2013 Chevrolet Colorado Spied!

2013 Chevrolet Colorado Spied!

Chevrolet-Colorado-1.jpg

August 27, 2011

Cory Wolfe - CheersandGears.com

Over in Thailand, a Colorado enthusiast discovered a completely undisguised 2013 Chevrolet Colorado sitting in a parking lot. What you see is spec'd for various Asian markets, but is the first look at a production ready variant of the concept shown earlier this year. For the most part, the design remains in tact, save for a slightly toned down look, as expected. More photos below, original photos by following the link below.

Source: BBZnet Forums

2011-08-21%25252018.04.30.jpg

2011-08-21%25252018.06.19.jpg

new%252520colorado%2525202.jpg

It will be here when they figure out how to put the steering wheel on the other side. LOL!

I would watch as I have yet to see a left hand drive yet. Once we see that I would expect to see one here in a year to year and a half later. That at least is my guess.

Anyone remember the ones testing here in camo. Were they left or right hand drive?

Edited by hyperv6

looks tons better than the old model. are they planning on selling it the USA?

A U.S. spec model will start production in Wentzville, MO in late 2013/early 2014.

Two years from now? How about six months from now instead? Why is GM sitting on this for it to be sold here?

• Agree 1

A U.S. spec model will start production in Wentzville, MO in late 2013/early 2014.

Two years from now? How about six months from now instead? Why is GM sitting on this for it to be sold here?

Probably not a top priority right now...plus, with Ford and Ram dropping their smaller trucks, the market seems to be shrinking...

I don't know, but that's the current plan. Plans can change.

I imagine they will need to reengineer some of the truck to be able to certify it for the U.S.

Looks promising, however I'm getting a Toyota-vibe from the rear taillight design (a'la Tundra?). Can't wait to see a GMC Canyon version :smilewide:

it screams tacoma from the side to me... my buddy at work has a double cab speedway blue one and the silhoutte seems uncanny...

would be nice if they came up with a two door Blazer from this model.

You'll probably have to settle for four doors:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/11q3/2013_chevrolet_colorado_suv_spy_photos-future_cars

(Though, right now, it seems very unlikely the SUV will be sold here at all)

i think when it comes time to off my 04 colorado i'd be more in the market for that...

It will be here when they figure out how to put the steering wheel on the other side. LOL!

I would watch as I have yet to see a left hand drive yet. Once we see that I would expect to see one here in a year to year and a half later. That at least is my guess.

Anyone remember the ones testing here in camo. Were they left or right hand drive?

chevrolet_colorado_concept_204_cd_gallery.jpg

This is the South American version (crew cab), the one shown in Argentina.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74
  • Agree 1