GMTruckGuy74

I'd like to introduce you to 'Oz'

post-418-0-11290000-1425165807_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-39428400-1425165820_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-82742400-1425165841_thumb.jpg

I decided on the 2015 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab Long Bed 4wd to lease (wife wasn't initially happy but she's come around!). I'm leasing it for 48 months through GM Financial. Busy driving around, didn't get too many pictures yet. Weather forecast calls for the next several days to be rain/snow mix, so more & better pictures in the future :)

• Upvote 1

congrats on the Canyon!  Love the Canyon front end, its really tough looking!  I am interested in knowing what you get for mpg.

On my dad's wish list for a new ride is a Passat TDI but since i told him about the Colorado diesel next year, he may be waiting for that.  He likes his S-10 and would probably really prefer to move into a Colorado or Canyon.

That is a beauty!  I see you grinnin'!  I hope you have nothing but fun in it.

Awesome, Beauty of a ride! Way to go with Oz. Look forward to hearing all about it as you drive it and test it in all the various weather to come. :) Way to Go GM Truck Guy on your new GMC (Gorgeous Metallic Truck)  :dance:

What color interior?

Jet Black Leather. Really like the Jet Black/Ash (gray) interior of the Colorado, shame GMC only has black and cocoa/dune (not a fan of the brown & tan interior).

What color interior?

Jet Black Leather. Really like the Jet Black/Ash (gray) interior of the Colorado, shame GMC only has black and cocoa/dune (not a fan of the brown & tan interior).

I really like that exterior color, but I'd go for the cocoa interior

Great color and new upgrade, congrats on the new beast :AH-HA:

What color interior?

I really like that exterior color, but I'd go for the cocoa interior

I'm with Drew on this ... I'd go for the cocoa interior, too.

CONGRATULATIONS, Roger!  The GMC Canyon looks AWESOME ... & you look very happy with it!  So, when's the road trip to IL? ;)

Cort | www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

Simply Beautiful. Congrats Roger.

What options did you end up getting? Did you look into the Gear On Accessories?

Thanks everyone for the great comments.  I'm so impressed with the new Canyon - the way it rides, handles, and the features it has.  Light years above anything I'm use to driving.

The only options my 4LT (4WD SLT) packaged Canyon has are: (G7J) Emerald Green Metallic, (E25) 5" Rectangular Chrome 5" Assist Steps, (I06) 8" Diagonal Color Touch Screen Navigation with IntelliLink Radio, and the (UQA) Bose premium 7-speaker system.  I am having the dealer add the (5JY)  Soft cloth, folding tonneau cover - this is both a factory and a dealer-installed GMC Accessory.  This will allow me to use the bed when we are out shopping or traveling to keep items out of the weather.  I'm likely going to go online to ShopChevy.com and buy the (VBR) Rubber Bed Mat so that items don't roll all around the bed so much :lol:

Z-06, the only two GearOn items I'd remotely be interested in are the (RVY) pickup box cargo divider and the (5VI) cargo tie-down rings. But I'm also open to finding another aftermarket cargo bar to help keep items in place.  I had bought a true cargo bar - not a bed divider - when I leased my 2001 GMC Sonoma HighRider and it really helped to keep items in place.  I'm sure someone make something like that and on the cheaper side too :P

Thanks everyone for the great comments.  I'm so impressed with the new Canyon - the way it rides, handles, and the features it has.  Light years above anything I'm use to driving.

The only options my 4LT (4WD SLT) packaged Canyon has are: (G7J) Emerald Green Metallic, (E25) 5" Rectangular Chrome 5" Assist Steps, (I06) 8" Diagonal Color Touch Screen Navigation with IntelliLink Radio, and the (UQA) Bose premium 7-speaker system.  I am having the dealer add the (5JY)  Soft cloth, folding tonneau cover - this is both a factory and a dealer-installed GMC Accessory.  This will allow me to use the bed when we are out shopping or traveling to keep items out of the weather.  I'm likely going to go online to ShopChevy.com and buy the (VBR) Rubber Bed Mat so that items don't roll all around the bed so much :lol:

Z-06, the only two GearOn items I'd remotely be interested in are the (RVY) pickup box cargo divider and the (5VI) cargo tie-down rings. But I'm also open to finding another aftermarket cargo bar to help keep items in place.  I had bought a true cargo bar - not a bed divider - when I leased my 2001 GMC Sonoma HighRider and it really helped to keep items in place.  I'm sure someone make something like that and on the cheaper side too :P

Have you thought of doing the Rhino liner rather than the rubber matt?

