• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Industry News: Spying: Next Suzuki SX4 Seen Testing

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

July 17, 2012

The current Suzuki SX4 is going on six years and its beginning to show its age. Suzuki knows this and is working on the next generation SX4.

Some new spy shots show how much progress Suzuki has made on the next SX4. The next SX4 appears to be much larger than the current model, thanks to larger greenhouse. Other design changes include a new grille and headlamps.

There also appears to be a large intercooler that is hiding behind the lower fascia, meaning the next SX4 could be packing a turbo engine. This is a play for fuel economy and not performance.

Source: Autoblog

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

Interesting. Another vehicle with a larger replacement, alas, but looks promising. Suzuki, if they are not held back by crappy Daewoos, deserves to be on people's lists.

Shhh...we can't let reg here that...I love him like a brother but would cross the Pacific ocean in a leaky row boat to give hjim a ration of crap.

But yeah....I will have to check that out, ti does look promising.

Bigger, but my gut tells me just as crappy as their existing product line.

Suzuki, Mazda and a couple other small car companies need to merge into one larger company to have a full product portfolio.

If someone on the boards here want a crappy coffin on wheels, your welcome to it, just take it out of this country.

was an lol moment today finding and sharing these.......

can't really get into it, but aside from that, I will say this.... myself personally not a fan of that dash at all and it looks like maybe it's growing to matrix / vibe size.. (at least Aerio size)....... which would be ok.

in fact it sorta seems like maybe they stole the Vibe stamping dies....

turbo sounds interesting.......

hopefully it out subarus the impreza.

don't look for this before the 2014 model year. internet news i see says likely a kizashi based crossover in 2014 MY too.......

These are my own opinions here, i think the VW partnership really messed up Suzuki and I think they are trying to get through to the 2014 new products as best they can.

Bigger, but my gut tells me just as crappy as their existing product line.

Suzuki, Mazda and a couple other small car companies need to merge into one larger company to have a full product portfolio.

If someone on the boards here want a crappy coffin on wheels, your welcome to it, just take it out of this country.

you should drive a kizasi its quite good.

The pictures looks like any other Suzuki Sportback you go buy last year or the year before...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• Similar Content

• By dfelt
      https://www.motor1.com/news/244399/2019-suzuki-jimny-rendering/
      Motor 1 has this story saying Suzuki is coping a page from Jeep with the new 2019 Suzuki Jimny. I have to say they might be right based on the renderings to go against the mule pictures.
      Here is Motor 1 rending they posted.

Here is a You Tube Video of the 2019 Jimny road testing. https://www.motor1.com/news/183037/2018-suzuki-jimny-spy-video/

• By William Maley
      The lengths that automakers go to with camouflaging vehicles continues to amaze us. Case in point, the first spy photos of the next-generation Chevrolet Suburban has hit the internet. General Motors has covered up every surface, including the underside. That's because the new Suburban appears to be ditching the solid rear axle for an independent setup. We know this as a spy photographer found the right spot where there was minimal camouflage and captured it.
      Why is Chevrolet switching to an IRS setup? It might have to do with the new Ford Expedition which moved to independent rear suspension. A source told Autoblog that Chevrolet wouldn't have fit IRS because it was expensive, but plans changed when the Expedition made a big splash with it. Of course, IRS could have been in the cards for some time. Nevertheless, this setup will help improve ride quality significantly.
      Engines are expected to mirror the new Silverado, which might include the new turbocharged 2.7 four-cylinder.
      Source: Autoblog, CarScoops

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The lengths that automakers go to with camouflaging vehicles continues to amaze us. Case in point, the first spy photos of the next-generation Chevrolet Suburban has hit the internet. General Motors has covered up every surface, including the underside. That's because the new Suburban appears to be ditching the solid rear axle for an independent setup. We know this as a spy photographer found the right spot where there was minimal camouflage and captured it.
      Why is Chevrolet switching to an IRS setup? It might have to do with the new Ford Expedition which moved to independent rear suspension. A source told Autoblog that Chevrolet wouldn't have fit IRS because it was expensive, but plans changed when the Expedition made a big splash with it. Of course, IRS could have been in the cards for some time. Nevertheless, this setup will help improve ride quality significantly.
      Engines are expected to mirror the new Silverado, which might include the new turbocharged 2.7 four-cylinder.
      Source: Autoblog, CarScoops
    • By William Maley
      The Escape is an important model for Ford. Last year, the company moved 308,296 Escapes off dealer lots. But with the announcement last week that Ford will be focusing more on trucks and utility models in the coming years, the Escape will be playing a bigger role.
      Car and Driver obtained the first spy shots of the next-generation Escape, expected sometime next year as 2020 model. Due to the extensive use of camouflage on the mule, we can't tell much about the design. We're guessing the front end might look similar to the EcoSport partly due to the flat shape. The lone shot of the interior reveals an interior layout similar to the EcoSport and Focus with the infotainment system sitting on top of the center stack.
      The next-generation Escape is expected to move from the C1 platform to yet, an unnamed global platform that underpins the next Focus. This will address two shortcomings of the current Escape - poor crash test scores and not being able to fit a hybrid/plug-in hybrid powertrain.
      Powertrains are expected to include the 1.5 and 2.0 EcoBoost four-cylinders, and a hybrid powertrain. We wouldn't be surprised if a plug-in is also available.
      Source: Car and Driver

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The Escape is an important model for Ford. Last year, the company moved 308,296 Escapes off dealer lots. But with the announcement last week that Ford will be focusing more on trucks and utility models in the coming years, the Escape will be playing a bigger role.
      Car and Driver obtained the first spy shots of the next-generation Escape, expected sometime next year as 2020 model. Due to the extensive use of camouflage on the mule, we can't tell much about the design. We're guessing the front end might look similar to the EcoSport partly due to the flat shape. The lone shot of the interior reveals an interior layout similar to the EcoSport and Focus with the infotainment system sitting on top of the center stack.
      The next-generation Escape is expected to move from the C1 platform to yet, an unnamed global platform that underpins the next Focus. This will address two shortcomings of the current Escape - poor crash test scores and not being able to fit a hybrid/plug-in hybrid powertrain.
      Powertrains are expected to include the 1.5 and 2.0 EcoBoost four-cylinders, and a hybrid powertrain. We wouldn't be surprised if a plug-in is also available.
      Source: Car and Driver
  • My Clubs