Cheers or Jeers: 155 Mile 1982 Oldsmobile Omega

4 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Good mileage in an affordable package!
    • Jeers! That engine bay looks too dirty for 155 miles.

Hello, here is a very unique 1982 Oldsmobile Omega. Most Omegas are long gone. These were called the FWD X cars, along with the Chevy Citation, Buick Skylark and the Pontiac Phoenix. The X cars are becoming popular again with the collectors. This car was ordered new for an 80 year old lady who never drove. The family drove the car home from the dealership and parked it. The car is new! It has 155 miles! Not 150000 miles, not 50000 miles, not 15000 miles, not 5000 miles, not 1500 miles. This car has 155 miles! Everything is original including all the fluids which look brand new. The tires are original, everything except for the battery. Another unique thing about this Omega is that it was ordered with all the power options offered. Just about every Omega was a plain base model. The new car window sticker is still on the door glass! This was a $10,000 Omega in 82. More than a new 82 Cutlass and more than most midsize model cars at the time. The lady did not drive the car. She knew it was there if she ever needed it which was good enough for her. Her family drove it around the block once in a while just to keep it going. They also drove the car to the inspection station to keep it updated and on the road. This car runs and drives as a new car. The interior still smells new. I bought the car from her estate a few years ago to use as a fun weekend toy. However, I just can not put any miles on it. It would be nice if the car was put on display in a museum or at a GM dealership, ect. It would be a shame to use it as a driver after 30 years and only 155 miles. I just do not have the garage space to let the car sit around, otherwise I would not sell it. I can't keep everything....The original rubber bumper fillers need to be replaced. The original paint is kind of dull on the top areas of the car. A good polishing would do wonders. The headliner is hanging down just a little. That is it. If you have any questions or would like to come see this car for yourself, just let me know. My reserve is more than fair for a car like this. If you like Omegas, you are not going to find another like this. Serious bidders only please. Thank you.

$%28KGrHqF,!p8F!,SE%29fZWBQHyfbSkHw~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16VHJGIE9nnWqrI7BQHyfmj48g~~60_57.JPG

Interesting..never seen a quasi-bench seat like that in an x-body. Can't recall how many years since I've seen one of these in any condition. I like the offset front license plate..the Phoenix and Citation had those also, IIRC.

That's no 155 mile car. It could be the cleanest 100,155 mile omega out there though.

Uh... and you're basis for this?

It looks pretty legit to me... a few plastic items that broke down (bumper filler panels)... a few bad adhesives (passenger mirrot glass)... a little paint imperfection and a few ideas underhood with surface rust or paint imperfection... a garage that likely was not perfectly waterproof. Door jams are IMPOSSIBLY clean. The carpets look brand new. The pedals look pretty much new. The interior color appears to have changed a bit, but very uniformly... though its hard to tell if its grey or blue or blue-grey in the photos. Then the final detail is the window sticker... I would imagine it would be impossible to go 100K with it in the window... and very difficult to make a replacement (no PHS for Oldsmobiles) and get the slight patina/glue discoloration shown in the photos.

I am as certain this is a 155 (158 in photos) mile car as I can be without seeing it in person.

Let's be honest: the Omega (and cars like it) are why Oldsmobile sank after 1987 and died in 2004. In those days, anything less than a Cutlass Supreme were cars to be avoided. CS/88/98 were the ones to buy, period. I hate the direction the X-cars pointed GM towards. The first W-bodies were too small in 1988, but that got fixed in 1996; the FWD G-bodies were way too small from 1985-1993.

The clarion call of that Omega was from Roger Stempel: Make it Cheap, Make it Common. This is why Olds was slowly murdered in its last two decades!

Edited by riviera74
  • Agree 1

Let's be honest: the Omega (and cars like it) are why Oldsmobile sank after 1987 and died in 2004. In those days, anything less than a Cutlass Supreme were cars to be avoided. CS/88/98 were the ones to buy, period. I hate the direction the X-cars pointed GM towards. The first W-bodies were too small in 1988, but that got fixed in 1996; the FWD G-bodies were way too small from 1985-1993.

The clarion call of that Omega was from Roger Stempel: Make it Cheap, Make it Common. This is why Olds was slowly murdered in its last two decades!

did Robert Stempel come back as a VW exec?

beauty

are you sure that is not an Omega SEX? YUM