Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Looks like Balthy needs a bigger garage with all those vehicles out in the snow...

I need less stuff / junk! There's 6 bays here; 2 on the house (no room for autos), and 4 in the back ('40, '59, '64). Have been in 'purge mode' for about 2 years now, but it takes time. Making progress tho- I've thrown away (or sold) stuff this winter I've had for 30-40 years. Just tossed my pay stubs from '89-'00 in the wood stove last night.

The 2500HD doesn't fit in any of the bays due to the mirrors (even folded). She's a big 'un.
It's a 90-degree turn in for the Malibu, and while the Mrs. used to do that back in the day, that was before a 3rd vehicle was here (Jeep in the background) - it might be a 5-point turn with that there.

• Agree 2

This is already on YouTube in about 5 to 10 variations.  Take your pick.  And just because Ah-nold got his vaccine.

He always says goofy sh!t.  While not quite "Hasta la vista, baby," this "Come with me if you want to live" quip may also get bronze plated.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Ohhhh, I would love to go and be naked in the desert!

I prefer the vintage trucks you post as a visual actually....

56 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

145041675_10215270198268451_960202277566844575_n.jpg

But... can it peel out?

At least you don't have to worry about getting a lemon.

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

safe_image.php.jpg

Whistlin...diesel...he will destroy that before he is done.

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

I need less stuff / junk! There's 6 bays here; 2 on the house (no room for autos), and 4 in the back ('40, '59, '64). Have been in 'purge mode' for about 2 years now, but it takes time. Making progress tho- I've thrown away (or sold) stuff this winter I've had for 30-40 years. Just tossed my pay stubs from '89-'00 in the wood stove last night.

The 2500HD doesn't fit in any of the bays due to the mirrors (even folded). She's a big 'un.
It's a 90-degree turn in for the Malibu, and while the Mrs. used to do that back in the day, that was before a 3rd vehicle was here (Jeep in the background) - it might be a 5-point turn with that there.

I can relate.

I so want to travel again when this Covid crap cleans up. 

Interesting project, this guy now lives in Columbus. Cameo of vintage Chevy truck is awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

He then wrecked the same truck in a music video doing a Duke's of Hazzard style jump 

Dude is funny but crazy. He did something with a fire arm in a video to cause substantial face bleeding to himself 

He is funny...but a Darwin award waiting to happen.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

So he is definitely a Florida Man. 

Ohhhhhhh absolutely. Although I know a number of really good guys who live in Florida. My attitude towards the country ahs changed. While my negative political feelings remain, I find a lot to love in normal rank and file Americans. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

A '51 was almost my first car (too much frame rust / Monobilt unibody car) :

51 Pacemaker.jpeg

Black and white photo is goegeous though. Love the stepside in the background also. 

More 50's car love...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

This Gorgeous yellow convertible belonged to my friend Mark. I knew him from the buckeye Miata club where we spent a lot of time racing cars together....SCCA and a bunch of other venues....also a member of Central Ohio Wood Turners. He just sadly passed away from a heart attack. 

No photo description available.

My 8 year old niece Holly got thrown from a horse, she is pretty banged up but will be Okay. My Cousin Linda is about my age, she passed away a couple of days ago from breast cancer. 

One of my very best friends from High school has Covid and she is not doing real well. 

Been a week! And it's only Tuesday. 

Picture of my friend Mark...I will miss him!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

• Sad 4

35 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This Gorgeous yellow convertible belonged to my friend Mark. I knew him from the buckeye Miata club where we spent a lot of time racing cars together....SCCA and a bunch of other venues....also a member of Central Ohio Wood Turners. He just sadly passed away from a heart attack. 

My 8 year old niece Holly got thrown from a horse, she is pretty banged up but will be Okay. My Cousin Linda is about my age, she passed away a couple of days ago from breast cancer. 

One of my very best friends from High school has Covid and she is not doing real well. 

Been a week! And it's only Tuesday. 

Picture of my friend Mark...I will miss him!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Sorry to hear that the week and start of the new year has gone off tangent for you. 

