Ever Dream of Being BV's Neighbor?

If so... Now you can!!!

Posted Image

Click here, select Brookville, set price to 177,000 to 178,000, click search, then click on the ranch house, list # 01-8049

My uncle and aunt are selling their house. I thought I see if anyone here wanted to be my neighbor... well, one that is a quarter miles away... for $177,900. Yes? No? Crazy? :P

Anyways, it's a ranch house with a large 2 car garage and a swimming pool set on about 2 acres of land. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a nice finished basement (as a "family room"). The only real downside with it is the condition of the roads around here.... and... uh... the race track a few hundred yards from it. Which, I might mention, is why they are selling it. They really dislike the racetrack, Thunder Mountion Speedway. :D

So any takers? Atleast I'm selling my ATV, so you wouldn't have to put up with it zooming by. :lol:

You couldnt buy that house where I live for double that . Would be a nice country home for someone from here (NY). Hey BV is there a Stewarts not far from where you live with an old style Drive in Restaurant and a Drive in Movie in back ? I think I have been near there before I remember that Thunder mountain speedway for some reason. It is in NE PA right. I think we took 81 North to get there.

Edited by mrmonte

where do you live? how big is the house, jsut curious realestate wise.

Brookville, of course. :D In other words... rural NW PA. The house... I'm not quite sure.

You couldnt buy that house where I live for double that . Would be a nice country home for someone from here (NY). Hey BV is there a Stewarts not far from where you live with an old style Drive in Restaurant and a Drive in Movie in back ? I think I have been near there before I remember that Thunder mountain speedway for some reason. It is in NE PA right. I think we took 81 North to get there.

Nah... I'm on the north west side. There are, strangely, more than one Thunder Mountain Speedway in PA. Found that out on google and this just supports that. So... yeah, no drive in restaurant but we do have a drive in movie theatre! :P

Nice.... just in our price range... too bad it's 6 hours away form our main clients.

No thanks on the McMansion, I like being able to tell which house is mine when I am driving up the street at 2 in the morning dead tired. They also make delivering hell because all of the generally poor layout of the subdivisions they are in, overuse of cul-de-sacs and whatnot. Give me an older, unique house or some custom contruction, please.

Edited by Satty

Don't b e jealous, you know you'd snap one right up if you could afford it just like all the rest of us would...

No. I'll take my cheesy 1960s bungalow anyday. At least its true to what it is - a box to put your stuff in and sleep in. McMasions make me laugh, what with their faux columns, mishmashed styling cues, ugly slab stucco'd walls, ornate stree-facing facades and blase internment camp-style rears. Plus, all the ones I see are about 10 feet apart. Wow! What living! Let's move out to the country to get away from it all...then live right up on your neighbor just like it was in the city. Real brains at work there.

Faux people faux 'owning' their faux luxury cars in their faux houses. A big pseudolifestyle.

No. I'll take my cheesy 1960s bungalow anyday. At least its true to what it is - a box to put your stuff in and sleep in. McMasions make me laugh, what with their faux columns, mishmashed styling cues, ugly slab stucco'd walls, ornate stree-facing facades and blase internment camp-style rears. Plus, all the ones I see are about 10 feet apart. Wow! What living! Let's move out to the country to get away from it all...then live right up on your neighbor just like it was in the city. Real brains at work there.

Faux people faux 'owning' their faux luxury cars in their faux houses. A big pseudolifestyle.

Faux luxury cars with faux wood :lol::lol:

Hmmm...what you're describing is NOT what I would call McMansions. I agree, those things are cheap looking and suck. I've always defined a McMansion as a very large house with a high quality of construction...like a mansion...that is stuck on a small (in comparison) lot and surrounded by similar type structures.

Edited by Croc

Hmmm...what you're describing is NOT what I would call McMansions.  I agree, those things are cheap looking and suck.  I've always defined a McMansion as a very large house with a high quality of construction...like a mansion...that is stuck on a small (in comparison) lot and surrounded by similar type structures.

Oh, like this:

Posted Image

Heh.  They aren't vulgar.  Most of them are kept hidden away by gated walls so as not to be too ostentatious.

Umm, I'm pretty sure walling themselves off from everyone else only makes them look like even bigger jerks in the eyes of the public.

Hmmm...what you're describing is NOT what I would call McMansions.  I agree, those things are cheap looking and suck.  I've always defined a McMansion as a very large house with a high quality of construction...like a mansion...that is stuck on a small (in comparison) lot and surrounded by similar type structures.

You're misusing the term then.

McMansion is a derisive pharse used to describe a set of near identical homes chosen from a catalog loaded with fake, perverted architectual cues (high-pitched roofs, massive archways that serve no purpose) and placed in a subdevelopment with little to no yardage. High quality construction? Have you seen these things being built? Wood, wood, wood, wood. My house is an ugly old bungalow-style single-story house and its made out of cinderblock. No rot or termite worries here.

Yeah, that's exactly it.  San Jose is so beautiful.

Change the grass and roofs to brown, the houses to tan, and you have a typical newer Denver suburb...those about $350k-450k typically here. Covenant controlled, a couple with 1.8-2.5 kids, mandatory minivan and SUV or Camry/Accord and SUV in the garage :)

Edited by moltar

Fly, get it right, those are faux-SUVs, either tall-roof station wagons for people obsessed with image (SRX, ML, X5, etc) or real SUVs dumbed down for those obsessed with image (Escalade, Navigator, etc). Isn't shallowness great?

Fly, get it right, those are faux-SUVs, either tall-roof station wagons for people obsessed with image (SRX, ML, X5, etc) or real SUVs dumbed down for those obsessed with image (Escalade, Navigator, etc).  Isn't shallowness great?

I like the ones here that have Save the Panther, Save the Everlades, or Preserve Florida Wildlife license plates on their Land Cruisers, the ones they drive home to a subdivision that likely paved over some wild habitat.

Irony rocks.

Oh, like this:

Posted Image

oh my god!! that picture looks like exactly where i live.

IN FACT, it is!! lmfao!

look at the image location, it says in the file name "sanjose california" which is 1/2 hour from here. almost everywhere around here looks like that. they all cost 800K+ and it seems everyone has one..except us...hmmm..

:(

oh and sorry for going offtopic, but i had to :rolleyes:

Edited by Fijian

ha, While I haven't dreamed about it, it'd be neat to live next door to ya haha

Don't lie, NOS... You told me that you always dream about me and would love to be my neighbor. :P

SWEET garage!!!! How sad is it that the garage is the first thing I look at when considering a house???

Anyway... BV+FOG on the same block= One helluva heavy metal block party!

Haha.. yep! :metal::D

Sixty8... you really should move down here and be my neighbor. You're crazy enough to and you love me. What possible reasons could you have not to? I mean... No one around here is into cars like you, so I'd probably be up there every day. That and come on... it's Brookville (well, technically Ramseytown)! It rocks here (sarcasm)! That and you'll live next to a race track... :D:P

Posted Image

It's to the right of the house, in that field. The white building you see is on the dirt grandstands.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My house, is in that valley, below that small gray house. The second pic shows how close you'd be to me.