LITE JAZZ / SMOOTH JAZZ

is there ANYONE who actually thinks 'smooth jazz' is REAL MUSIC? or even GOOD?

IT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF HELL ON EARTH. TORTURE LIKE HAVING YOUR TESTICULARS SLOWLY BURNED OFF.

For some reason I got stuck listening to something called 'Mindi Abair' tonight. Her picture was hot, so I'm like, why not? NOW......I WANT TO PULL MY EYEBALLS OUT!

SMOOTH JAZZ / LITE JAZZ is the music of SATAN!!!!!

My God, YANNI, ENYA, JEWEL SINGING ABOUT HER BREASTS, CHARLOTTE CHURCH, SARAH BRIGHTMAN, CELTIC WOMAN, ANYTHING BUT SMOOTH JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i came across this stuff listening in the car, I'd need to drive into the big concrete wall, just to STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!

This is horrible! do they play this at 'wine bars' and 'natural foods stores'?

AND THE SPA TOO I BET!

ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Edited by regfootball

I disagree to the max raised exponentially.

Jazz, smooth or otherwise, is mostly what I listen to. It relaxes me.

It is also known that the demographics of jazz listeners point to intelligence and accomplishment. But that's not why I listen to it. I think jazz is very slinky and sultry.

When I was a little kid, I would see a movie and hear a great soundtrack within. I thought "that stuff sounds good, whatever it is." It might have been someone like Quincy Jones. Then, when I grew up, I would see Quincy Jones in the jazz section.

One of my uncles on my Dad's side was in a philarmonic or symphony on the East Coast playing a wind instrument. My nephew (brother's kid) is accomplished at the saxophone. My family seems to like wind instruments. I love jazz.

Ease off, Reg. Chill pill coming your way. Too much stress at work?

I like Jazz... I'm not sure what the difference is between like Jazz and Lite/Smooth Jazz, but I do like jazz, and I find it relaxing. I can't take huge doses of it, but I enjoy it sometimes, as I also enjoy classical sometimes. Can't take huge amounts, but definitely like it.

I like Jazz, both classic jazz and some of the smooth stuff. Not in the car though. I prefer it as background music at work. It does have a relaxing quality to it.

I like jazz...I went to a concert in Boulder last week and saw the Charlie Hunter Trio and Christian McBride w/ DJ Logic.. good stuff...a lot of guitar and piano work, with some sax. There was also Robert Previtt (sp?) who was doing some very abstract electronic drum work..

As far as 'smooth jazz', I like some of it--Boney James, David Sanborn, David Benoit..

I enjoy older jazz on occasion..I have some Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Weather Report, John Coltrane in my CD rack...

is there ANYONE who actually thinks 'smooth jazz' is REAL MUSIC?  or even GOOD?

IT IS THE EQUIVALENT OF HELL ON EARTH.  TORTURE LIKE HAVING YOUR TESTICULARS SLOWLY BURNED OFF.

For some reason I got stuck listening to something called 'Mindi Abair' tonight.  Her picture was hot, so I'm like, why not?  NOW......I WANT TO PULL MY EYEBALLS OUT! 

SMOOTH JAZZ / LITE JAZZ is the music of SATAN!!!!!

My God, YANNI, ENYA, JEWEL SINGING ABOUT HER BREASTS, CHARLOTTE CHURCH, SARAH BRIGHTMAN, CELTIC WOMAN, ANYTHING BUT SMOOTH JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i came across this stuff listening in the car, I'd need to drive into the big concrete wall, just to STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!

This is horrible!  do they play this at 'wine bars' and 'natural foods stores'?

AND THE SPA TOO I BET!

ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hi! My name is Rich and I'm a former "smooth Jazz" listener.

I grew up with "Ella" and the "Count", "Benny Goodman" and "Miles Davis". I switched to "acid rock" in the 60's, then changed to "Fusion Jazz" in the 70's & 80's.

Eventually, I moved to smooth jazz (WNUA in Chicago). I continued with this format until a friend told me I was listening to the "Shaday" station. It dawned on me the she was right, every time I turned on the car radio and switched to WNUA, a Shaday song was on.

I'm reformed now. I listen to my wife's country music, switching to "old jazz" on the local college station occasionally. I have a intervention phone number to call if I switch to smooth jazz.

I've been off smooth jazz for 6 years, 2 months and 5 days.

LOL!

Hi! My name is Rich and I'm a former "smooth Jazz" listener.

I grew up with "Ella" and the "Count", "Benny Goodman" and "Miles Davis". I switched to "acid rock" in the 60's, then changed to "Fusion Jazz" in the 70's & 80's.

Eventually, I moved to smooth jazz (WNUA in Chicago). I continued with this format until a friend told me I was listening to the "Shaday" station. It dawned on me the she was right, every time I turned on the car radio and switched to WNUA, a Shaday song was on.

I'm reformed now. I listen to my wife's country music, switching to "old jazz" on the local college station occasionally. I have a intervention phone number to call if I switch to smooth jazz.

I've been off smooth jazz for 6 years, 2 months and 5 days.