Celebrate their lives, enjoy the memories and cook and drink something yummy toasting to the amazing life's they lived.

Wishing you all the best!

• Agree 1

Latest News from the Auto World. Nissan has a plan that is going into motion that all New Auto's are to be Electric starting in 2030 with carbon neutrality of manufacturing by 2050 for key markets.

That would build on their global leadership with the Nissan Leaf.

Nissan to launch only electrified cars in key markets in 2030s - Nikkei Asia

Nissan sets carbon neutral goal for 2050 (nissannews.com)

Nissan has brought their all new first CUV EV to the Japan market on December 23rd 2020, since then they have received 20,044 orders for the new EV. This is good news for a company that at the end of December has sold 500,000 Nissan Leafs world wide.

image.png

Nissan Note e-POWER orders surge to more than double the monthly target (nissannews.com)

This goes hand in hand with Nissan confirming their expanding Electric auto manufacturing in the UK.

'A great vote of confidence': Nissan confirms plan to expand UK electric vehicle manufacturing (businessgreen.com)

Nissan is also testing out their Winter Camper Concept to see what the market interest might be. So far been pretty positive. Solar Panels on the roof of the auto can recharge the 220V power pack.

Nissan e-NV200 Winter Camper brings spark to frosty adventures (nissannews.com)

• Agree 1

Ford and Google just signed a 6 year Data Partnership deal for all Ford auto's.

What does this mean for the consumer? Easy, this is the death of the Microsoft Lync system as current Ford owners know. Starting with Model Year 2023, All Ford / Lincoln auto products, ICE or EV will come with an Android operating system that will have an integrated Google assistant, Maps, Play and support for all 3rd party applications in the Android Store.

Quote Ford:

To drive ongoing innovation, Ford and Google are establishing a new collaborative group, Team Upshift. Leveraging the talent and assets of both companies, Team Upshift will push the boundaries of Ford’s transformation, unlock personalized consumer experiences, and drive disruptive, data-driven opportunities. This may include projects ranging from developing new retail experiences when buying a vehicle, creating new ownership offers based on data, and more.

“As Ford continues the most profound transformation in our history with electrification, connectivity and self-driving, Google and Ford coming together establishes an innovation powerhouse truly able to deliver a superior experience for our customers and modernize our business,” said Jim Farley, President and CEO of Ford.

The system will support both Android and Apply play so that customers personal choice of phones can be connected to their auto. It also means that Google / Ford will be data mining any and all you do with your auto / Phone and using it for new product offerings.

Ford and Google to Accelerate Auto Innovation, Reinvent Connected Vehicle Experience | Ford Media Center

Ford also has revealed their Bronco Ultra4 4400 Extreme Racers.

Ford Reveals Bronco ULTRA4 4400 Unlimited Class Extreme Race Trucks to Tackle King of the Hammers Off-Road Race | Ford Media Center

Ford those interested in the latest update on how Ford is turning the Central Station into their tech center while keeping the history of the look and feel, read the story here. Views from Windows along with the refurbishment back to how the station looked more than a Century ago will help preserve the history of this building while they work on 21st and 22nd century technology for the auto company.

Ford Hires Renowned Architectural Arts Firm to Re-Create ‘Jaw-Dropping’ View for Michigan Central Station Visitors | Ford Media Center

• Agree 1

I have searched the Lexus Newsroom and not found anything on their offical news site, but according to various outlets, Lexus on top of rebooting the luxury experience at Retail for their auto's is rebooting the brands image and marketing message.

Lexus USA Newsroom

What I found is the following:

Lexus is Reinventing Itself This Spring - The Truth About Cars

Lexus is Reinventing Itself This Spring - Online EV

Lexus Is Hitting Reset (jalopnik.com)

Lexus is reinventing himself this spring - Eminetra

Lexus previews the concept car that illustrates its new brand vision (yahoo.com)

etc. etc. etc. 

