Car From Your Birth Year - What Would You Choose?

Cory Wolfe

1982 was a tough year but here is one off the Top of my head.

1982+Imperial-03-04.jpg

:drool:  :drool:  :drool:

I'm a big fan of bustlebacks, I'd take a two tone Continental from 82 as well.  I prefer the Imperial though.

1982%20Lincoln%20Continental-08-09.jpg?m

Edited by Delta Force79
  • Agree 1

I wouldn't turn down an '82 Continental if that was the only choice, but I do prefer the updates of the '86-'87 version,  interior and exterior refresh, TPI H.O. V8.

Lincoln updated and refreshed this car almost every year it was in production because it never caught on with the public.  As much as I like the style of my GM E/K-Bodies, these Continentals were far far better built, with their only major flaw being their airbag suspension (which people make too big a deal about fixing IMHO, it's a 60 minute job once you have parts.)

• Agree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Mine is easy.

d31fccadc7e8c9baffbe49cf07241f64.jpg

I was at an ALL Mustang car show at Ford HQ a couple years ago, and I am pretty sure this actual car was there.  Just a random google search, but I recall the year and colors pretty well, because it is my favorite.  People drive and trailer their classics from all over the country at that rare show, and there are a sea of Mustangs.

For reference, my new favorite:

GT350-Mustang-Race-Red-1.jpg

I wouldn't turn down an '82 Continental if that was the only choice, but I do prefer the updates of the '86-'87 version,  interior and exterior refresh, TPI H.O. V8.

Lincoln updated and refreshed this car almost every year it was in production because it never caught on with the public.  As much as I like the style of my GM E/K-Bodies, these Continentals were far far better built, with their only major flaw being their airbag suspension (which people make too big a deal about fixing IMHO, it's a 60 minute job once you have parts.)

I would think pretty much all the Fox Mustang aftermarket performance parts could be adapted to one of those Continentals..one could be the basis for a sweet lux-performance sleeper...

I would think pretty much all the Fox Mustang aftermarket performance parts could be adapted to one of those Continentals..one could be the basis for a sweet lux-performance sleeper...

Engine/transmission, yes.

Everything else is more closely related to the Thunderbird/Cougar. 

Which were also Fox bodies.. 

I suppose, but there were parts differences.  Things like radiators, shocks, alternators, interior electronics, were all shared with the bigger coupes rather than the Mustang,  Go on... ask me how I know. :-P

I suppose, but there were parts differences.  Things like radiators, shocks, alternators, interior electronics, were all shared with the bigger coupes rather than the Mustang,  Go on... ask me how I know. :-P

Well, you did have a Continental, IIRC...did you try using Mustang parts on it? ;)       Did the Continentals have five lug wheels like the Mark VII  (also Fox), IIRC, the Thunderbirds and Cougars were mostly 4 lug like the Mustang, Capri, etc.   Back in the 80s my family had a mix of Fox (Mustangs and couple T-Birds) and Panther cars, but we never swapped parts..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar