El Kabong

MT: The Escalade V Is Coming.

I think it would be a nice face push if GM could "rush"(mostly meaning I hope GM has already been working on this for awhile and just finish it up) this to market so the Bentley never even gets the crown. ..The Bentey isn't for sale yet, right..?

I am also really curious on the output of this. I know the Z06 is 650/650 and the CTS is 640/630 . Will this be just in like with those two or a slight detune because it isn't the halo car like the Z06 and CTS-V are? It seems like that would be the case but with this being the actual LARGEST of the 3 and the one that will be able to hadle the most cooling for all of the components I could see it actually going up. If for nothing else than to upstage the Bentley.

I doubt it'll get the dry-sump. There's plenty of underhood space and you aren't really going to affect the centre of gravity by using it in something this big.

I'd say the most likely situation is it gets the full CTS-V tune and transmission. At roughly nine pounds per horsepower you could be looking at 0-60 times in line with a 392 Hemi Challenger. Top speed would require some lowering, but it might be able to get to 187. Maybe.

Would be interesting if they put a variable height suspension in it. Then it could drop the height as the speed increased.

Kind of like the JGC's?

That would not only be a great idea for numbers sake but for safety's sake as well.

@'Bong

I think that article you linked did say they will be lowering it. For all I know it could be a 1/4 inch or 2 inches though so just saying it will be lowered is very vague.

Hopefully they will show this at Dubai and LA this year along with the XT5. That would Rock! :metal:

Hopefully they will show this at Dubai and LA this year along with the XT5. That would Rock! :metal:

Id do Geneva and Moscow before Dubai and LA..

You want to have international diplomats take a look at this thing.

I bet the Russian Mafia would be LOVE this thing too...

Edited by oldshurst442

Just re-hashing the same post that I made over at the XT5 thread.

But still relevant for the Escalase V.

I came across this pic...maybe Dubai IS the place for the 'Slade V to debut

bentley-mulsanne-majestic-danh-rieng-cho

Nothing says prestige in 2015 as having a couple of star studded press shots with Sheikhs around your car....

Id do Geneva and Moscow before Dubai and LA..

You want to have international diplomats take a look at this thing.

I bet the Russian Mafia would be LOVE this thing too...

Let's add in the Yakusa to that Bling loving look.

V Baby Baby, V Baby Baby! :metal:

Just re-hashing the same post that I made over at the XT5 thread.

But still relevant for the Escalase V.

I came across this pic...maybe Dubai IS the place for the 'Slade V to debut

bentley-mulsanne-majestic-danh-rieng-cho

Nothing says prestige in 2015 as having a couple of star studded press shots with Sheikhs around your car....

Besides, they're the only ones who can afford to fuel it. 

Every Air Matic Mecedes automatically lowers ride height at highway speed, I believe the Range Rover does also.  Putting an air suspension on the Escalade is easy, but you still have to deal with a .36 drag coefficient and a lot of surface area to push though the air so drag is going to limit top speed.  Plus a 6,000 weight. 

The Escalade now has a top speed of 113 mph (governor limited).  But you have to figure that limiter is there because of tire blow out concerns and the drag limited speed is probably not all that much higher.  I don't know where you get an extra 75 mph of top speed out of the Escalade.

Plus an Escalade V-series would compete more with an AMG GL63.  I don't think it would be in Bentley territory.  And what about an XT5-V to compete with the X5 M and GLE63?  Why not put a 600 hp V8 in that front wheel drive crossover Cadillac is about to launch, and they need a Porsche Macan competitor, so they need an ATS-V powertrain in an XT3 crossover.  But XT3 is rumored to be based on D2XX, so I guess that won't work either.

Yeah, the G-Wagen is a complete brick. I'm interested in seeing what the Bentley's Cd and frontal area are. That will tell the tale for whether a 188mph Escalade is feasible.

Porsche Cayenne has a .37 cD, and the Mercedes GL is a .38 cD.

The Cayenne Turbo S can do 171 mph, the GL63 is electronically limited to 155 mph.  With the Escalade though, you have to look at weight and chassis too, and find tires that can support the weight and speed.   But the GM truck platform was never made for 150 mph speed, let alone 190 mph speed.  There are a lot of factors working against it getting an Escalade to add 75 mph to the top speed.

If they had made the XT5 and future XT3 of the Alpha platform, and did an XT7 off Omega, they could have had the chassis that would have been capable of competing with the German performance SUVs.  I'd suggest maybe an Omega platform SUV could be above Escalade, but then you mess up the naming structure because Cadillac wants it both ways with XT and CT, but then have a word name product.  It should all be one or the other.

Edited by smk4565

Are we seriously arguing what a bonafide BOF truck platform can and cannot do with high speeds and cornering?

Seriously...that is some effed up shyte...

And Im the first to say WTF regarding high center of gravity SUVs and manufacturers turning them into speeding freight trains...

However...SMK...I wouldnt UNDERestimate if I were you...its not as if GM/Chevrolet havent done something similar before where they could learn how to do a 'Slade V properly...to handle the speed and the cornering...

I WILL SAY THIS THOUGH...MAYBE THIS IS WHERE INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION COMES IN HANDY...but that quibble is meant for another poster...just enjoy the vids...

Edited by oldshurst442

It's all theoretical really. But when you have rules and regulations impeding true progress, you tend to try to maximize what you can do in every single market segment you can.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook