when... WHEN???

ocnblu

News that this new Impala look will spread to the rest of the Chevy line has me excited.  I think it is a perfectly distilled CHEVROLET face that fits the brand... like a glove.

now....NOW!

I expect this to be what replaces many of coming GM and Chevy products. Cruze should see something like it and maybe even the trucks?

I also expect the Super Sport may have something along these lines too.

The updated Traverse already has something like it and the new Nox is coming.

I have seen some critics claim it is too plain but I think it fits well and does carry that instant Chevy look. Too bad they did not have this for the long to develpe Malibu. I assume it was too far along to change easily.

The design is not bad, but analytically, it's VERY generic, encompassing numerous elements in use elsewhere, already.

The animation was slick, but the fender cue is about all that was pulled from the '65, so while I think many people will 'see' it being heritage'd from that via the animation, it's really not. Hence, IMO, the animation there becomes a stretch.

I do think it will do well, however.

It's that high beltline thing that I thought was necessitated by tough crash standards... yet the new Toyota Avalon has a low cowl and beltline, which I find refreshing. Still, I see a lot to like in the '14 Impala, although I think it has more in common with the '67 Impala than the '65 in the video.

It's that high beltline thing that I thought was necessitated by tough crash standards... yet the new Toyota Avalon has a low cowl and beltline, which I find refreshing. Still, I see a lot to like in the '14 Impala, although I think it has more in common with the '67 Impala than the '65 in the video.

+1

now....NOW!

I expect this to be what replaces many of coming GM and Chevy products. Cruze should see something like it and maybe even the trucks?

I also expect the Super Sport may have something along these lines too.

The updated Traverse already has something like it and the new Nox is coming.

I have seen some critics claim it is too plain but I think it fits well and does carry that instant Chevy look. Too bad they did not have this for the long to develpe Malibu. I assume it was too far along to change easily.

2014-Chevy-Impala-chat-front-three-quarters-1024x640.jpg2013-Chevrolet-Traverse-homepage.jpg

Reminds me of the early '90s when the Lumina Sedan and Lumina APV had a similar look.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

I get a 60's vibe from it too and the Lumina and others were based on that same idea. I just think it is better on the new car.

Belt lines are higher due to crash standards but Toyota may have found a way around it.

GM has keep the roof lines down while for has lifted the roofs and it give the Taurus the look of a taller SUV more than a sedan.

The Malbu to me is just too much like the Cruze that from a distance they look too similar.

The trouble with the nose anymore is the required crush space for the hood over the engine. All the MFG are going taller to deal with it and it is difficult to hide.

Just look at a Taurus Police car and see how tall it looks with a light bar.

That new Impala sure looks nice & the grill treatments on these is a good improvement over the current look

The Impala (at least looking at the pics) definitely looks better than the Taurus...which looks very slab sided, tall and narrow in person.

I find the Taurus to have a look more like an Explorer vs a Fusion. To me the Taurus with the high sides and tall roof make it more like a SUV. The Impala while the roof is low it will have a much better sleek sedan look.

Someone told me there was one in our area on the roads. I have yet to see it but I expect it will look fine in person. He told me on the road it is a good size but looks smaller than in the photo's.

While I am starting to like the new Impala, I would rather have a civilian-based (more equipment) Caprice - and no, I don't mean the upcoming SS Sedan. Since seeing the 20 Caprice PPV's and Detective cars two weekends ago, I've been enamored with that car. I'd be very tempted to put aside my truck wishes for one of those full-size sedans :smilewide: