A V6? A Half ton?

Congrats Sir! Don't look at the outside color. It is the inside that matters. I thought red Corvette is not my thing, but more people notice and love the car. If doing it again, it will be LeMans Blue or Night Race Blue for me.

Pretty cool how they slide before rolling over, both the Chevy and the Ram (?) it hit.

So many cool videos of police chases. Amazing some of the dumb things people do while driving. Truly they should not be behind the wheel. :)

Congrats Sir! Don't look at the outside color. It is the inside that matters. I thought red Corvette is not my thing, but more people notice and love the car. If doing it again, it will be LeMans Blue or Night Race Blue for me.

I agree with your statement, I did not think Red would be my color but then I became the owner of a Beatuiful Redish 2008 Trailblazer SS and I love it with the metalic and deep dark red color. Thank goodness it is not fire engine red. I do like this redish ruby color and I have seen it on a few corvettes.

Though it is not a Yukon GT 2-door, take care of this and maybe I'll be able to buy it from you in the future (not like you don't take care of your stuff :lol: ). That is when you're ready to part with it and I have cash :P

Get in line bub....

Lemans blue is just awesome...you sir will ahv e my eternal jealousy!

Rest assured that it will be well taken care of, but it could be a long wait before I'd sell it. :)

Just found the perfect plow for it - a poly plow that will take about 100lbs. off of the weight the front suspension will have to handle.

Just what I would have chosen for it in an ideal world, the plow was only used privately and garage-kept!

Now to make the mad scramble to get the cash together and get this thing installed.

Anyone need a ROPOS?

Or a '95 2-door Tahoe?

Those 2dr Blazer/Tahoe/Yukons are sweet...too bad they never did a 454 SS version. I like the full size Broncos of the '90s also, though by the mid '90s they were pretty dated (basically a 1980 Ford F-series that went through a couple mild restyling cycles and interior updates). But back in the day when I had my Bronco II I really wanted a full size Bronco...

Amazing how some cars rust away up here in the rust belt...

Saw a poor Olds 98 the other day ina the junk yard...you could have dribbled a basket ball through the floor boards and trunk floor and not hit anything...it was GONE!

Anyone need a ROPOS?

Or a '95 2-door Tahoe?

:worthless:

:smilewide:

Though it is not a Yukon GT 2-door, take care of this and maybe I'll be able to buy it from you in the future (not like you don't take care of your stuff :lol: ). That is when you're ready to part with it and I have cash :P

Get in line bub....

Not to worry, if he were to sell it anytime in the next 3-5 years I'm sure you'd have the money first before I could even blink my eyes. Between a wife and two small children, I'm lucky to come up with $50-$100 for myself :lol:

Rest assured that it will be well taken care of, but it could be a long wait before I'd sell it. :)

Just found the perfect plow for it - a poly plow that will take about 100lbs. off of the weight the front suspension will have to handle.

Just what I would have chosen for it in an ideal world, the plow was only used privately and garage-kept!

Now to make the mad scramble to get the cash together and get this thing installed.

Anyone need a ROPOS?

Or a '95 2-door Tahoe?

Call me stupid, what is a ROPOS?

ROPOS = Rusty Old Piece Of $h!

The ROPOS is an '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado in dark blue and silver with a 7.5' Western plow

The Tahoe is a '95 2-door LS in Forest Green metallic (has barn doors)

Just got the '98 home - the pair of them look good in the driveway (pics tomorrow)

How so?

The '98 has the Z71 off-road package and feels stiffer and more trucklike, the '95 is cushier and more carlike. There is also a touch more power to the '98 as it has the Vortec engine, while the '95 is a TBI 5.7. The '98 also seems more solid and quiet overall - driving them back-to-back was surprising.

What's wrong with the 95? (sorry, haven't had time to follow every thread on C&G lately)

Nothing really, just stupid little detail stuff I haven't gotten to yet. I just don't think it wise to put a plow on a truck with 203k on the clock.

Roger: soon on the pics

Balthy: Very cool old GMC!

Also, doesn't your 95 have row-it-yourself transmission? How does that make difference?

Z71 can really stiffen things up. Was there a mid cycle refresh between 95 and 98?

No, that was the '92 full-size Blazer I had for a short time - if the '95 were a manual, I'd have a very hard time parting with it ('95 was the last year it was offered).

No, it was a piecemeal refresh. Grille and lights in '94, interior and name change from Blazer to Tahoe in '95, and engine from TBI to Vortec in '96.

I guess I'm asking from a "can I maintain apartment buildings with it" aspect.

Most definitely.

It has helped me maintain 22 acres for quite some time now.

Check in the glovebox for the option label. I think the suspension codes are "F", at least in the cars. Just curious, no rush, interested in seeing the differences.

The '98 shows Z71 and both show G80. I'll have to check the other codes, I know I have them somewhere.

In 1997 GM did some steering revisions to the full-size truck platforms.

According to Edmunds:

New for 1997 is a passenger-side airbag, allowing the Tahoe to match Ford's Expedition in safety features. A new Electronic Variable Orifice steering unit reduces effort in low-speed maneuvering. The automatic transmission is refined for 1997, featuring smoother shifts and increased efficiency.

I forgot to mention the pass. side airbag, haven't noticed the steering and trans changes.

The '98 also has DRLs, and probably ought to have keyless entry (but all I got was 1 key and no remotes).

Except for towing and leather, the '98 is loaded with options: push-button 4WD, Compass/temp mirror etc.

Another difference is one I don't like: a tailgate instead of barn doors.

Roger, I'll get to taking pics of the ROPOS as soon as I can. I think I have an old one that Ill post in this thread if I find it.

Edited by Camino LS6