Even More FT-86 Items: Leaked Spec Sheet

William Maley

Even More FT-86 News: Leaked Spec Sheet

William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

October 31, 2011

post-10485-0-53785300-1320083722.png

Related: Are You The Final Toyota FT-86? Maybe

We're beginning to get a better picture of what the Toyota FT-86 (Scion FR-S for the US) will bring us once production begins. Some scans of what is purported to be the FT-86's training manual has been put on the FT86Club.com forum.

If the translations are done correctly, the FT-86 will have a 2.0L flat-four producing 197 horsepower at 7,000 rpm and 150 pound-feet of torque at 6,600 rpm. That might not sound like a lot, but if early reports of the handling come true, the engine should be able to handle to the 2,667 lbs for the base model and 2,712 lbs for a fully loaded model.

A six speed manual and automatic transmission will be available and and stock tire sizes will be 205/55s on 16-inch wheels for the base model, upgraded to 215/45s on 17-inch wheels for the higher-spec version.

Source: FT86Club.com

I'm gonna give this thing a far shake, but methinks Toyota cheapness and a lack of attention to detail will kind of kill it for me...

Not sure I like the final version of the styling either...they made it too bulky and odd at the last minute IMHO>

looks alright, hopefully the folks bitching for a light rwd coupe will be quiet now. 2700 lbs and rear drive. here it is.

my guess being toyota the interior will be bizarre and cheap. but really, this kinda seems like a new age nissan 240sx or something.

much nicer to look at than that Genesis coupe. too bad its a flat four.

Edited by regfootball

looks alright, hopefully the folks bitching for a light rwd coupe will be quiet now. 2700 lbs and rear drive. here it is.

Yeah, too bad its not domestic or GM. The folks here are bitching about a GM RWD coupe, small, medium or large, at something less than 30K that is more practical than the Camaro.

Only good thing is that since GM now blindly follows Toyota's lead, this move might force them to develop light RWD coupe. I doubt it, though.

too bad its a flat four.

Whats wrong with the flat four now? Lower center of gravity. Porsche guys love boxers.

I can't believe after all the fast and furious Subarus to come out, that the flat four is suddenly a liability.

not a subaru boxer fan at all. Never like the sound, don't like how growly they are. not liking the engines compared to a nice in line.....

the lower CofG is a nice idea. if a boxer was really the best way, everyone would make it that way.

Yeah, too bad its not domestic or GM. The folks here are bitching about a GM RWD coupe, small, medium or large, at something less than 30K that is more practical than the Camaro.

Only good thing is that since GM now blindly follows Toyota's lead, this move might force them to develop light RWD coupe. I doubt it, though.

too bad its a flat four.

Whats wrong with the flat four now? Lower center of gravity. Porsche guys love boxers.

I can't believe after all the fast and furious Subarus to come out, that the flat four is suddenly a liability.

fortunately we are in a new era where GM understands they don't have to build something for every stinking niche.

if GM built a competitor to this, then we would probably not enough to go around to make Camaros.

The more I look at these photos, the more I think Toyota of all people may have an unexpected surprise hit on their hands. This is the type of car i would expect more out of Nissan. Except Nissan is stinking up the joint with all its turds. Honda is the supreme turd pincher these days. Honda fans can only wish that the big H put out something slightly entertaining these days.

Edited by regfootball

Garden varied of sube are uber-boring.

If a subie can't be driven 70 miles per hour sideways in a rallycross...or 110 miles an hour down a gravel road sideways during a rally...it ain't very interesting to me.

• Agree 1

I drove a 383 Chrysler 90 miles an hour down a gravel road sideways once (intentionally). Now we're talkin' white-knuckled fun!

Like I said in another thread...sometimes you and I think way too much alike....

• 3 weeks later...