Fisker Karma Gets The EPA Certification

William Maley

Fisker Karma Gets The EPA Certification

William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

October 19, 2011

post-10485-0-35935200-1319046165.png

2011 hasn't been an easy year for Fisker. The company has had to push back the delivery date of their Karma sedan from May to November due to a number of delays with production and certifications.

Now, the company has gotten certification from the EPA that shows the Karma complies with emissions standards and fuel economy ratings. That mean Fisker can begin delivering vehicles to their dealers.

The EPA gave the Fisker Karma an EPA rating of 52 MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent,)an all-electric range of 32 miles and 20 miles per gallon on gasoline when the battery runs dry. That's a large drop from the 67.2 MPGe and an all-electric range of 50 miles Fisker was saying early on.

Now before you start saying the Karma is a failure with the ratings, remember what the Karma's competition is; cars like the Mercedes-Benz CLS550, Audi A7, etc. Owners of these vehicles would be impressed with 20 MPG.

With the EPA certification in hand, Fisker can now begin delivering vehicles. The first batch of 39 Karma sedans will be demonstration models for dealers.

Source: Green Car News

hahahahahahahaha... sooo worth it. NOT.

Really? Could have sworn you loved this thing.

Maybe until there was a meeting at C&G that decided anything with a Hybrid technology, battery assistance, taller gearing, or a green badge was deemed to be a terrible, inferior product.

I missed it too.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

hahahahahahahaha... sooo worth it. NOT.

Really? Could have sworn you loved this thing.

Maybe until there was a meeting at C&G that decided anything with a Hybrid technology, battery assistance, taller gearing, or a green badge was deemed to be a terrible, inferior product.

I missed it too.

No, no, I swear I remember OB saying this is his new dream car and that he wants to sell his house in order to buy one and live in it.

I enjoy reading any thread about the Karma because there will be pictures and my god its a pretty car.

It's a stunning car in person and very comfortable inside, albeit cozy. 52 MPGe is still better than a Prius, and most people don't drive more than 32 miles per day. The LNF is the biggest shortcoming of the Karma, in terms of both NVH and efficiency. The next generation of Fiskers with BMW engines should do better.