Sign in to follow this  
Cory Wolfe

Is It Just Me...

34 posts in this topic

Or do I not have the worst luck ever?

Seriously... just last week, I simply rode my 300EX into town for something to do. I ran out of gas and got picked up by the cops. All the while throughout the past 6 months, I've been without a car. I haven't been able to get another car or sell my GA. I haven't been about to sell my 'in excellent condition' 300EX. Now, I can't even get a loan, but it doesn't matter since the car I wanted has been sold. Needless to say, I absolutely cannot get a job without a car. That's reality. So... when trying to fix my GA, me and my dad can't. Don't know what's wrong with it nor what to do to it. Because of all this, I've been wanting to put my 300EX back up for sale. So what happens? I get a flat tire... after I just got new tires. Just great, you know? Not to mention that for whatever reason... my left front tire is wearing much faster than the others. At the peak of the tire, it has nearly a third less tread than the other tires. The pressures are identical and when riding, it goes perfectly straight. The shocks are fine too. As is the steering. Nothing is wrong... yet it's doing that. I don't understand it. It always did this, but with these new tires, it seems to only have made it worse for some unknown reason. All of this... and this is me: :blink::P

Anyways, the topping on the cake was last night... My mom let me take the Sunfire. Basically, I was going to go to Dubois, get a few things at WalMart, and check out a few car dealerships. Meanwhile, I wanted to... see what the ol' Sunfire could do, I guess. What can I tell you? My GA is a Geo Metro compared to it, performance wise. It's much, much, much faster and handles/drives better. Hell, it even brakes alot better, too. All of which is quite understandable. I can tell you the governer is set at about 105... And I'm which Ocnblu, I think that thing almost gave me whiplash. Damn. Anyways... right after I hit it, I came up to a place where cops usually sit. But, being almost dark, I never expect there to be any there... and there isn't, usually. Well... oops. Cop. I actually had some luck... as he didn't chase me and I was going about 90 in a 65 zone. After that, I thought I was actually pretty lucky for once. And I was. However, on my way back, it was the complete opposite. For one, I was running late. I didn't get back to Brookville until about 10:50. According to my License, I can't drive after 11. I don't really pay attention to it since its a stupid rule... but for my parents, I do. So... I was going to stop at Sheetz, fill it up with gas, and get something to eat since I hadn't ate much all day. 10 minutes later, I was on my way home, driving down Main street. I decided to have some more fun (blame that on me feeling lucky and being somewhat careless about what time it was). I now also know that the Sunfire will easily peel out by dropping the clutch at about 3.5k or 4k rpms. Well... after doing that I quickly went through the gears, up to third going about 50. I slowly coasted back down to the speed limit and went on my way. Well... appearantly a cop had seen me. Oops. I see flashing lights and I pull over. Boy... I hate that sensation I get when something like that happens. Anyways, he was nice and just gave me a warning for the speeding and peeling out. However, he pulled me over at 11:10. For being just 10 minutes past 11, he gave me a $106 fine and had to have my parents come get me. Now, I'd rather have a fine for that than the other things, but is that not ridiculous? Not only that, but I had to sit there for more than 30 minutes. I didn't get home until 11:50. Meh... I hate cops. No one should have to deal with them twice in one week. :D

Some luck, huh?

It will seem like your luck is getting better when you grow up and quit doing retarded sophmoric things.

That is pretty rotten luck. It's a stupid rule, but I like it cuz most drivers my age or younger are idiots in my area...I'm happy with them off the streets. Less bad driving, less bad, loud music, and less damn honda civics. That's weird about your 300EX's tire...

It will seem like your luck is getting better when you grow up and quit doing retarded sophmoric things.

Heh... I'm afraid I will never be able to stop having fun while driving. That's just me. I understand that since you've bought a Solara... and was always into Saturns, you aren't much a of car enthusiast, more like a Tool, like Reg. So... just because that's just you... doesn't mean you have to call things I will always enjoy "retarded" and "sophmoric". I mean... I don't want to be like you, that's for sure. :lol::D:P

Geez Vipes, please forgive my "voodoo doll ATV" comment in the "American Car" thread. I hadn't read this when I posted that.

And please don't wreck your mother's car. And get your ass home on time. You could have gotten gas this morning. Stop f@#king up, or I will kick yo ass! :angry:

Heh... I'm afraid I will never be able to stop having fun while driving. That's just me. I understand that since you've bought a Solara... and was always into Saturns, you aren't much a of car enthusiast, more like a Tool, like Reg. So... just because that's just you... doesn't mean you have to call things I will always enjoy "retarded" and "sophmoric". I mean... I don't want to be like you, that's for sure. :lol::D:P

No, BV...he's right. And as you grow up you'll understand it. And yes, those are retarded and sophomoric things.

