Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cadillac News: Cadillac Ponders A Large Crossover With The Escalade Nameplate

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

October 8, 2013

Cadillac has been considering adding a large, unibody crossover to their lineup for awhile now. Now it seems that it could wear the Escalade nameplate.

"I think there's a lot of equity in Escalade. I'd like to explore the notion of other vehicles that would carry that brand name," said senior vice president of global Cadillac, Bob Ferguson.

Ferguson tells Automotive News that he believes there are distinct customers for the SUV and crossover.

"There are a number of individuals who just love this vehicle," said Ferguson, but there are others who would say 'I would love something that would give me a different ride and a different experience.'"

Ferguson expressed GM's product planners "are still looking at" this and decision hasn't been made.

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

:rofl: You crack me up with all the permutations. Course I could see an Escalade Sport.

I just hope they do not kill off the traditional Escalade ESV Platinum as that is my ride! I do not think you can replace a proper built BOF SUV.

But then it would not be an SUV, but a true CUV if it has the title of Sedan in it.

Interesting, wish we could get enough talented people to draw what they think a CUV Escalade Sport or Escalade Touring Sedan. :P

The Escalade Touring name could work so as to not degrade the Escalade name? The problem is it will end up being just another FWD based Lambda based model that Cadillac just does NOT NEED! NO MORE FWD BASED CADILLACS!!:(

The Escalade Touring name could work so as to not degrade the Escalade name? The problem is it will end up being just another FWD based Lambda based model that Cadillac just does NOT NEED! NO MORE FWD BASED CADILLACS!! :(

If they did this, I think it should only be AWD CUV for an Escalade Touring or Escalade Sport model. There was talk at one time in the first generation of Escalade about a V edition. You could use Escalade Sport for an AWD CUV with a HO Twin Turbo V6. :D

Maybe we can get Escalade Supreme, Escalade Calais, Escalade Cierra, Escalade F-85, Escalade Salon, Escalade Cruiser, and Escalade Vista Cruiser....

:roflmao:

An Omega-based crossover could work... But I'd rather have the successor to the SRX to move to Alpha and an ATS-sized Alpha crossvoer to be introduced...

"I think there's a lot of equity in Escalade. I'd like to explore the notion of other vehicles that would carry that brand name," said senior vice president of global Cadillac, Bob Ferguson.

Brand name??? Cadillac is your BRAND. Escalade is the MODEL.

And Drew's comparison to Oldsmobile's mis-application of Cutlass to EVERYTHING is very apt. It was a huge mistake. Just as applying the Escalade model name to another model would be a mistake.

Who the hell is running things up there and where do they find these idiots?!?

Another lame car company idea, this is like Range Rover Sport and Evoque, but there is really only one Range Rover. Making cheaper knock offs just cheapens the original. Why not call the SRX the Escalade Evoke, then do an Escalade Sport crossover, then of course they need an Escalade 4-door coupe SUV.

The Escalade Touring name could work so as to not degrade the Escalade name? The problem is it will end up being just another FWD based Lambda based model that Cadillac just does NOT NEED! NO MORE FWD BASED CADILLACS!! :(

If they did this, I think it should only be AWD CUV for an Escalade Touring or Escalade Sport model. There was talk at one time in the first generation of Escalade about a V edition. You could use Escalade Sport for an AWD CUV with a HO Twin Turbo V6. :D

Escalade Sport sounds cheap but Escalade Touring sounds reasonable for this proposed model. I dont think the word Sport should be used on any Cadillac including the silly V sport name! If they used a crossover version of the Omaga platform they could do a TRULY high performance V version of this model with a proper high powered V8!;)

I think sport can be used if done properly. A CTS V sport just is wrong in my book. If they want to do levels then have the following.

ATS

ATS Sport

ATS V

CTS

CTS Sport

CTS V

SRX

SRX Sport

SRX V

XTS

XTS Sport

XTS V

Escalade

Escalade Sport

Escalade V

Or just replace them all with Touring instead of Sport.