Karma News: German Investment Group Places A Bid For Fisker

William Maley

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

August 23, 2013

A German investment group has put its hat in the ring to buy Fisker Automotive. Fritz Nols AG has put in a bid for $25 million dollars for the company and its assets, a far cry from $173 million debt Fisker owns the U.S.

"There was too much focus on design and production. It was forgotten that you have to sell the car as well," said Ingo Voigt, the person heading the buyout for Fritz Nols AG to Autobild.

If the group was to get Fisker, Voigt says they would move production from Finland to the U.S. and sell 2,500 Karma sedans per year. The group will also focus on adding more models to Karma lineup with the Surf, a shooting brake model and the the Sunset, a two-door convertible. The smaller Atlantic sedan has been taken off the table due to cost concerns.

Nols isn't the only buyer interested in buying up Fisker. Back in May, Henrik Fisker and Hong Kong-based investor Richard Li offered $25 to $30 million to the Department of Energy. There is also Chinese automotive suplier Wanxiang Group and Bob Lutz's VL Automotive teaming up and offering a bid of $20 million.

Source: autovisie, Autobild

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

... I can't see why you wouldn't want to build the Atlantic... it is where the money is to be made for these cars.

I agree.. But I don't know how far Fisker got with the engineering of the Atlantic, considering all of the delays they had on it. Possibly the amount of work needed to finish it is making the group think twice.

Interesting as this may be, I still think this is a waste of investment if you try to get this company to grow and compete against the rest of the auto industry heavy weights. At this time, better to buy up the rights and intellectual property if there is any and roll it into an existing auto line.

I think Lutz would be the only one who could really make this work by using the format for CUV/SUV and trucks.