I gotta agree with doing stupid things with a car that's not yours. If you wreck it, your parents will kill you. Good luck getting help with getting a new car then.

Edited by Dodgefan

hey at least you didnt have to push your bike home...my engine seized up it wouldnt let me kick it or nothing....it was a workout to say the least

I gotta agree with doing stupid things with a car that's not yours. If you wreck it, your parents will kill you. Good luck getting help with getting a new car then.

Well yes... the fact that the car isn't mine is definitely that. But I treat my parent's car like my car... when I don't have car. I can only go so long without that fixation and exhilerating thrill of letting the car enthusiast inside me drive. :D

No, BV...he's right.  And as you grow up you'll understand it.  And yes, those are retarded and sophomoric things.

And you shouldn't be speaking either. You're not exactly much of car enthusiast... you're more obsessed with interiors and cars as "transportation". :P

So... nah, I'll always be a car enthusiast and I'll always love driving fast. It's in my blood. It's like trying to tell someone that's races for a living that he'll grow out of a retarded and sophomoric thing. As I said, the only thing that could be considered that is the fact the car isn't mine. But I get sick of not having a car. Otherwise, I only do stuff like this when there's no traffic and when there's no other passengers in the car. I only put myself at risk, and I like it that way. Other than inexperience, I consider myself a good driver. Add to that, I always get compliments on my regular driving. So... I feel that I'm not going to wreck unless something unexpected happens. If something does, I have all my years of riding ATVs to help myself to regain control or atleast avoid the worst outcome.

And you shouldn't be speaking either. You're not exactly much of car enthusiast... you're more obsessed with interiors and cars as "transportation". :P

You couldn't be more wrong. I drive the hell out of all my cars. 8)

I'm an enthusiast because I want nothing less than the best.

Chocolate connoiseurs do not settle for Hershey, Vodka connoiseurs do not settle for Takka, Beer connoiseurs do not settle for Keystone Light...likewise I do not settle for anything less than best in segment...of which interior design and quality and refined performance weigh heavily.

Edited by Croc

So... nah, I'll always be a car enthusiast and I'll always love driving fast. It's in my blood. It's like trying to tell someone that's races for a living that he'll grow out of a retarded and sophomoric thing.

Yeah, except they do what they do in a somewhat responsible manner.

Yeah, except they do what they do in a somewhat responsible manner.

Exactly. You can have plenty of fun responsibly...I wonder what Nick has to say about this...

Exactly.  You can have plenty of fun responsibly...I wonder what Nick has to say about this...

*cue $h!-eating-grin*

Depends on your definition of "responsible"... :AH-HA_wink:

Sigh, Sorry to hear about the problems BV. I hope you can get everything worked out so you have a car again.

But, I have to agree that you did do some sophmoric things. If you know that you aren't supposed to be driving after a certain time you really shouldn't call attention to yourself. And getting caught like that with your parents car could really cause problems.

And I don't think you can say that I am not a car enthusiast. Check out my sig for 6 of my 7 cars. I also drag race at two of our local tracks.

Again, good luck getting things worked out.

There's such a thing as automotive karma IMO.

If you had not been doing 90mph earier you

might have not gottenpulled over l;ater. :)

There's such a thing as automotive karma IMO.

If you had not been doing 90mph earier you

might have not gottenpulled over l;ater. :)

lol that's also common sese :lol:

I think BV just needs to get a job as a race car driver...

He'd feel alot better. :)  :lol:

Of course I would. :D

But, I have to agree that you did do some sophmoric things. If you know that you aren't supposed to be driving after a certain time you really shouldn't call attention to yourself. And getting caught like that with your parents car could really cause problems.

And I don't think you can say that I am not a car enthusiast. Check out my sig for 6 of my 7 cars. I also drag race at two of our local tracks.

Well, when I was doing those things, it was just about 11 and I was on my way home. And being in Brookville, well... cops are rarity. I hardly ever have to worry about cops. The later it is, the less chance I have of seeing one, too.

Anyways, other than it being my mom's car, exactly what is it that I done that called for comments like "retarded", "sophomoric", and irresponsibility? I've never heard anything like that when Sixty8 tells us some of the things he does, and same for others too, some with parent's cars. Just... inform me. I've been thinking about this and I just don't see it, unless you're calling something that I do being a car enthusiast that as I originally suggested. Atleast that Solara lovin, mullet wearing, Saturn fan Satty was... :P But what about the rest of you, damnit? Huh? Give it to me. Now. :D

We're yelling at you because we care and we don't want you to end up in Brookville Federal Prison.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this