Cheers or Jeers: Custom 1990 Chrysler LeBaron

7 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A custom car that can be purchased at a significantly lower price than trying to build one yourself.
    • Jeers! If I wanted to drive something ridiculous and tacky, I could do so for much less than $8,000.

Cheers or Jeers: Custom 1990 Chrysler LeBaron

If you have been looking for a head-turning advertising vehicle, parade car, custom collectible, or just a conversation piece for the auto shows, your search is over.

Northshoreautos in Sunny Fort Lauderdale, is proud to offer this Custom 1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible for auction.

We'll breeze right past the obvious "one-of-a-kind", "you'll never see another one like it" statements. What really stands our about the car is the way it, well...the way it stands out. We're not sure if its the uniqueness of the car that draws smiles, or just its brashness. This car announces its arrival with a bright red paint scheme highlighted with chrome moldings and wheels. Talk about turning heads - people were actually taking picures of us taking pictures of the car.

The back end of the car is completely custom and evokes the spirit of a 1957 Chrysler - complete with tail fins and highlighted with a Continental wheel kit. The capped side pipes, chrome exhaust pipes, custom painted pin striping and assortment of chrome accent moldings drive the car into Street Rod territory.

Inside the car, custom touches include custom cloth seats with piping. The Convertible top is not the stock 1990 Lebaron top, and It is manually operated. There is a boot to cover the top when its down.

This is all built on a 1990 LeBaron with 3.0 liter V6 that runs fantastic - probably as good as it did when new. The car has power windows, locks and mirrors and cold A/C. Other stock features include a tilt wheel, cruise control and a trip computer. The radio plays and power antenna works, but the CD player did not read our test disc.

A receipt with th car says that the modifications were done back in 1996. The document was with the car when we acquired it. While the line items seem to be accurate, we can't vouch for the authenticity of the invoice.

The car is in vey nice shape. The paint shines brightly all around. Being an older restoration, there are a few very minor cracks and nicks (near the corners of the tunk), but nothing that stands out and definitely nothing major. The interior is nice with no holes or tears in the seats.

Autocheck shows that this car has had just ONE OWNER, and has spent its life in Florida. It does show a front impact way back in 1994. We're thinking that was before the work was done - we can't find any residual signs of damage.

Please look at all of the many gallery photos included, and feel free to email or call us with any questions or concerns. We are always available to answer your questions. Please check out all of our 100% Positive Feedback, and our other ebay auctions, as well. We are very proud of the way we do business, and you will be too! The over all condition of this Unique customis very, very good for the model year. It looks even better in person than it does in the photos.

Northshoreautos is located in Sunny Fort Lauderdale, just 3 minutes from the Airport, and the World Famous Fort Lauderdale Beach. Fly down, have some fun in the sun and drive this car home. You Deserve it! We can also arrange shipping right to your door if you prefer. Thank you for viewing our auction, and Good Luck, from the entire Staff here at Northshoreautos.

7788273_46.jpg

7788273_4.jpg

7788273_7.jpg

7788273_6.jpg

7788273_24.jpg

7788273_35.jpg

No, good, reliable basic transportation with low miles and easy to maintain command a premium now.

Ok.. help me out with those tail lights. Lincoln Premier?

Classics: '56 Packard.

What a strange way to evoke a '57 Chrysler, by using iconic tails from a completely different car.

The only bits worth saving on it.

I know, right? I had to do a double take because at first that's what I pegged them as- 57 Chrysler lights.

Tasteless.

It's almost like the Rocky Horror picture show or Spinal Tap...so tasteless that its almost cool in a really trailer trashy sort of way...kind of like a well done picture of Elvis on black velvet.

Sort of like I've always wanted to have sex with a really trailer trashish woman....scratch that...maybe I don't want this car after all...

Junk.

But creative warp your mind junk...you gotta give credit to WMJ for finding the stuff...

It almost remind me of a Filipino Jeepney, actually...

Ok.. help me out with those tail lights. Lincoln Premier?

Classics: '56 Packard.

What a strange way to evoke a '57 Chrysler, by using iconic tails from a completely different car.

The only bits worth saving on it.

Actually, a couple of pieces like this could go in a museum of American cars...just to show the depths of depravity of American car culture. This is just creative enough as junk to make it worth saving....just like putting that picture of Elvis in the Louvre next to a piece of real art...for discussion purposes....

Jeepney Image....

Colorful-Filipino-Jeepney-406747.jpg

...and actually...we should do a C and G design challenge to see who can come up with the most interesting take on trashing a 90 LeBaron ragtop. My take...fake copy of a 64 T Bird Roadster...with the headrests...

Dsc03167-vi.jpg

Or perhaps the ultimate automotive abortion...a Chrysler Lebaron cut up and made into a tasteless copy of an SCCA road racer...no windshield, slicks at all four corners....rollcage...numbers on it...

Boig6.jpg