I'm so impressed with the new Canyon - the way it rides, handles, and the features it has.

I know several people that've now either bought the Canyon or Colorado ... & every single review I've read is similar to this.  That is encouraging, I'd say.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I don't know where we'll go, but it beats where we're at" __ Lonestar __ 'What About Now'

I'm not a spray-on or plastic bed liner kind of guy, dfelt. I like my pickup beds to show their color (paint). Then again, I'm not tossing firewood, stones, mulch or anything like that in the bed of my truck - maybe I'd change my mind if I had too. I put in a plastic bed liner into my '01 Sonoma HighRider; the same week I purchased it a friend was turning in his leased '99 Sonoma 2wd and sold me his pristine bed liner for $50. It helped protect the bed from when I moved and hauling some stuff for friends & family (washer/dryer, large screen TV), but I hate how it covered the blue paint and being plastic items moved around easily. That's why I'm going with the rubber mat; protects the floor & prevents items from rolling around (provides grip) but can easily be removed if I want to. I'd like to see spray-on liners come in color instead of just 'black''. I'd likely be more open to getting that option in the future.

I'm not a spray-on or plastic bed liner kind of guy, dfelt. I like my pickup beds to show their color (paint). Then again, I'm not tossing firewood, stones, mulch or anything like that in the bed of my truck - maybe I'd change my mind if I had too. I put in a plastic bed liner into my '01 Sonoma HighRider; the same week I purchased it a friend was turning in his leased '99 Sonoma 2wd and sold me his pristine bed liner for $50. It helped protect the bed from when I moved and hauling some stuff for friends & family (washer/dryer, large screen TV), but I hate how it covered the blue paint and being plastic items moved around easily. That's why I'm going with the rubber mat; protects the floor & prevents items from rolling around (provides grip) but can easily be removed if I want to. I'd like to see spray-on liners come in color instead of just 'black''. I'd likely be more open to getting that option in the future.

Funny you mention that now that Line X offers color matched spray on bed liners.

http://www.linex.com/pages/2010/bedliners/products/xtra.php

I love it now that they match the truck and blend in. I have loved the Line X in my Dakota and swear by it. My Dad has the rubber mat in his Colorado and still does not want to haul stuff in it. Mine looks like new even with the truck being a 98 Dakota.

LineX has had color-matched spray-in liners for years.  I have a rubber mat (aftermarket) in my new truck, and I bought the GM tailgate liner (have not installed it yet, although it will be easy).  I would prefer a spray-in liner, but think the cost is prohibitive.  And I loved my BedRugs in past trucks, but they all had some sort of bed cover.  If I can afford it, maybe next year I will spring for a lined Leer cap for mine, like I had on my '04 Colorado... that made the ideal camping rig, with the lined cap and the BedRug.

One month down, as of Saturday (March 28th). Still madly in love with my Emerald Green Metallic GMC! Got it washed today for some nice weather photos. Enjoy!

post-418-0-34977100-1427687570_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-84388800-1427687596_thumb.jpg

I'll post some commentary tomorrow about my first month of ownership.

• Upvote 2

Lovely Photo's that is one SWEET RIDE!  :metal:

Here are some additional 'scenic' pictures I took yesterday:

post-418-0-59508600-1427734033_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-99335100-1427734071_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-01097100-1427734166_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-25135900-1427734178_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-56012800-1427734191_thumb.jpg

These were taken in Smithville Park, Eastampton, NJ on Sunday, March 29th.  This is one of my favorite places to take pictures of all my cars.

I've filled up teh truck with gas (regular) three times so far.  Total mileage was 776 at last fill-up, adding up all the gallons comes to 40.839, doing some division shows average MPG to be 19.  Not bad considering the '06 Envoy 4WD was giving me about 15-16 MPG.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook