Largely forgotten but cool GM cars you lust after...

For me-

#1. Betetta GTZ and Calais Quad Four Olds. You guys know of my love of small cars, these two are just awesome, and I think about them all the time.

#2. 1964 Chevy Malibu SS....Everyone thinks of the 64 GTO, 64 SS Chevelle is a nice design, you see 65's but not 64's.

#3. 49 Olds 88...larger motor, lighter body15 years before the GTO. Paced the Indy 500 that year.

#4. Lumina Z34...came with a five speed, wore the understated look of the GM era well...

#5. 1926 Pontiac...god clean first year design for Pontiac. Only seen a few in my life but they seem damn near perfect.

Your lists....?

'68-69 Riviera...they seem to be overlooked as preferences run towards the cleaner '66-67, but I like the '68-69 also...less so, though w/ the '70, or the '68-70 Toros..those had oversized front bumper/grilles that weren't as clean as the '66-67..

I've always liked the styling of '77-79 and '80-85 B- and C- body coupes...though the Bonnevilles would have looked better w/o the frumpy fender skirts, IMO. Kind of overshadowed by the '78-87 A/G- body coupes..

• Agree 1

I lust after that as well...

But Turbojett...you and I have a little different taste in cars than a lot of the guys here on the board.

And Achieva SCX, yes.

Here's my list with some already mentioned:

- Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais International (1989-1991)

- Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible (1994-1995)

- Chevrolet Beretta GTZ (1990-1993)

- Buick Reatta

- Cadillac Allante

- Cadillac XLR

- Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (1993-1996)

- Achieva SC Coupe and SCX (1992-1993)

- Sportside/Stepside GMC & Chevrolet pickup trucks

It's a neat car....and I do like the body better.

However, the 73 GTO was a great highway car...seems like I remember the president of a large GTO club owning one...

The 71-73 Mustangs are great highway cars also. A lot of the cars of the era are really comfortable cruisers...

Would take either a 73 or 74 GTO in my garage!

Lust over ................ 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO

Stuff I like from the sixties

61 Sedan Deville/white

62 Bonneville/Burgandy

61-64 Starfires

61 F85

61 Tempest

61 Special/Skylark

3 Large

3 small

I like stuff from every decade.

Edited by RjION

1965 Olds Jetstar I (though I'd love a Starfire too). According to the brochure, the Jetstar I came with the same 425 V8 as the Starfire for '65.

1995-'99 Buick Riviera with S/C 3800. My mother in law had one of these and it was a real gem.

How 'bout a '61 Biscayne sedan? Yeah, very boring--but so is a new Camry. At least with the Biscayne, there were all kinds of powertrain options and color choices. Plus you could take the carburetor off, rebuild it, and have the car back running again in less than an hour. Even the most basic sedans back in those days had a lot more character and variety than today's clone cars like the Camry & Accord.