Random Thoughts Thread

Sound relationship advice...

May be an image of 1 person, brick wall and text that says 'FUCK HUDES SEND HE ADATED INVOICE FROM YOUR THERAPIST SO I KNOW YOURE YOURSELF 3267 WORKING ON'

Just now, oldshurst442 said:

Is that like an El Camino/Ranchero but as a Cadillac?

Its got to be a coachbuilder build and not from Cadillac direct, right? 

I asasume so. 

Unsound relationship advice...

May be a meme of 3 people and text that says 'I'm gonna make you mine Oh my god, Yes. @PunHubOnline'

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Got maybe 6-8 inches fresh snow overnight.  More coming today.  

97286581-E49A-47F3-824D-F4EF5FF008BF.png

Worked from 6:30 AM yesterday until 1 AM doing snow removal, took about an hour and a half break in the middle of the day. 

May be an image of text that says 'The US: *absolutely nothing* Texans: Texas could survive on its own. We have a huge economy and our own power grid. Û The Texas Power Grid: made with mematic'

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Was 5F and sunny when I got up this morning...coldest night since the Polar Vortex 2 years ago.  Power stayed on and furnace didn't crap out, so warm and happy...

Worked almost all night Monday snow removal, back in early at work to do more snow removal and repair work. 

Did not feel like getting the shop warm, reading a book about two Brits crossing America by Motorcycle. 

Paperback Good Vibrations : Coast to Coast by Harley Book

If ya'll get sick, here is a good guide to picking the right doctor. 

May be an image of 9 people and text that says 'Should You Trust That Doctor? Collegellunon The Doctor TRUST WITH YOUR LIFE Dr. McCoy Dr. Quinn Dr. Strange Dr. Seuss Doc Brown Doogie Howser, MD Doc PANNNG TGRN ON Spin Doctors Dr. Dre Dr. Bunsen Honeydew DOCTORATE POSSESSES IN Dr. Fishman MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL STUDIES Dr. Mario Dr. Horrible Dr. Oz Zoidberg Doctor Venture Dr. Phil Dr. Spaceman Dr PO Pepper Doctor Evil Dr. Robotnik RUN. RUN VERY FAR. Doctor Octopus Dr. Hannibal Lector'

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Williamson WV ~

WilliamsonWV.png

I will take the white 57 on the showroom floor for $1200, Alex....

And that Olds is none too shabby either. 

Just random, love the look of this work bench. Pattern makers vise on the front is killer. 

May be an image of indoor

How a pattern makers vise functions. Building a third workbench (yes, I am addicted) with this vise. Top is done, need to build the base.

• Agree 1

Last woodworking post for a bit, but this is a cool program.

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2021/02/16/second-chances-are-crafted-here

Sideboard built by prisoner in fine woodworking program...

TRUSLOW_180511NHFMA_Eason-700x504.jpg

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

not meaning to be political however........regardless of your poltical views....

Just mentioning a political figure now has become...political talk?   With a false insinuation of which way one leans politically? 

WTF happened to ya'll?       

No need to answer that.  Rhetorical it was.  But I understand that it WILL lead to political talk...

So phoquing sad that it has come to this though...

(Let it be MY random thought that I thought out loud...) 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

Was supposed to start here around 2 a.m. - nothing yet.  We moved all the cars strategically at work yesterday to prepare the lot for plowing.  Everyone was in a boisterous mood listening to the weather forecast, thinking we'd be closed today.  Such is the capriciousness of Mother Nature.  We still have a Winter Storm Warning in effect through tomorrow morning though.

Edited by ocnblu
It started! Yay!
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 9.14.29 AM.png

Just came in from snow removal at the university where I work in facilities...to warm up...this pic made it worth getting out of bed in the morning. 

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

150127332_272696627718344_3830240488831779158_n.jpg

Not every 50's car needs to be two tone to look good...this Bel Air looks fantastic. 

2 minutes ago, balthazar said:

If Ford could stuff a 429 in the Mustang, I’d bet the Coyote would fit fine.

That conversion has probably already been done. 

I remember this race well...

2 hours ago, David said:

Mercury Cougar would make a cool EV conversion. :D 

Or if the old Cougar of the type referred to in the meme dies, you could replace her with one powered by an electric air compressor...

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, balthazar said:

If Ford could stuff a Boss 429 Hemi in the Mustang, I’d bet the Coyote would fit fine.

'69-70 yes, I think the '67-68 M/C had less space between the shock towers...for the Boss 429 they moved the shock towers out.

Edited by Robert Hall