A shot that I feel makes the GP interior look good

I still like that EXACT interior in the GP a lot more than some other cars, particularly the G6 and the Impala/Monte Carlo. No, all the parts aren't Lexus quality, but it all felt nice to me whenever I'm at an auto show, and I love the layout of the controls.

Only problem with the GP is the HORRIBLE back seat, but that's the same for the Lacrosse, so I guess it's just a problem with the older W-bodies in general. But still, I could care less, and would love to have a new white GXP.

Matter of fact, here's a car I'd love to have, just like this, plus Navigation:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Only problem with the GP is the HORRIBLE back seat, but that's the same for the Lacrosse, so I guess it's just a problem with the older W-bodies in general.

No way. Centuries and Regals had quite spacious rear quarters and - of course - a more formal roofline by comparison.

I still like the GP interior, especially for its driver-oriented stack.

No way. Centuries and Regals had quite spacious rear quarters and - of course - a more formal roofline by comparison.

I still like the GP interior, especially for its driver-oriented stack.

I even remember the previous gen GP having a very comfortable and spacious rear seat.

The rear seats in pratically every GM car throw you into the middle. They have horribly high angles on the very outside edge that makes you feel like your sitting on 45 degree angle when your in the window seat. Spacious yes, but comfortable, no.

I wish Pontiac would give the option of an all tan or all gray interior with two-tone accents. The black steering wheel and dash look kind of cheap unless it's all black of course. The chrome surrounds added for 06 help make the interior look a little higher class for sure but that darn rear seatback needs way more padding to be taken seriously.

I still like that EXACT interior in the GP a lot more than some other cars, particularly the G6 and the Impala/Monte Carlo.  No, all the parts aren't Lexus quality, but it all felt nice to me whenever I'm at an auto show, and I love the layout of the controls.

Only problem with the GP is the HORRIBLE back seat, but that's the same for the Lacrosse, so I guess it's just a problem with the older W-bodies in general.  But still, I could care less, and would love to have a new white GXP.

Matter of fact, here's a car I'd love to have, just like this, plus Navigation:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i know EXACTLY what you mean. i would LOVE to have that car, in black or white. if i had the cash right now....that would be the one id buy. The hottest car I think pontiac has had in a long time though was the bonneville GXP. I see one around here every once in a while. the cladding they put on that car made that car HOT....too bad it didn't sell. Didn't they put that trim on the SLE the year after they cancelled the GXP....whatever that was a good looking car

Thoughts? Maybe it's just that color combination that I love. I can see this looking awsome in a G6 GTP coupe...

auction of the car[/url]

Two-tones can definitely make a so-so interior look better, IMHO...anything but all light gray (nothing looks cheaper in a GM, IMHO).

I had a white one last year for a few days as a rental, definitely liked some features like the steering wheel and faux aluminum trim..

Two-tones can definitely make a so-so interior look better, IMHO...anything but all light gray (nothing looks cheaper in a GM, IMHO).

I had a white one last year for a few days as a rental, definitely liked some features like the steering wheel and faux aluminum trim..

I agree with you on that light gray interior color, man does that look cheap and boring.

Here's the problem I have with all newer Pontiacs:

Posted Image

All of the newer cars have these damn "sport" seats with the side bolsters. I feel completely uncomfortable with them. My '99 Grand Am GT and the wife's '00 Grand Prix GT sedans didn't have these seats and I loved those two cars. I've always had a thing for new Pontiacs, but because the Grand Prix, G6 & GTO use only these types of seats means I no longer will consider a Pontiac when I'm in the market :(