Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

2006 Mercedes Benz B-Class

22 posts in this topic

The B-Class Mercedes Benz will be available in North America to begin with, in the Canadian and Mexican markets. It is a 4-door hatchback, 4 cyl, fwd premium compact. The engine comes in two versions, one with 134 hp and a turbo with 190 hp.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Any idea what type of pricing we'd be looking at?

All that I can find is in Canadian dollars. They are anticipating it to be between the low and mid $30,000.00 range.

Meh... all Mercedeses are beginning to look the same, particularly the MPVs and SUVs. How does this compare to the A-class? They look the same to me.

I like the styling of this thing except for the overdone wheel flares (once again), and it'd be perfect for the crowded urban areas.

That bottom one...I did a double take....the rear looks like a Grand Cherokee grafted on....is it based on it?

Happily, the continual eroding of mercedes continues. FWD 4-banger "premium" SUV?? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Nothing premium about that interior.

Wow, the only thing sadder than the product itself is the stupid name. B200 makes me think of this:

Posted Image

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

I think it looks great but is a little too low end for a Mercedes. They should give it to Chrysler and have them sell it for around $25,000.

Wow, the only thing sadder than the product itself is the stupid name. B200 makes me think of this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

[post="8872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Even worse the Datsun B210, just the most homely car ever.

Posted Image

Its really more a premium B-segment MPV-like a more luxurious version of the Opel/Vauxhall Meriva-so, a tall 5-door crossover hatchback-wagon-MPV. Looks okay, but this is a booming segment guys...

The rare time I call a car ugly (because it's too tall)....on top of that, it's simply inappropriate for the Mercedes badge. It should be a Smart.

Meh... all Mercedeses are beginning to look the same, particularly the MPVs and SUVs. How does this compare to the A-class? They look the same to me.

[post="8745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Bigger...this fits between the A and C (hence the B name).... A comes before B, B comes before C, etc...

One final thought: :puke:

Offer it here with a diesel and a manual and it would make a great commuter car... or a family car for small, upscale families... potential similar market to the Volvo V40, Audi A3 and BMW 1-series... Edited by moltar

Bigger...this fits between the A and C (hence the B name).... A comes before B, B comes before C, etc...

Since we're all on Sesame Street here, when can we expect a D, E & F to bridge the gap between the C and the G-wagon?

Since we're all on Sesame Street here, when can we expect a D, E & F to bridge the gap between the C and the G-wagon?

Well, they already have the E-class... then the S-class. (of course the coupes, sports cars and SUVs are on their own naming schemes (CLK, CLS, CL; SLK, SL; MLK, ML)

Well, they already have the E-class... then the S-class. (of course the coupes, sports cars and SUVs are on their own naming schemes (CLK, CLS, CL; SLK, SL; MLK, ML)

Hooboy- mercedes board meetings must be great fun, what with all the employees constantly questioning each other about what alpha-numeric is which car. Hope they have a huge labeled wall of their product line in the conference room.
Easily the most horrible family of names going. WHat the hell is this new Milk truck? Edited by balthazar

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0