momentary diversion

recession. job loss. industry not recovering.

new profession. sell cars.

been employed selling cars for a week now. Suzuki dealer. Will be a tough road, but let me tell you, the Kizashi is the real deal, the SX4 has a definite niche.

Hoping this pans out, at least for while.

Any of you in this neck of the woods coming to the auto show let me know. Will be working the Suzuki stage!

Cruze, etc. has nothing on this. AWD / dual auto climate control / keyless start / euro inspired suspension.....21k OTD..............

"something great is coming"...........need i mention 7 years! 100k! POWERTRAIN warrranty......no deductible.............transferrable............

seriously, if you can get out in a Kizashi....the value is insane..............

I was under the impression that Subaru's were less crappy than Suzuki's.

:word: although its like saying which STD is less crappy to have.

To be fair the Kizashi is a pretty good car....but that's really it. The SX4 has AWD but its outclassed by most of its rivals. The Grand Vitara...do they even sell those anymore? Then there's that Frontier rebadge. Do they have anything else?

But hey, congrats on the job, hope it works for you.

The Equator is a nice mid size truck option. Please note that there are few mid size trucks left.

the SX4 is the lowest priced AWD car in the the US. The niche it serves.......affordable AWD with good mpg. Sporty handling and drive for the price. 7/100k powertrain with no deductible and fully transferrable. So far, what I have seen is that a lot of boomers and such are looking for precisely that as a second car.

The other neat thing about the SX4 is the 3 mode all wheel drive, to be able to lock it front to rear for tough situations.

But really the kizashi is what I am excited about. We have a Kizashi S on our lot (several actually) with dual temp control and all wheel drive and keyless start for 21k with rebates. I had a very established older gentleman on a test drive the other night with one and he had been looking at the Legacy as well as a BMW and such and he enjoyed his drive a lot. He was very satisfied with how tight the car was with the price savings over the luxury marques he was used to driving. I think with the big no deductible transferrable powerrtrain warranty and some auto show cash I convince him not to get that Legacy....... ;)

Side note. The Grand Vitara doesn't get much press but we have a GV with full time 4 mode hard dutyAWD in limited trim with leather sunroof, etc. for almost 23k. I had one guy looking at CRv's in the showroom this afternoon and I was explaining to him that the GV even though it is less expensive has all sort of advantages over the CRV for less money for certain folks. 23 and chance for leather, sunroof, and off road 4wd? With 100l powtrain coverage?

At least for now I am riding the wave. I know the product isn't for everyone. But the potential is there is sneak up on some folks that are not badge snobs.....and really give them a good solid vehicle with lots of value at a price that is not.......40k.

darn tempted to maybe wrangle one of those kizashis's myself.....

Edited by regfootball

To be fair the Kizashi is a pretty good car....but that's really it. The SX4 has AWD but its outclassed by most of its rivals. The Grand Vitara...do they even sell those anymore? Then there's that Frontier rebadge. Do they have anything else?

thanks. believe me, I understand the skepticism. But for example,,,,,the one guy I had today who had been looking at CRV........If i can put him in a GV with hard duty 4wd, nav with Garmin features, leather, sunroof, and ladder frame SUV for almost 23k with 100k powertrain.....at 0%..........why does he choose Honda?

Drew of course knows how awesome a CRV is.....

Edited by regfootball

"kiss" enjoy your mini, sucka ! let me know when you need to bust that mini out of a mud bog........assuming it holds up that long...... ;)

Never seen a Suzuki I'd spend more than $500 on. Best of luck

satty the optimist. that Kizashi is a far better use of your money than some mini sort of thing ;)

at a minimum......21k for euro tuned ride, AWD, dual temp, sport seats, is a far better buy than say.......CHEVY CRUZE (ducks)

and minis with their 'bulletproof' cvt's.........

SOMETHING GREAT IS COMING

Satty would be great in the fire protection business because he he is nothing but a wet blanket........ ;)

you, sir = badge snob.

badge snobs get ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by regfootball

Because I prefer to buy from a brand that will be around when the warranty ends?

Oh, and the Coop is a stick. On its second clutch, but a stick...

suz.......been in biz since early 1900's..........MINI has been in US since when?

second clutch? are they building crap (rhetorical question)? would be nice to nice have that covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SX4 has more go juice than that slightly effeminate MINI (yeah, just what are you anyways)!!!!!!!!!!! who wears the pants!!!!!!!!!

did that VW break down yet? how is that 4.30 diesel treatin ya!!!!!!!!! bet ya'd like a warranty!

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

who gets the last laugh!

one buyer drove off with a new AWD Kiz for 20 and change the other night. he came back to buy roof racks two days later.........roof rack is built in! would that get you into a FWD Cruze? Dude shopping BMW's was like......'i am not interested in spending 15k extra'.......... new times folks don't want to blow cash on carz

not sure how a 20k cruze can be justified......

