- (22U) Superior Blue Metallic exterior color

- (63U) Sport Red Metallic exterior color

- (68U) Glacier Blue Metallic exterior color

New Features

- (27U) Precision Red exterior color

- (37U) Imperial Blue Metallic exterior color

- (49U) Bordeaux Red exterior color

- (80U) Red Jewel Tintcoat exterior color

- (LZ4) 3.5L 3500 V6 SFI gasoline engine (non-E85 compatible)

Changes

- (LZ8) 3.9L 3900 V6 engine with Active Fuel Management replaces (LZ9) 3.9L 3900 V6 engine

The new 3.5L is rated at 211HP @ 5800rpm and 214lb-ft @ 4000rpm; the 3.9L is now rated at 233HP @ 5600rpm and 240lb-ft @ 4000rpm.

So, does adding AFM reduce HP slightly?

That stinks-they deleted some of Impala's best colors-Glacier Blue, Sport Red, and Superior Blue-now we have Maroon (Bordeaux Red), Precision Red, and some Blue I haven't heard of (listed last year only in the Impala Polic section of the GM Fleet Guide-can't wait to see 2007's!). Oh well, Superior Blue was more dull than I thought anyway...should be interesting....

Where have you been?  There hasn't been an Impala with a 3.8 since the last gen, '00-05 model.

I didn't catch that. I figure the LaCrosse has it so a supposedly lesser car like the Impala would, too.

… the 3.9L is now rated at 233HP @ 5600rpm and 240lb-ft @ 4000rpm.

So, does adding AFM reduce HP slightly?

Note peak horsepower is at a lower engine speed than the LZ9, that probably accounts for the drop in horsepower, as torque is unchanged. Whether that is connected with the AFM system is another matter. If you go back you will see that this is the 3.9 L originally announced, and the cause of some confusion when the LZ9 debuted instead.

• 2 weeks later...

The E85 capable LZE is still available, but the LZ4 is now added for the US. If you get a car with standard federal emissions the LZE is the base engine. For CA and the Northeast emission requirements the LZ4 is standard but the LZE remains an option.

Edited by thegriffon

The 07 changes should have read:

Deletions: 211 hp version of 3500, fixed back rear seat on LS and LT models, floor console with no shift indicators, wood trim option on SS models and SS suspension and tires combo, rear spoiler deleted as std equipment on 3LT model, LTZ trim, wheel covers on LT

Changes: 224 hp version of LZ4 3500 V6 now std with E85 capability across the board, 3900 with AFM and 242 hp, split rear seats with armrest now std on all models, floor shift indicators included on models with bucket seats, LT models now include alloy wheels, leather steering wheel with controls, 3LT comes with lighted vanity mirrors as std, SS models only available with brushed silver interior accents, SS models get same suspension and tires as Grand Prix GXP

This should be a no brainer for Chevy to do with very little price increases as most of the normal models are still here intact.

LS is still the base at $20995 including dest

LT is the next step up at $21995 including dest

3LT is the best V6 model with 3900 at $23995 with dest

SS is the flagship at $26995 including dest

It kills me that the power for the 3900 went down. I really hope AFM helps the fuel economy out quite a bit. The numbers were so poor.

First the camry does not have 270 hp. second the Flexfuel V6 is unchanged. The 3.9 L loses power in order to increase fuel-economy.

I'm curious to see what real-world fuel numbers the 268hp V6 Camry actually gets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... so the Camry came in well under the CITY EPA ratings.

Fusion and Accord came in over the city ratings, and the Sonata came in slightly under the city ratings.