- Exterior Color (20U) Sport Blue

- Exterior Color (37U) Midnight Blue Metallic

- Exterior Color (66U) Sonoma Red Metallic

- (19J) Dark Pewter SLE Deluxe Cloth

- (193) Dark Pewter SLT Deluxe Leather seating surfaces

- (N87) 4 - 18" x 8" (45.7cm x 20.3cm) bright finish aluminum wheels

- (N83) 4 - 15" x 7" (38.1 cm x 17.8 cm) chrome finish styled aluminum wheels

- (KG7) 125 amp alternator

- (LLV) Engine, 2.9L DOHC 4-cylinder MFI (185 hp [137.9 kW] @ 5600 rpm), 195 lb-ft [263.2 Nm] @ 2800 rpm)

- (LLR) Engine, 3.7L DOHC 5-cylinder MFI (242 hp [180.4 kW] @ 5600 rpm), 242 lb-ft [326.7 Nm] @ 4600 rpm)

- (QDG) P235/50R18 all-season, blackwall tires

I am not all that familiar but are these engines new or just rehashes of current ones?  The added power is a welcome addition but 15-inch wheels are kind of laughable.

The current ones are actually still really fresh and recent--these "new" ones are just more bored out versions of those.

Guest YellowJacket894

"Sonoma" Red? Sounds nostaligic. :lol:

And, again I'll say it one more time: I hope other changes involving the interior and exterior will be announced.

:scratchchin: I forgot, any idea of what the old horsepower and torque figures were for comparison? Also any figures on gas milage also for comparison?

Thanks for the reporting, keep up the good work. :)

:scratchchin:  I forgot, any idea of what the old horsepower and torque figures were for comparison?  Also any figures on gas milage also for comparison?

Thanks for the reporting, keep up the good work. :)

the I-5 gained 20 hp and 20 ft lbs, about

I still like the Canyon, I think it is better looking than the current Colorado. But I still find myself comparing it to my buddies 05 Nissan Frontier, which I suppose is a direct competitor to the Canyon/Colorado. His truck has 265 hp and 284 lb-ft of torque out of a 4.0L V6...ouch!! Is GM going to keep increasing the displacement every 3 years to try to be competitive, by then the Japanese will have moved on. Get your asses in gear GM!!

I still like the Canyon, I think it is better looking than the current Colorado. But I still find myself comparing it to my buddies 05 Nissan Frontier, which I suppose is a direct competitor to the Canyon/Colorado. His truck has 265 hp and 284 lb-ft of torque out of a 4.0L V6...ouch!! Is GM going to keep increasing the displacement every 3 years to try to be competitive, by then the Japanese will have moved on. Get your asses in gear GM!!

hp/Liter is very close to the Nissan 4.0 L V6, and far better than Toyota's 236 hp 4.0 L. If you really want power, just wait for the V8.

it also gained .2L in displacement...come on, it's a freaking 3.5L engine...they couldn't squeeze any more power out of it?

It's a truck engine Nick, it's really all about low-end grunt. There really isn't a better truck engine out there. In fact there aren't that many modern gasoline-fueled truck engines out there at all.

Excluding the V8s there's the:

Ford 4.0 L (207 hp) (SOHC)

GM Family II

2.4 L 126 hp (SOHC)

GM Vortec Dynacam

2.9 L 185 hp

3.7 L 242 hp

4.2 L 291 hp

GM Global V6

3.6 L 210 hp

Nissan VQ

4.0 L 265 hp

Toyota TR

2.0 L 131 hp

2.7 L 159 hp

Toyota GR

4.0 L 236 hp

All the rest are from Chinese and Russian companies building Euro2 engines you've never heard of and aren't likely to ever see.

It's a truck engine Nick, it's really all about low-end grunt. There really isn't a better truck engine out there. In fact there aren't that many modern gasoline-fueled truck engines out there at all.

Excluding the V8s there's the:

Ford 4.0 L (207 hp) (SOHC)

GM Family II

2.4 L 126 hp (SOHC)

GM Vortec Dynacam

2.9 L 185 hp

3.7 L 242 hp

4.2 L 291 hp

GM Global V6

3.6 L 210 hp

Nissan VQ

4.0 L 265 hp

Toyota TR

2.0 L 131 hp

2.7 L 159 hp

Toyota GR

4.0 L 236 hp

All the rest are from Chinese and Russian companies building Euro2 engines you've never heard of and aren't likely to ever see.

Hey Griff, is that 210hp for the GM Global 3.6l V6 a typo? I'm guessing that the 210hp refers to the 2.8l variant. Every output I've seen for the various 3.6l applications are northward of 240hp.. Also, do you have any more info on the "Vortec Dynacam" phrase? I've heard of Vortec, Vortec Max, but never Vortec Dynacam.

Tks - cm

Hey Griff, is that 210hp for the GM Global 3.6l V6 a typo?  I'm guessing that the 210hp refers to the 2.8l variant.  Every output I've seen for the various 3.6l applications are northward of 240hp..  Also, do you have any more info on the "Vortec Dynacam" phrase?  I've heard of Vortec, Vortec Max, but never Vortec Dynacam.

Tks - cm

maybe he's refering to the 3.6 in the lax... new for '07, 10 less horses to go along w/ the weaker 3.8L... :banghead: ..... i'm joking :lol: .. but still :nono: that prolly wouldn't surprise some people.

It's a truck engine Nick, it's really all about low-end grunt.

I agree, I guess I kinda wasn't thinking about my statement when I said it. I'll be the first to defend when it comes to criticizing cars over displacement, but sometimes I feel they just aren't trying hard enough to make the power. I understand the engine is made to be reliable and durable and able to take abuse, I just feel they could get more out of it while still maintaining that reliability, and bumping up the displacement seems almost like a half-assed attempt to do so. Or better yet, instead of the 5 cylinder, why not just throw the I6 into it? I know the idea has been tossed around here quite a bit, but it just seems like a better option.

maybe he's refering to the 3.6 in the lax... new for '07, 10 less horses to go along w/ the weaker 3.8L... :banghead:  .....  i'm joking :lol: .. but still  :nono: that prolly wouldn't surprise some people.

Nope, that's the 3.6 as used in the Holden Rodeo pickup. Like the base 230 hp Alloytec engine it only uses VVT on the intake cam.

Hey Griff, is that 210hp for the GM Global 3.6l V6 a typo?  I'm guessing that the 210hp refers to the 2.8l variant.  Every output I've seen for the various 3.6l applications are northward of 240hp..  Also, do you have any more info on the "Vortec Dynacam" phrase?  I've heard of Vortec, Vortec Max, but never Vortec Dynacam.

Tks - cm

Dynacam is a reference to the modular inline family's exhaust VVT system, and is used to distinguish them from the small-block Vortec engines, although you'll find it mostly on the older info.

the GMT355s and especially the H3 needs a 4.0 Engine, whethe the I-5 Atlas can expand to 4.0 or they come up with 4.0 V6 whatever, they need the extra torque and power!

but i thought the idea of the I5 was for gas milage? :AH-HA_wink:

sorry, not denying your statement, but it would be intersting if they tuned the 3.9L v6 for a truck, just to be curious..., prolly not add much weight, or maybe make it lighter by a tad too. anyone have info for that? I5 weight v 3.9L weight.