Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Geneva Motor Show: Someone Leaks The 2014 Bentley Continental Flying Spur: Comments

By William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

February 19, 2013

Say hello to the to the redesigned Bentley Continental Flying Spur. Pictures of the redesigned model surfaced today on the web, well ahead of its debut at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show.

The exterior design of the Continental Flying Spur borrows heavily from the Continental GT and GTC. The biggest change deals with the rear end as Bentley redesigned it to bring it more in line with the larger Mulsanne sedan.

The Flying Spur's interior has been updated to keep it in line with the Continental GT and GTC, and features a new dash layout, steering wheel, and instrument panel.

Power will come from 6.0L W12 engine which currently makes 552 horsepower and 479 pound-feet of torque. Also coming will be a 4.0L twin-turbo V8 engine.

We'll have more info on the Flying Spur when it makes its official introduction at the Geneva Motor Show next month.

Source: AutoWP.ru

gallery_10485_593_1295454.jpg

gallery_10485_593_667455.jpg

gallery_10485_593_663484.jpg

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

The exterior is a bit too understated and bland for something with a fantasy land price tag like this.

True luxuy is understated and subtle, not tasteless Kardashian bling.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 2

The exterior is a bit too understated and bland for something with a fantasy land price tag like this.

True luxuy is understated and subtle, not tasteless Kardashian bling.

Yet so many would hit that ass! :P

Nice Luxury Sedan, I am sure there are NO $1.80 Door Handles on this baby.

I bet some of the switchgear is shared w/ Audi and VW, though....some of dirty bits definitely are...

Very true, there are always so many dirty bits shared across family plateforms. Nothing wrong as long as it stays strong and is quality built. Yet on a 100K Luxury Sedan, I want a solid feel in my hands when I pull the handle, not some flimsy Eco Box handle.

Something odd in the proportion... seems low-cowled, thick-pillared, wide. Something offputting in it. Interior is truly professional though.

I am sure any of us would love to live in that interior, but the exterior is unsettling. Not a fan, looks dated and old. Then most who can afford these are with old money.

Bentley has some truly bland, pedestrian vehicles. For being a badge-engineered Rolls for so many decades in the past, Rolls today is light-years ahead in presence. And yes; I see Bentleys often enough on the road to have a solid in-person opinion.

It just has no distinction, almost like a 'generic big car' illustrated to avoid depicting an actual brand.

Edited by balthazar

Bentley has some truly bland, pedestrian vehicles. For being a badge-engineered Rolls for so many decades in the past, Rolls today is light-years ahead in presence. And yes; I see Bentleys often enough on the road to have a solid in-person opinion.

It just has no distinction, almost like a 'generic big car' illustrated to avoid depicting an actual brand.

To me a K-Car of the family.