Help Wanted

Guys:

I am looking for help with some areas of the website.

Some of the jobs available:

Permanent Jobs

Forum Moderating duties - this includes

1. Forum cleanup of your designated forum - i.e. removing threads that are over 90 days old and have 2 or less posts. There is an automatic script that can be run once a month, but it needs to happen per forum.
  2. Maintaining order in the forum, moderating disputes. Sending people to their room with no supper, etc.
  3. Maintaining accurate descriptions on your designated forums.
  4. Spam hunting

Gallery Moderating duties - one position available

1. Cleaning up descriptions of albums
  2. approving picture comments
  3. Making sure pictures are in the right album
  4. closing empty albums
  5. Setting the album cover if not done by the user

Promotion Managers

1. Linking to relevant articles on C&G via other website (digg, rededit, facebook, twitter)
  2. Submitting C&G articles to link directories
  3. At a later date, soliciting for advertising sales on C&G once the software is installed to manage it. - Once this part becomes active this will become a paying position.

Article writers - this will become a paid position depending on how successful it is.

1. Write articles from a list of topics approved by me. List will generally include writing about new vehicle launches, concepts, new technologies. Plus some editorial articles as assigned.
  2. Come up with, and manage, top 10 lists, polls, etc, to be run weekly
  3. Come up with contests and work with a budget to locate an appropriate prize. - this will be discussed more in depth with the candidates applying.

This is the official thread to apply in. I know people have offered in the past, but it's becoming more and more clear to me that I can't run the site mostly by myself.

Producing original content is what is most important for C&G, and I would like to devote more of my time to that as well as getting more people in on that action. The Auto shows are where this is most important. I'm going to try and assign everyone a brand or two and I want those people to write about whatever news comes out of the auto shows regarding that particular brand.

Promoting that content can be a full time job in of itself, so that's why I made that a separate position.

Croc, I thank you for your application and you're one of the first in line to get forums when they start getting handed out. I just wanted to make the announcement globally rather than respond to just one email.

Further explanation: Not all of the articles will be reviews. Some will be technical articles like my EGR Technology or Z-06's eAssist article. Some will be a framed article like "The case for..... (insert vehicular wish list here".

And I also need someone to do top 10 lists each week and run the polls.

Further explanation: Not all of the articles will be reviews. Some will be technical articles like my EGR Technology or Z-06's eAssist article. Some will be a framed article like "The case for..... (insert vehicular wish list here".

And I also need someone to do top 10 lists each week and run the polls.

Phew, I was worried about that.. Seems interesting

Moderator Job Description:

I will add more to this later on, but here's the basic gist.

-We expect you to come up with the forum description for your forum and keep it up to date as required. You can PM an Admin to have your forum description updated.

- Once per month, run a clean up routine that will purge your forum of old threads with less than 2 replies. Reminders will be sent.

- We expect you to commit to posting 3-4 days a week.

- Keep your forum tidy by merging topics with similar subjects.

- Starting new topics in your forum is strongly encouraged when possible.

- Please only pin topics with original ideas, unless the topic is popular. Unpin the topic when it's relevance has passed.

- If a post or thread violates any rules, please feel free to delete or move it. You are given permission to do so. It is okay to take action using your best judgment without contacting a co-owner.

- Please contact the member when you delete or alter their post. Some members do get mad if an explanation is not given.

- Please contact the creator of a thread if you decide to move it.

- Don't delete posts. Unapprove posts that don't follow the rules and leave a comment in the moderation system.

- You have the ability to issue account warnings. Please only do so in accordance with C&G rules.

- If you issue any verbal warnings or account warnings, please make sure to explain in the warning system

Promotion Manager Position

1. One person to update Wikipedia with relevant content from Cheers and Gears
  2. One person to update Facebook pages with content from Cheers and Gears
  3. Additional links made on other forums, websites, blogs, etc., can count towards compensation

Only relevant links will count for compensation to prevent random spamming.

Payment will be per link and compensation will increase in amount the more times you make a valid link to the same content.

We still have moderator slots to fill and a lot of need for writers. We have an interesting compensation system set up for the writing positions. You get paid to write about cars... it's the best way to get paid to help your favorite website since XTube!

Drew,

I was once the moderator for GMC, and I'll admit I don't think I did too much. But your duties/responsibilities post seems pretty clear cut, and something I can handle. If you need someone to moderate the GMC Truck section, I'm throwing my hat in for consideration.

By the way, I think this speaks to my credibility for the position:

post-418-0-56360400-1295025082.jpg

:P