R and in this yellow livery it resembles a bad-ass car out the Mugen shop more than a "factory" Honda.

I guess this version will put to rest once and for all Top Gear's saying that only old people buy Hondas in Europa, nowadays.

The concept has the 200 ps 2.0 liters i-VTEC engine of the previous Type-R. We still don't know it the production Type-R will have the same engine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Link: http://www.eurocarblog.com/post/246/honda-...cept-first-pics

Sorry, but that is very, very, very unattractive.

Is there something wrong with me being 21 and hating these types of cars.

Nope, I'm 20 and hate it as well.

And what the hell is with the red emblem. I thought "what the hell, the steal Saturn headlights for the Si and THEN put the Saturn emblem on the "Type R" :P

That sHIiZZZZit is mAD TYyyYYTe, Yo!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!111oneoneoneone

Seriously, though. Is this some kind of joke? This is more proof that Honda is alone in the woods without a compass or a GPS, searching for an identity. And you know what the saddest part about this is? Take away all the rice, and that is a very attrractive little hatch.

This is the Europe only one, and is obviously built off the Europe-only Civic hatchback.

It's a little over the top, but remember this is a concept. I think it would look awesome in black, the yellow is kind of loud.

And what the hell is with the red emblem.  I thought "what the hell, the steal Saturn headlights for the Si and THEN put the Saturn emblem on the "Type R" :P

The Red honda emblems have been on the Type R's since 1994.

This is the Europe only one, and is obviously built off the Europe-only Civic hatchback.

It's a little over the top, but remember this is a concept. I think it would look awesome in black, the yellow is kind of loud.

They might want to go with white. Historically they have been white.

But nonetheless, the styling is still horrible.

Did not know that. I see stupid kids putting red and blue and black emblems on their Honda, I figured it was just stupid $h! they sold at Pepboys or something.

Did not know that.  I see stupid kids putting red and blue and black emblems on their Honda, I figured it was just stupid $h! they sold at Pepboys or something.

They do. You can tell the real ones (around $50 each new) from the Pep boys ones because the Pep boys ones fade to pink before too long :lol: