Sister is getting new GMC Terrain SLT 1

Can't wait to see the pics and more 'deets' :smilewide:

I wonder just how many Terrains are sold in black? A good majority of dealer inventories I've seen contain black Terrains, and many of the advertisements (printed, TV, Internet) contain black Terrains. My favorite color is the dark red :)

Would love to have a fully loaded Black Ice Paint job on a GMC Terrain with AWD and a Dual Turbo Charged V6. I think this would make a killer update to the GMC Typhoon of past! :D:metal:

Cheers!

They look killer in black, which is easy to see why it's so popular. A month in and mom hasn't said much about her new 2011 SLT-1 AWD V6, but is enjoying it. Coming from a 3.6L Camaro, I knew power was #1, and it was 3.0L or nothing for her. "So smooth and quiet."

I've only had 1 up close check of it, but WOW to the design, interior especially, materials, seating, and electronics. Sister will love it :yes:

Edited by caddycruiser

Those Terrains are so cool. My aunt wants one, but my cousin/her daughter is trying to talk her into a new Compass or Patriot. Bleh on the Compass!

Why in god's name would they even consider telling her to get an inferior vehicle??

Some people actually like Jeeps. Go figure.

Those Terrains are so cool. My aunt wants one, but my cousin/her daughter is trying to talk her into a new Compass or Patriot. Bleh on the Compass!

Why in god's name would they even consider telling her to get an inferior vehicle??

Some people actually like Jeeps. Go figure.

Compass is a POS. Used to drive one often at my old job and a FWD Jeep isn't a real Jeep.

Just my two cents.

Well, this is my cousin who was about to replace her '02 Liberty with a CR-V when I talked her out of it and into another Liberty... so yes, she is a Jeep person. She thinks the Terrain is "too big" for her mother, hence the Compass idear. My aunt is currently driving a '97 S-10 Blazer she's had since new. Cousin's thinking the Terrain is bigger than the Blazer... I will need to look up dimensions for all three vehicles to confirm.

post-253-0-42810700-1302544374.jpg

post-253-0-59846400-1302544385.jpg

post-253-0-83690600-1302544395.jpg

Congratulations, that is one sweet ride! So much better than a jeep Compass or Liberty. Drove both for the last year in NJ while there on business and it sucked. So far only two jeeps I really like is the Grand Jeep and the Jeep Wrangler. Anything else is just a joke.

Back to your Sisters Pride and Joy! Very Nice Very Nice!!!

I got to drive it to Autozone yesterday. She was wearing "body makeup" and it transferred to the seat. We had to buy some leather cleaner.

What do you think of the acceleration now that you have driven it? Could it use a perky Turbo charged version? How about a twin Turbo version and call it Typhoon II?

I thought it was just fine. I mean it isn't a Camaro SS, but compared to the Malibu 4 I have driven in the past, it seemed comparable to that, only the Terrain is heavier. Fresno is flat however. My sister seems to be happy with the amount of power in it. She is certainly more concerned with the lack of chrome door handles and a chrome grill. I tried to remind her that she can't see those things from inside the cabin.

Interior is impeccable. The Pioneer sound system is great, and the backup camera is extremely useful, just like ones I have used before in buses.

Well, this is my cousin who was about to replace her '02 Liberty with a CR-V when I talked her out of it and into another Liberty... so yes, she is a Jeep person. She thinks the Terrain is "too big" for her mother, hence the Compass idear. My aunt is currently driving a '97 S-10 Blazer she's had since new. Cousin's thinking the Terrain is bigger than the Blazer... I will need to look up dimensions for all three vehicles to confirm.

grand vitara! carry on........

post-253-0-42810700-1302544374.jpg

post-253-0-59846400-1302544385.jpg

post-253-0-83690600-1302544395.jpg

quite stunning, congrats to her on the new Terrain, that is really sharp.

Looks fantastic!

Aside from looking around it, hoping I finally get a chance to ride in mom's come Easter time.

Just like when the TB/Envoy came out, I didn't like the Envoy at first...and now greatly prefer the GMC version looks. Same case here.

She is certainly more concerned with the lack of chrome door handles and a chrome grill. I tried to remind her that she can't see those things from inside the cabin.

GMC Accessories sells these parts through the dealership. Only the SLT-2 comes with the chrome package standard, but many owners want those items for their non SLT-2 Terrains that GMC came out with a chrome package option. If she really wants those items (chrome grille insert, chrome door handles, chrome mirror caps), they are available through the GMC parts/service department :AH-HA:

I've logged about 1500 miles on my 2011 Terrain SLT2 3.0 and it is the most comfortable and ergonomic GM vehicle I have ever owned.

Went to Atlantic City this week and pulled about 26mpg average on the trip - not too bad in a CUV.

the only small complaint is that I would like to have the 3.6 in it. I think a lot of my struggle is getting used to the 6 speed - in the 4 speeds you were never far from the power band - you have to cruise a little different with this. Just something I am getting used to - but I could always use more power.

I wanted the SLT2 because I love the chrome grille and different back bumper - makes it stand out more from the other Terrains that are roaming central NJ.

Wish your sister good luck with it. I see she got the nav - that's the one thing I did not opt for. I'd rather have the 3.0 instead of the nav, but I'm sure it's nice.