In today's society with not just the US, but World wide unemployement affecting everyone's quality of life, what could get at least the US to jump back into putting people to work and raise the life standard of the average worker?

post-12-0-49585100-1354030866_thumb.jpg

Forbes put out this great article by Stan Barton:

The Surprising Obama Trade: Natural Gas

http://www.forbes.co...ember_189605545

To quote the story:

"A policy to take advantage of the natural gas abundance will have a “New Deal” type influence on infrastructure construction and manufacturing, and it will provide cheap energy to fuel growth in many sectors. Cheaper than oil per BTU, natural gas would have long-range systemic benefits for inflation control, just as Internet technology created systemic improvement in productivity. This article makes the case why we think that President Obama will focus on centering the U.S. energy policy on natural gas, and how it will help stocks that are in the sweet spots: natural gas exploration, well services, pipelines, fueling stations, vehicles and infrastructure."

post-12-0-36198000-1354030912_thumb.jpg

So read the complete article and then sound off on whether you agree or disagree and why. Is this the proper step for America to take in moving off oil to something better over the next 200 years as we perfect electric transportation?

Please remember this is not to be political agenda driven, but from a business standpoint and what could help create jobs and our nation grow in a time of world wide depression.

post-12-0-00773900-1354030934_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-08521000-1354030946_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-80258700-1354030960_thumb.jpg

• Agree 2

See the war against the oil is not only for the product but for infrastructure and consumer consumption culture. Energy diversion has to start in small scale mutinies which will be difficult for the oil lobby to target. This can also be another small scale mutiny. One thing I am skeptical about the article is the lack of numbers substantiating the author's claims.

Agree on natural gas technology...Ohio has been drilling for natural gas and we have had a huge economic boom because of it.

BTW, green Mustang in the pic is pure automotive sex....

Making this happen should have been public policy long ago.

Indeed, but the whole concept of "the United States becoming independent from foreign oil" opens the door to one hell of a deep rabbit hole to walk through, and even still the bigger picture in play is just another tree in the forest.

I'll run the risk here of possibly looking radical to some of you and speak my mind a little more.

Let's consider one simple fact for a moment: all petroleum is exclusively priced in US dollars and most transactions take place with US dollars. Arguably, it's a big factor in what allows our dollar to hold its status as the world's reserve currency. Since the eggs are all locked in one basket so to speak, who then has the most to lose if our demand for petroleum takes a huge nosedive in favor of alternative fuels and that spurs on a huge domino effect across the world? Ask yourself that and research it for yourself, and maybe you'll see where I'm coming from here, maybe you'll see why other abundant and/or renewable energy sources are so horribly crippled in our country.

Edited by black-knight

Indeed, but the whole concept of "the United States becoming independent from foreign oil" opens the door to one hell of a deep rabbit hole to walk through, and even still the bigger picture in play is just another tree in the forest.

I'll run the risk here of possibly looking radical to some of you and speak my mind a little more.

Let's consider one simple fact for a moment: all petroleum is exclusively priced in US dollars and most transactions take place with US dollars. Arguably, it's a big factor in what allows our dollar to hold its status as the world's reserve currency. Since the eggs are all locked in one basket so to speak, who then has the most to lose if our demand for petroleum takes a huge nosedive in favor of alternative fuels and that spurs on a huge domino effect across the world? Ask yourself that and research it for yourself, and maybe you'll see where I'm coming from here, maybe you'll see why other abundant and/or renewable energy sources are so horribly crippled in our country.

I see the point you are making but then also look at it from the stand point that those getting into Advance Superior Fuels like CNG will be the next so call Oil Barons, or in this case Gas Barons.

The old money and old crowd will try to do all they can to control and hold onto their monoploy, but their time is coming to an end. The Future is Natural Gas.

I see the point you are making but then also look at it from the stand point that those getting into Advance Superior Fuels like CNG will be the next so call Oil Barons, or in this case Gas Barons.

The old money and old crowd will try to do all they can to control and hold onto their monoploy, but their time is coming to an end. The Future is Natural Gas.

It isn't just Big Oil that stands to lose in this fight.

Those who have their hand in the pot will probably maintain control here for quite a few years to come.

Let me add this before I bow out on the subject: until we can reach a consensus on how to make currency simply a means of buying goods and services rather than a means of establishing and maintaining power and status, we will never see an end to the issues that are plaguing us today.

Alternative fuels being one of those issues.

Edited by black-knight

It isn't just Big Oil that stands to lose in this fight.

Those who have their hand in the pot will probably maintain control here for quite a few years to come.

Let me add this before I bow out on the subject: until we can reach a consensus on how to make currency simply a means of buying goods and services rather than a means of establishing and maintaining power and status, we will never see an end to the issues that are plaguing us today.

Alternative fuels being one of those issues.

Excellent Point Made! Great Discussion! :)