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Congrats on the job reg. It's nice to sell a brand that you believe in. I actually like Suzukis, particularly the SX4. The couple of things I'd worry about are resale value and whether Suzuki will still be around here in ten years.

been employed selling cars for a week now. Suzuki dealer. Will be a tough road, but let me tell you, the Kizashi is the real deal, the SX4 has a definite niche.

Any of you in this neck of the woods coming to the auto show let me know. Will be working the Suzuki stage!

Cruze, etc. has nothing on this. AWD / dual auto climate control / keyless start / euro inspired suspension.....21k OTD..............

"something great is coming"...........need i mention 7 years! 100k! POWERTRAIN warrranty......no deductible.............transferrable............

Hm, a couple of months, and it's down to $16,500: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Suzuki-Kizashi-SE-AWD-/220747059554?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item33658cd162

I'm laughin'. Congrats, reg. And this is the perfect time to tell you guys... our dealer principals have already had several meetings with Suzuki reps in an effort to sign on to sell them at our place. Two other well-established local dealers tried (one dealer sold them for more than a decade, sold the franchise to another dealer who sold them for about a year, quite the flash in the pan.) The SX4 and Kizashi are decent products. The Equator is also good, but not a Suzuki. Saw a Kizashi traded in at the local VW dealer yesterday when I was trolling, looking for a 2.slow Jetta.

The Kizashi is a very nice car, definitely nicer than a Cruze (I would also take over a Malibu) but then again it wasn't meant to sell at Cruze prices. The SX4 is solid but underwhelming and I wouldn't purchase unless it was priced an Accent etc.

thanks. believe me, I understand the skepticism. But for example,,,,,the one guy I had today who had been looking at CRV........If i can put him in a GV with hard duty 4wd, nav with Garmin features, leather, sunroof, and ladder frame SUV for almost 23k with 100k powertrain.....at 0%..........why does he choose Honda?

Drew of course knows how awesome a CRV is.....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ huh...? did someone mention me? ..... sorry, I was in the CR-V.

Hm, a couple of months, and it's down to $16,500: http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item33658cd162

lost value? well son, you can prob buy a new malibu for that these days..........and its worth like what, 12 after a year?

if chrysler were smart they would dump the avenger twins and throw their badges on this car.

Edited by regfootball
  • Disagree 2

Congrats on the job reg. It's nice to sell a brand that you believe in. I actually like Suzukis, particularly the SX4. The couple of things I'd worry about are resale value and whether Suzuki will still be around here in ten years.

truth is it has to survive on mostly used sales. essentially the franch has an older facility that prob was underutilized selling used only.....i am sure they need to hang on to the facility and just find a way to generate some income off of it.

so its not so much believing in product as its 5 min. from my house although the products are good.

ultimately, its a trial thing for me, and if it carries me a month or two till things come back around after waiting too long already.....well, its a day to day thing.

I'm laughin'. Congrats, reg. And this is the perfect time to tell you guys... our dealer principals have already had several meetings with Suzuki reps in an effort to sign on to sell them at our place. Two other well-established local dealers tried (one dealer sold them for more than a decade, sold the franchise to another dealer who sold them for about a year, quite the flash in the pan.) The SX4 and Kizashi are decent products. The Equator is also good, but not a Suzuki. Saw a Kizashi traded in at the local VW dealer yesterday when I was trolling, looking for a 2.slow Jetta.

it's an is what it is kind of thing. having the equator is probably a nice addition as there are very few mid size trucks.

i think really what would benefit this brand the most right now would be a Kiz based crossover added to the lineup, and a new generation of the SX4 that loses the funky front glass. I think if they brought the Swift over it would help too. The Grand Vitara is actually a nice rig......true 4wd system....it could use new styling and an updated powertrain. That might be just enough to kickstart the brand again.

I wonder how that VW / Suz tie is going to work. It does not seem as though they would be compatible bed partners.

Now a Kizashi with a Chrysler badge on the hood is not an unusual notion....to me at least.

I would think leasing these things out would be the best way to jump start the brand again.

Edited by regfootball

The problem Suzuki has is that people over 30 hear the name and think "rollover" while people under 30 hear it and think either "motorcycle" or "who?" Add that to the fact that they don't advertise and you have a recipe for going the way of Isuzu.

How is the build quality on the Kizashi? They seem very well put together on the show floor, but that isn't always the best place to judge something like that because they could have been gone over.

The XL7's interior looks great in photographs but then the build quality has been horrid in person the few times I've been in one.

Yeah, I don't understand why they have yet to bring the Swift over. Its supposed to be a very good car.

2012-2013 model is supposed to be here. The current car is not designed for US safety standards.