Are You The Final Toyota FT-86? Maybe

William Maley

Are You The Final Toyota FT-86? Maybe

William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

October 27, 2011

post-10485-0-11473000-1319729398.png

Today, pictures of what could be a final version of the Toyota FT-86 were released. The pictures are from a leaked Modellista brochure, which is a in-house tuning arm of Toyota. The car shown looks very close to first FT-86 concept with some added bits from Modellista, including an aero kit and several other accessories. Also, the picture of interior closely matches spy shots of camouflaged FT-86s.

We'll find out if this is production version of the FT-86 next month at the Tokyo Motor Show.

Source: 7Tune, FT86 Club

As I said in the other thread.... why aren't they calling this Supra?

Because it doesn't make sense for Toyota. If they called this Celica of the FT-86, then I would be ok.

Besides, Supra will probably used for another car. http://www.cheersandgears.com/topic/77039-rumorpile-how-toyota-got-it-sportyness-back/

Boy do I find this auto UGLY!!! I do not see what the public finds so great about this auto. I would take the current skyline over this car and I am not really thrild with the current skyline. I think the R35 skyline was the last great design for that auto and this really should be a Supra as it looks like one regardless of what is said on other threads.

Has a hint of Z-car. After all the fits and starts with this car, does anyone care anymore? Subaru has handled the lead-up much better, IMO, as we haven't already seen like a dozen different versions of their car. It will be fresh when it is finally revealed.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call this a final representation of the finished product. You can spot all of the Modellista sourced garbage such as the front and rear fascias and lower body extentions in that photo. Strip that away and there's a car there that slightly recalls the old Supras and Celicas of yore.

I honestly hope Toyota renames it when it comes to American shores. This is a Celica, no question about it.

... Wow. I actually sort of almost kinda care about a Toyota. :/

Well, I wouldn't exactly call this a final representation of the finished product. You can spot all of the Modellista sourced garbage such as the front and rear fascias and lower body extentions in that photo. Strip that away and there's a car there that slightly recalls the old Supras and Celicas of yore.

I honestly hope Toyota renames it when it comes to American shores. This is a Celica, no question about it.

I think it's coming to the US as a Scion.

Yes, the Toyota FT-86 will be coming to our shores as the Scion FR-S

Yes, the Toyota FT-86 will be coming to our shores as the Scion FR-S

FR-S? What's that mean in English? FRieS? FuRS? FuckeRS?

If there's one company that should be banned from conjuring up alpha-numeric style names it's Toyota. You'd think they'd stop with TRD ...

Edited by black-knight

Unfortunately, some of us haven't engaged in any front OR rear sports in a good while.

That certainly isn't the fault of Toyota...

There is certainly some Modellista aerodynamic kit option going in the car, but the car looks better than the Genesis.

So does Rosanne Bar in a shower...your point is?

In all seriousness, both the Genesis Coupe and FR-S are not bad looking cars...

But I find other small cars on the market more attractive...GTI FTW!