Lucerne DUB Edition

wildcat

Wow! Wait'll you see this: a pimped out Buick Lucerne DUB Edition, as reported by edmunds.com.

The vehicle will be shown in 16 major U.S. markets this year.

Personally I like the exterior with the 22-inch chrome rims and other effects; I don't need a TV screen or DVD inside, though.

What do you think?

Rims are too much for me.. but I do like the taillights covers (or maybe just spray tint, not sure). Any pics of the front?

Edited by Decka

It's not enough in some areas and way too much in others. The rim size is fine, the style is too much. The interior needs more tweaking on the dash, and the monitor screen needs to be integrated better somehow. Screw the wood, throw in maybe some realistic carbon fiber or aluminum treatment or maybe a rare/exotic type of wood (that is REAL, or real-looking).

LOVE the suede in the seats though!

Edmunds ALMOST went the full article without throwing a low blow in there, but they had to get the last word in.

Don't forget the title of the article... :rolleyes:

It doesn't look bad, but they really didn't change much.

Either they ran out of ideas or it already looked more "youthful" than Edmunds wants to admit.

Don't forget the title of the article...  :rolleyes:

It doesn't look bad, but they really didn't change much.

Either they ran out of ideas or it already looked more "youthful" than Edmunds wants to admit.

The title of the article had me laughing..'Geriatric Gansta'..I wonder if real ganstas (Mafiosos) would drive this?

Again, LOVE the suede inserts--love that they're in the center of the seats, on the arm rest, and even have a little strip on the sides of the console. HATE that dvd screen sticking out... looks absurd--and blocks the air vents?!

Again, LOVE the suede inserts--love that they're in the center of the seats, on the arm rest, and even have a little strip on the sides of the console.  HATE that dvd screen sticking out... looks absurd--and blocks the air vents?!

An aftermarket DVD player can only come that way. You know it doesn't have to stay open all the time and you can close it and it folds in the the dash once you're all set with it, right?

It only stays sticking out for as long as you want it to be so it really isn't that inconvenient. Obviously one built in to the dash would be nicer but unless you can figure out a way to reconstruct the dash getting that multimedia option is the only way.

My brother has one in his Park Avenue and it definitely looks really cool to see a TV screen come folding up and out of the dash and it's never been inconvenient for him either.

It looks good...those big wheels look good on a big car.

Now that they have the DUB edition for the youth, how about an edition for the older Buick buyers--wire wheels on white wall tires, padded top, tufted red cloth loose-pillow style interior, AM radio, etc :)

An aftermarket DVD player can only come that way. You know it doesn't have to stay open all the time and you can close it and it folds in the the dash once you're all set with it, right?

It only stays sticking out for as long as you want it to be so it really isn't that inconvenient. Obviously one built in to the dash would be nicer but unless you can figure out a way to reconstruct the dash getting that multimedia option is the only way.

My brother has one in his Park Avenue and it definitely looks really cool to see a TV screen come folding up and out of the dash and it's never been inconvenient for him either.

If you look at the image, it looks like the entire radio is removed, and there's an aftermarket radio with LCD screen... and the screen looks like it'd fit in the opening--so, my guess is they could put the screen on hinges maybe and allow access to the buttons via remote or behind the screen if you need them. I think it'd just look nicer to have the screen integrated into the center console. If I was going to pimp out my car, I'd go the extra legnth to make it look as hot as possible :AH-HA_wink:

That has to be interesting...well...here's a start of making a successful, new, "icy" car and division into one with street cred, sons.