Buick Sales! WooHoo!!!

buickguy

That's depressing... it's just further reason that the LaCrosse needs a decent refresh sooner rather than later. The aesthetic changes they add for the Super should be part of the base and other trims... the only things that should be different should be options, engines, suspsensions, etc.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the word on quality at Buick is getting out.

Or maybe most of the sales are fleet.  I hope not.

I hope that's the case--people still occassionally say in front of me that Buicks quality is far inferior to its Japanese rivals. I think have to open up a can of whoopass! :P

I think it is the higher quality rankings plus the better 4/50 warrenty also. The Lucerne is doing well and Buick did give the Terrazza an optional 3900 and side airbags and the Rendezvous a better std engine. The Ranier's success must be rubbing off from the greater success of the Trailblazer. Now lets see a nice refresh for the 07 LaCrosse with a std 3900, more 3.6 power, a bolder front end and more distinguished tail end treatment and better fake woodgrain. Would be really nice to see all the Buick sales up next year.

Well I guess the Terazza's getting better...kind of has the importance/value of Mr. Clean's hairstylist if you get what I mean. Even though the 3900 V-6 becomes standard on all GM minivans for 2007, the van still sucks-but people are buying them...now about assasinating the Saturn Relay...keep the name, but put it on that upcoming Opel/Vauxhall Galaxy rival and send it here. Surprisingly, I see a lot of Rainier's around too, and the Rendezvous has always been quite popular.

Man I don't get why everyone is all for pumping their crap into oversaturating the market.

yeah yeah, I mean, hooray GM, you sold some cars. Why would you want something that everyone else has?

Like, I would really like to see the Camry just drop off the face of the earth, and then people would see one and be like "whoa! A Camry! Sheesh those are so trippin cool. I wish I had one of those."

But there are so many of them that they practically suck. My boyfriend loves his but doesn't give a crap about it because every morning he backs it into that dirt wall behind our driveway.

Do you think he would do that if there were only 1000 Camry's around?

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a lot to be said about individuality.

It's so cool to have a car that people turn around to look at. Like, honestly, there's really nothing all THAT fantastic about the del Sol's design, but how many do you see in a week? Like....umm....mine. That's about it.

I used to drive a champagne colored Camry and I would walk out into the parking lot and have to figure out which champange colored Camry was mine. (don't even get me started on the LE thing)

But with a del Sol, there were only 74k sold in the US from 93-97. So it's rare. (please take into account how many rice-boys totaled theirs from then to now)

Wouldn't you like to have a rare car too?

Personally I think that's a lot cooler than flooding the streets with the same kind of car.

If they started finding del Sols in some huge warehouse and putting them on the road again, I'd probably back mine into that dirt wall every day too.

:yes:

ps- please learn to take a joke.

Why would you want something that everyone else has?

Honestly there is something I agree with there. I enjoy driving my Regal because I know that it really is a different car to notice on the road. It is unique enough that it isn't something most people will see twice in a day, especially a Regal with a spoiler and the chrome rims which look miles better than the Regals with the hubcaps and no spoiler that resemble the Century all too well.

But Buick is on the balancing beam of being a large enough company to be selling in high volume so celebration for more Buick's out there is totally necessary. I honestly can look at my car and feel I got something unique which is a big deal to me. I felt the same with my 2 door '97 Skylark which was just one of 4,000 which compared to the Skylark sedan (yuck!) was 53,000.

Uniqueness in a vehicle is something I definitely look for when I buy. But I don't think we need to be concerned about Buick getting as popular as the Camry anytime soon.

The farther back in time you go model year-wise, the rarer you can get. There were only approximately 55K of my '40 Ford COE built in the 7 model years of it's generation ('38-42, '46-47). That's only 7K per year, but there has to be less than 1% left. I've only seen 1 other in person in the 10 years or so I've been a fan.

The farther back in time you go model year-wise, the rarer you can get. There were only approximately 55K of my '40 Ford COE built in the 7 model years of it's generation ('38-42, '46-47). That's only 7K per year, but there has to be less than 1% left. I've only seen 1 other in person in the 10 years or so I've been a fan.

lol, well of course old cars like that are rare. Everyone likes those.