It seems the predator days or what Lexus called the Spindle grill is over. Here is the first teaser image of the all new Lexus Luxury lineup.

image.png

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

144638704_10219454767669314_7164089437343281512_n.jpg

Come on Blu, if ya want a put a face up, then at least make it a decent one like this 1960 Buick.

image.png

If ya want to put up a face with Love then do this, 1965 Buick Riviera!

image.png

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ocnblu said:

60692_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Unlike a few of my more elerly and crumungeonly associates here I dig mopar products of this era. Love this car!

Wadkin woodworking machine restored...

• Like 1

gm has reported China Sales of 2.9 million new ICE auto sales for 2020. While the first two quarters where a challenge, sales recovered in the second half of the year. Overall sales surged 14.1% over 2019. Cadillac saw sales increase of 7.9% equaling a total 230,000 Cadillacs sold. This was spearheaded by the luxury brands surging sales of SUVs in China of the XT4, XT5 & XT6 which saw a combined 40.3% increase in sales over cars. CT4 was introduced in China completing a full portfolio of cars and SUVs for the luxury division.

Buick had deliveries of 885,000 new auto sales, increasing 4.1% over 2019. Demand surged for Buick's SUV's with a 50.1% increase in sales. Buicks Luxury MVP the GL8 or minivan had strong sales with a 6.2% increase over 2019. Buick introduced their all electric EV SUV the VELITE 7 and the plug-in Hybrid VELITE 6 late in 2020 due to pandemic delays and is looking for added increase in sales in 2021 as availability comes to the dealerships.

Chevrolet delivered 291,000 new auto's in 2020. Baojun with a young new EV portfolio delivered 402,000 auto's in 2020. Wuling commercial auto's delivered 1,092,000 auto's growing 8.8% over 2019. Hong Guang Mini EV has become the best selling EV in China following it's launch in July 2020 with sales surpassing 117,000

NEV development has had solid progress in 2020, gm expects over the next five years 40% of GM new auto launches to be pure EV only in China using the Ultium platform.

GM Delivers 2.9 Million Vehicles in China in 2020

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, David said:

gm has reported China Sales of 2.9 million new ICE auto sales for 2020. While the first two quarters where a challenge, sales recovered in the second half of the year. Overall sales surged 14.1% over 2019. Cadillac saw sales increase of 7.9% equaling a total 230,000 Cadillacs sold. This was spearheaded by the luxury brands surging sales of SUVs in China of the XT4, XT5 & XT6 which saw a combined 40.3% increase in sales over cars. CT4 was introduced in China completing a full portfolio of cars and SUVs for the luxury division.

Buick had deliveries of 885,000 new auto sales, increasing 4.1% over 2019. Demand surged for Buick's SUV's with a 50.1% increase in sales. Buicks Luxury MVP the GL8 or minivan had strong sales with a 6.2% increase over 2019. Buick introduced their all electric EV SUV the VELITE 7 and the plug-in Hybrid VELITE 6 late in 2020 due to pandemic delays and is looking for added increase in sales in 2021 as availability comes to the dealerships.

Chevrolet delivered 291,000 new auto's in 2020. Baojun with a young new EV portfolio delivered 402,000 auto's in 2020. Wuling commercial auto's delivered 1,092,000 auto's growing 8.8% over 2019. Hong Guang Mini EV has become the best selling EV in China following it's launch in July 2020 with sales surpassing 117,000

NEV development has had solid progress in 2020, gm expects over the next five years 40% of GM new auto launches to be pure EV only in China using the Ultium platform.

GM Delivers 2.9 Million Vehicles in China in 2020

Good news, THANKS!

May be an image of text that says 'maxx young jesus: mom where do babies come from joseph: [pulls up a chair] yea mary, where DO babies come from?'

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Interesting....

Totally agree with the guy who has his dealership and hates Toyota. I honestly do not get why the lovers love them even after having to replace the frame and so much suspension. They are Junk IMHO.

• Agree 1

A beautifully made workbench...

May be an image of indoor

Not mine, Built by bob Costa and posted on one of my FB groups. But it's damn impresssive. 

Also beautiful...Viking Era Sword...

• Like 1