Cheers or Jeers: 35,000 mile 1983 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency

9 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A fine car that's in fine shape!
    • Jeers! That interior color is nasty!

1983 OLDS 98 REGANCE BROUGHAM JUST 35734 MILES ABSOLUTLY MINT.

This is the year for the olds 98 regancy on such a grand scale,and this car is buy far being very special to me being it's one of the best 98's ive ever owned and driven. Totally original with just 35k miles. Highly optioned with the wire wheel covers, 305 in. engine, color keyed coach style vinyl roof, color keyed premium body side moldings, twin comfort velour color cloth lounge seat, tilt wheel, cruise control, remote right hand mirror, intermittent windshield wipers, headlamp convenience group, and AM-FM stereo . Spare has never been on the ground. This example has been garage kept and pampered its entire life.and simply the nicest olds 98 that has been ebay.the paint body interior is like new in everyway and all original,it tuly runs and drives like a brand ne car.the paint is like a glass mirror finish and absolutly no rust i can find anywhere,i really don't know how long it would take you to find another in this condition,i just had a 9000 mile one that was and a.a.c.a national show winner that was not as nice as this one .mantained and service all of it's life .you are bidding on one stunning mint car.

1983olds98001.jpg

1983olds98015.jpg

1983olds98023.jpg

1983olds98043.jpg

Sweet car...love how long the decklid is.

A buddy in high school had an '81 Delta 88 sedan...dark red, black vinyl top w/ a sunroof, red interior. Had been a diesel, but he and his dad swapped in an SBC. Always liked the B- and C- bodies of that era..

I'd say Jeers, 80s styling, especially on sedans just wasn't that good. The W126 S-class looks cool, and one of my favorite 80s cars that I see as a classic/collectible is the Mercdes SL, which was actually designed in the early 70s. But this was a bad era of automotive design. I guess the 70s was the worst, but 80s wasn't much better.

• Disagree 3

^ That era mercedees gave us monstrous, cheap, grey cladding... cheesy; good riddance.

My grandfather had this era 98 Regency Brougham, so I know this car well.

His was a pretty nice chocolatey vinyl top over a copper-ish body, but beyond that it really did nothing for me.

Super-Overstuff option in full force. 307 in his was breathless at 30 MPH (I drove it).

Car is super clean, but I'm just not an Olds guy. No vote.

I'd say Jeers, 80s styling, especially on sedans just wasn't that good. The W126 S-class looks cool, and one of my favorite 80s cars that I see as a classic/collectible is the Mercdes SL, which was actually designed in the early 70s. But this was a bad era of automotive design. I guess the 70s was the worst, but 80s wasn't much better.

I like them also...have one in at home that I drive on occasion...200k mile tank..still solid and squeak-and-rattle free, but those repair bills get $$$$...

mercslc1-vi.jpg