Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

should Suzuki make a metro for chevy again

should Suzuki make a metro for chey again?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. should Suzuki make a metro for chey again?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

personaly i hate the Aveo i liked the metro beter? soi think suzu should bring back the 3 cylinder beast( :P ) and sell it for 7,500 with nothing but a radio Also im trying to figure out how to make a poll

I agree they should import the Swift here (I read in Motor Trend today that wouldn't happen until 2010), but not as a Chevy. The Metro in most memory was a lousy car-it was stylish in the last generation, and I think maybe a sub-Aveo car (but larger than Spark-though that could fit too) could do well-I'm not talking like 400,000 or even 100,000, but more like 50,000 or less production wise.

i test drove a aveo 5 door the other day and i thought it was slow and looked goofy. I had a 87 sprint Metro that was a 3cylinder 5speed manal it was really quick and fun to drive it was kinda sporty and i got 49 Mpg i wish i had that car but i had to sell it cuz my Girlfreind didnt fell safe in it cuz i drive insanly crazy in it and you could prolly poke your finger through the door. it was one of my more favorite cars i owned/drove. :rolleyes: i miss it I hope the next gen aveo you are talking about is more promising any pics?

They should import the new Swift over here:

[post="9038"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You're kidding, right? This thing is hideous. :puke:

You're kidding, right? This thing is hideous.  :puke:

[post="9390"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i agree it would look better if they brought the passenger compatment to the back of the car

No Metro, please. The Aveo is a fine car for what it is, and it's been prtty successful so far. The next one will be fine...Geo's time has come and gone. On a different note, I really must admit that I like the Aerio a lot after they changed the nose on it and gave it some balls. It's probably the most underrated, most overlooked subcompact out there.

• 2 weeks later...
I always thought the Metro convertible was kind of a fun looking simple car. Good gas mialage too. Well, I changed my mind when my gay neighbors, which had a light blue one whith these 80's looking neon paint spalsh art things on the side, every day in the summer would lay out in the sun with just a swimsuit on, in the car with the top down, all oiled up listening to George Michaels (true story). From that day forward, I figured that I was not the right client for the car. I also thank GM every day for bringing the GTO!

No Metro, please!!! The Aveo is light years ahead of the noisy, thrashy and under powered Metro. I will grant that the Suzuki engine did have a solid reputation for longevity, but the car was a joke. Those who don't like the Aveo aren't giving it a fair chance. 107 lb ft of torque. Fully independent suspension. Lots of sound deadening under the hood. With the 5 spd, they are actually fun to drive and decent on gas. I admit the automatic is awful and much worse on gas in real world conditions. GM should divorce itself from Suzuki. It only cheapens Chevrolet to find the same car on Suzuki's lot (Swift +, Verona). A beefed up version of the Aveo 5 would be welcome. We've sold a few with a cool looking ground effects package with front scoops, etc. Would be nice to back it up with a supercharger or something. I know GM-DAT has legal entanglements with Suzuki. It would be nice for GM to take over. THese cars sell well in south Asia and India, whose markets are growing fast. Americans better get used to these cars. At $4 a gallon, they start to look real good.