Your internet lust of the day....

Now see, you know what, that would be the perfect cruiser for me. 283 hints at a distinct lack of drama, just serenity, and those rims make it just far enough this side of grannymobile to be right on point.

• Agree 1

5Nd5X45J43E83G33L2c59b7ca3d69568f1294.jpg

I posted the truck above, a '57 GMC 370 chasis cab, in the Auctions/Classifieds thread last week. Here I am, still thinking about it this week (and checking CL to see if it's still there). I really want a 1/2 ton pickup, but this one has definitely caught my interest. Just far enough south of me to prevent me from seeing it in person right now.

Looking at the '67 Chevelle in this thread, it is difficult for me to remember a better looking, better proportioned automobile. Such effortless flow and harmony of line from front to back, with so much contemporary universal appeal. The Chevelle was the ultimate chameleon, as was stated recently by Camino.

There will never be a car company with a design heritage as wholly rich with beauty as General Motors. HANDS DOWN.

^ I would generally agree, esp WRT the era. I would have to give the GTO the nod WRT fRT & RR detailing, but yea.

While I think the current Camaro is a really attractive piece, it's a bit overwraught, IMO.

I doubt that going smaller next gen is going to help if the same heritage cues are used; at least they generally fit the current size.

But there's just nothing tweakable on the Chevelle above- it's prime reason these cars don't get (tasteful) body mods today, as popular as they are.

Really nothing to improve upon.

There's a snowcone's chance in Hell we'll get back there again. :nono:

You guys know how much I love Chevelles (including the '67) , but I think that the '67 GTO just slightly edges past the Chevelle in styling.

Surprised?

The '67 GTO is pretty sweet...though the '65 is my favorite of the early GTOs.

Since I'm shopping for cargo space these days....

I know it's not classic metal, but dagnabbit, I like it. Especially for $17k.

og_800.jpg

Go for it Lamar, you can never go wrong with an SRT8 wagon. That is freakin hot looking. :)

dfelt and GMTruckGuy, thanks for the affirmation. :)

Gotta figure out a way to clear this one with the wife, however. She'd rather we get one of these. :( (warning: non-lusty picture below)

25839137469.322472991.IM1.09.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

You guys know how much I love Chevelles (including the '67) , but I think that the '67 GTO just slightly edges past the Chevelle in styling.

Surprised?

Chevelle gets the styling nod from me over GTO for '65

Lamar: 17K for a slick black Magnum sounds pretty good to me too.

While that '57 GMC 370 chasis-cab is still on my mind, I found another GMC to take it's primary lust spot:

1GTHK29U17E191911-1.jpg

1GTHK29U17E191911-2.jpg

1GTHK29U17E191911-3.jpg

Like Lamar's wife, mine is not thrilled with this truck, even just as a possibility. She too wants me to look at minivans :lol:

This one is a 2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD Extended Cab SLT 4WD. The two downfalls for me are that it's not a crew cab and that it's black (not a preferred personal choice of color). I've always liked the '99-'07 design, and even though I'm a fan of the current Sierra I do regret not purchasing a GMT-800 truck when I've had the opportunity. It has 53k miles, is a loaded SLT model, and has the 6.0L V8 engine. I don't need a 2500HD truck by any means, but it's one bad rig and I'm definitely in :heart::wub::lovey: with it.

Surprised?

Chevelle gets the styling nod from me over GTO for '65

Lamar: 17K for a slick black Magnum sounds pretty good to me too.

It's close, but I prefer the GTO.

But I remeber the maroon pristine 65 Chevelle the girl next doors boyfriend drove when I was in 7th grade.

She was hot, the car was hot...he was banging that and driving that...lucky guy!

post-394-0-42667200-1337912311_thumb.jpg

Evening Orchid isn't really my color of choice, but this car is just beautiful.

Correction...utterly stunning...

One of my favorite years for GTO - in my favorite color.

post-394-0-58481300-1338035865_thumb.jpg

Love the 66...had a chance to buy a car just like that...I've been kicking myself for twenty years for passing on it.

.and I'll see your chevelle and raise you one GTO...and yes I know that you (camino) hate yellow cars...I love them...esp this one...

9529.jpg

http://www.mershons.com/car_detail_pop.asp?ID=9529

Link for the GTO...

http://www.mershons.com/car_detail_pop.asp?ID=9529

Also from Mershons...

7010.jpg

http://www.mershons.com/car_detail_pop.asp?ID=7010

7127.jpg

Now this Camaro...This is also a lust worth bow tie...

7127.jpg

Gotta figure out a way to clear this one with the wife, however. She'd rather we get one of these. :( (warning: non-lusty picture below)

:stupid::puke:

Sorry just could not hold it in for these soccer mom mobiles. :(

:stupid::puke:

Sorry just could not hold it in for these soccer mom mobiles. :(

I agree...woman at work just bought one and I was like...ughhhh...

One of my SCCA buddies bought one, uses it to sleep in at the track and to haul his buddies to Soccer games...and loves it.

To each his own, I guess....