Hyundai News:Performance Versions Of The Elantra Coupe, GT Being Considered

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

June 20, 2012

During the press launch of the new Hyundai Elantra Coupe and GT, Hyundai North America CEO John Krafcik revealed that the company is considering performance versions of the Coupe and GT.

Krafcik didn’t elaborate on details, but if given the green light, the Elantra Coupe and GT would get turbocharged engines (possibly from the Veloster), stiffer suspension, upgraded exhaust, and a tweaked interior.

Source: Auto Guide

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

Still a bland design, and the Civic Si redisn is really bland and wanting also.

GTI Cooper Focus ST...

What we really need are small Alfa Romeo's and the VW Sirocco over here....

I'm into small cars but this latest offering for the east is ughhh.,....

How about the 2.8L Duramax Diesel in a Cruze? This sucker would pull like crazy and return awesome gas mileage.

Performance Diesel would ROCK! :metal:

Do not totally blow off GM. The Coupe Concepts would not have been made if they did not believe there was a market for the car. I suspect we will see one.

Do not totally blow off GM. The Coupe Concepts would not have been made if they did not believe there was a market for the car. I suspect we will see one.

Thr RWD one; the other one looked just like a restyled Pontiac concept...

But will I still love them when I'm 64?

Course you will just like your mother, we all love our moms even at 64 no matter how much of a pain in the butt they can be, Everyone loves Mom, Everyone will Love the car in their own special way!!!

Thr RWD one; the other one looked just like a restyled Pontiac concept...

The FWD one was a restyled Pontiac concept..

How about the 2.8L Duramax Diesel in a Cruze? This sucker would pull like crazy and return awesome gas mileage.

Performance Diesel would ROCK! :metal:

Yeah...I'm thinking the diesel in a Cruze might be fun.

They already mod the hell out of diesel VW's. why not a hotrod diesel Cruze...seriously?

To their own peril, I'm afraid. Hyundai continues to make quite a splash. Meanwhile, a Cruze 5-door is sold elsewhere. And a coupe is but a softly-whispered dream.

...and probably one we'll not see again from GM, sadly....