TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

28 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

It literally has a Subaru boxer under the hood.

really?

I always thought it was a Toyota 4 banger.  

All these years, and I was walking this earth with the false idea like that?

Ive talked to 2 very good clients of mine who own them. One guy has the Subaru and the other the Scion. We waxed poetic about how wonderful handlers they are. And how a more powerful engine under the hood would just spoil the perfect driving characteristics of it...

So...all this time...I had false impressions...

What a doof I have been...LOL

OK...Ill try to save it.  I do really wish it had a TURBO Subaru boxer engine under the hood. The same one as the WRX STi...

I know where my falsehoods began. BECAUSE Subaru did NOT offer the TURBO WRX STi engine, I immediatley confused THAT with the Toyobarus having a Toyota 4 banger...

I repeat:  What a doof I have been. LOL  

Edited by oldshurst442

8 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

The 86 would be a Subaru if the 86 and the siblings would have a Subaru boxer under the hood

The BRZ/86 has a Subaru boxer engine.

• Upvote 1

2019 Honda Passport Sport AWD in Modern Steel with roof rack and blue graphics package:  $34,890.00.  Decent as heck!

12.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

2019 Honda Passport Sport AWD in Modern Steel with roof rack and blue graphics package:  $34,890.00.  Decent as heck!

12.jpg

My sister bought a new Acura RED and loves it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

12.jpg

Looks good!

• Upvote 1

Roger Goodell  or Gary Bettman?

Who gets the loudest, longest boos between them?

LOL

Makes me think of this..

Also, bonus clip for Monday.

• Upvote 3

Nice and sunny today, supposed to go over 60, which is incredible for Cleveland in February..got to find a bar w/ a patio open for happy hour this afternoon. 

Yesterday afternoon got into the mid 50s, so mild I took a drive w/ the sunroof open and heated seat on...had cabin fever after the week of cold and nasty weather...   

Yard is very soggy and muddy from all the snow melt, but the doggos are enjoying it..

3 hours ago, frogger said:

With all the snow lately we've had some serious Canadian winter road rage here lately

https://imgur.com/gallery/FEpKASX

That is awesome, I just DO NOT get why people cannot take the time to clearly remove the snow from their auto. Idiot assholes right and left. That guy looked pissed but at least just did the right thing, clear the window and move on.

• Upvote 1

I keep searching, but I have not found a replacement for my Jeep.  It is a perfect size.  It has no power so I cannot get myself in trouble.  It goes well in inclement weather.  It has a stick.  It is comfortable.  It gets decent mileage for my commute.  AND it is green.

Turning over 37k miles soon.  I've paid down on it a good bit, but I am always concerned about resale with any of my vehicles due to the number of miles I accumulate.  So still I search.

Silverado is too big and expensive, no regular cab shortbed available.  Colorado has nothing substantively new since its resurrection.  Passport is Asian in decent, even if it is as American as a Honda can get.  Ram Classic is neat, and available in regular cab shortbed, but it is old.  F-150 is too big for garage and is made of beer cans.  Ranger is cool, leary of fuel mileage with EB 4.  Blazer is too much money for what it is in the trim level I'd settle for.  Edge is nicer than Blazer, really.

Maybe the 2020 Trax/Granite/Encore will be a lively competitor.  Keenly innerested in passing judgment on them.  I wonder what is coming to Chicago?  Is anyone donning their Kevlar vest and hitting the show?  Do we have a preview, or is everything a secret?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As far as pony cars go, Dodge has the firmest grasp on what customers want from the genre.  I love the Mustang also, and find its sales decline disconcerting.  The Camaro, with all its excellence in power and chassis engineering, comes across as antiseptic and a bit unfriendly.

I would own a Challenger R/T first, a Mustang GT second, and a Camaro SS third... seems to be the general consensus in the sales race these days as well.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

As far as pony cars go, Dodge has the firmest grasp on what customers want from the genre.  I love the Mustang also, and find its sales decline disconcerting.  The Camaro, with all its excellence in power and chassis engineering, comes across as antiseptic and a bit unfriendly.

I would own a Challenger R/T first, a Mustang GT second, and a Camaro SS third... seems to be the general consensus in the sales race these days as well.

Agree with your assessment, the Camaro is sterile.

• Upvote 1

2019 GMC Terrain SLT AWD 2.0t in Sedona with Black Package.  What do you guys think of this FWD-biased lease appliance?

Screenshot_2019-02-04 Build Price 2019 Terrain GMC.png

Edited by ocnblu
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

2019 GMC Terrain SLT in Sedona with Black Package.  What do you guys think of this FWD-biased lease appliance?

Very sharp looking, great job on the build, I like the non-chrome appearance.

What is your price range you want to stay within? Then maybe various folks here can play with builders and see if they can find you something you will like.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

I keep searching, but I have not found a replacement for my Jeep.  It is a perfect size.  It has no power so I cannot get myself in trouble.  It goes well in inclement weather.  It has a stick.  It is comfortable.  It gets decent mileage for my commute.  AND it is green.

Turning over 37k miles soon.  I've paid down on it a good bit, but I am always concerned about resale with any of my vehicles due to the number of miles I accumulate.  So still I search. 

If you like it, why not keep it to 75k or 100k miles?  37k isn't much...

• Like 1

And I would agree with this 100%!!! 

I would own a Hellcat/Red Eye first. Or a Scat Pack. A Mustang GT, any engined convertible, GT350 in second place and Id skip the Camaro entirely. Maybe Id do a Trans Am 455 SD from Trans Am Depot in 3rd place instead of an outright Camaro. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, dfelt said:

What is your price range you want to stay within?

My self-imposed upper limit is around $35k purchase price with incentives.

• Thanks 1

All-new 7.3L gas V8 available!  2020 F-Series Super Duty!

2020-ford-f-450-super-duty-limited-exterior-front-quarter-03.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I would own the Mustang First, just because I would want to autocross it and the extra heft and width of the Challenger would make it more difficult to drive on the courses around here, which tend to be a bit tight...there is a reason I kept a R53 Cooper S and NB Miata in the fleet for years.

Interior of the Camaro is a non starter for me.

My self-imposed upper limit is around $35k purchase price with incentives.

That should get you something really nice. and you are ten large ahead of me.

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

All-new 7.3L gas V8 available!  2020 F-Series Super Duty!

2020-ford-f-450-super-duty-limited-exterior-front-quarter-03.jpg

I still would prefer a diesel...but hell yes, and Kudos to Ford.

9 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

That's in Montreal!!!

We won't hold that against them....

11 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

If you like it, why not keep it to 75k or 100k miles?  37k isn't much...

Because after a certain point resale bleeds like a world war one soldier hit in the crossfire....as the miles pile up...

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

2019 GMC Terrain SLT AWD 2.0t in Sedona with Black Package.  What do you guys think of this FWD-biased lease appliance?

Hot enough to make me consider a terrain.

Would want something bigger than a 2.0 in a vehicle that size though.

I almost bought this exact car in silver...about a decade and a half ago. Still like this era Mustang.

15 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Because after a certain point resale bleeds like a world war one soldier hit in the crossfire....as the miles pile up...  

Yeah, I've never thought about resale value, I usually keep cars long enough that it's a moot point..