Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Lucerne 2006

Lucerne06

Being new here I would like to know if anyone knows why no one ever finds a ming blue LeSabre or now the new Lucerne? My first choice was ming blue for my new Lucerne CXL but there was none anywhere.... I also have never seen this color in the LeSabre which I had previously. If this color is never used then why is it in the lineup? I think it makes a very regal looking automobile and especially would look great on the Lucerne. I did not want to wait to order one in the ming blue so got my second choice of Crimson Pearl...

Just thought someone might have some statistics on this!

Thanks! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure:

We've had a few glacier blue Lucernes with with the tuxedo blue/shale interior and I don't think they survived 3 weeks on the lot.

My sentiments exactly. Metallic light blues are flattering for almost any car.

And they killed it for 2007... no more glacier blue. :(

Well, maybe the "Light Quartz" color for 2007 is essentially the same thing.

And no more tuxedo blue/shale interior. :(  Stupid  :angry:

I saw that interior on the Ming blue cars and I have to say that Buick is on serious drugs for dropping that interior color combination. So sad that the market is driven by the likes of these dull boring Asian cars with blah everything interior colors and exteriors.

saw a glacier blue one today in fenton, mi. 30 something female driver and only 3 portholes. got a lucerne book from buick today and it showed the optional wood wheel and shifter. it had the same lousy trunk shot of the spoiler.

Saw a Glacier Blue Metallic CX as I was driving past a dealer on my way home from an interview today, and I have to say, it looked classy.

Agreed. My favorite combination was Glacier Blue W/ the Tuxedo Blue & Shale interior.

Also, Bob, I love your new sig. Always been a HUGE fan of the 747.

Yes. Right. Don't they listen? Do they have wax in their ears, up their asses or in their brains? How can the drop such a tasteful combo that Geritols and younger buyers alike would opt for.

Thanks for the comment on the sig. And I have Z28luvr to thank for the craftsmanship. I sketched out what I wanted and he turned it into reality! Yep, I used to go to the view point at Los Angeles and watch them reach for the sky ... what a beautiful sight. I don't know why but none of the other planes really turn me on...but this one does.

Saw a Glacier Blue Metallic CX as I was driving past a dealer on my way home from an interview today, and I have to say, it looked classy.

Yes, Glacier Blue is clean, subdued, tasteful and easy on the eyes. With limited color choices, it would take the gray interior. With a darker blue interior, it would be the best of the color combos.

When it first came out, Rivieraranch said it looked anemic. It has grown on me and it is really nicer than the other colors. The Sapphire is too rich and needs some "smoke" as a shade to make it more subtle...more like the dark blue of the late 90s which wasn't as bicycle like.

I do not know the author of this e-mail but they commented on my article of the possible Lucerne 2006 recall which was told me by my DEALERSHIP!

"Lucerne06,

Len has sent you this email from http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php.

I noticed your posting regarding your dealer mentioning a possible recall. Thought you would like to know that from time to time, General Motors Engineering asks for additional information from the dealer community to better understand service and warranty issues. These requests are sent to the dealers on a document called an Engineering Information. These EI surveys usually result in additional Service Information being provided to the dealers to help diagnose and successfully resolve customer concerns. General Motors regrets that your vehicle had annoying feedback through the steering wheel. As with any EIs that are issued, we believe few vehicles will have this specific condition, and it will not develop on cars that do not initially have the complaint. In these situations, we may create specific instructions for repair of the condition. We do not anticipate this will lead to a recall. Hope this helps.

Len Marsico

Communications Staff

General Motors

---------------------------------------------------

Please note that Cheers & Gears Forums has no control over the

contents of this message.

---------------------------------------------------

Regards,

The Cheers & Gears Forums team.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php"

My reply:

"Subject: Re: Possible Recall ( From Cheers & Gears Forums )

The problem is that the dealer just put a band aid on the problem and left it. I called Buick and they said that the dealer would find out more information on how to correct the problem and call today. However, as expected NO ONE called today and the problem persists. I do not intend to drop the complaint until it is fixed expeditiously since it is insane to purchase a new $33,000.00 vehicle and have immediate steering problems. However, from the comments from GM and the dealer this is NOT an isolated case..... I do not intend to be dismissed and or forgotten."

I do not intend to purchase a $33,000.00 lemon.

Isn't it strange that no one really cares after your purchase their product!!

:banghead:

I do not intend to purchase a $33,000.00 lemon.

Isn't it strange that no one really cares after your purchase their product!!

:banghead:

I think the e-mail was just saying that they recorded your problem and if there were a lot of the same problems then it is worthy of a recall. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the problem with your Lucerne reflects a problem with all Lucernes...

But isn't this covered under warranty? Do they agree there's a problem? Is a recall really the only way it can get fixed? I think the GM guy was just making sure you weren't starting a rumor about an unnecessary recall. Don't get so upset- that guy doesn't have the job to fix your car, your dealer does.

Have your dealer swap one in... it's not hard,

and very commonplace these days, but if it

was me I'd take the opportunity to order one

exactly to my specifications. :)

Have your dealer swap one in... it's not hard,

and very commonplace these days, but if it

was me I'd take the opportunity to order one

exactly to my specifications. :)

I'd agree with ordering one but it's going to have to be an 2007 if you order one now. Dealer trades recently are actually starting to become a pain for a variety of reasons but that's mostly dependant on the relationship of the two dealers.