10 cool facts about toyota

Hi everybody I am new on this forum but  recently i found an article about toyota's interesting facts. Hope you will enjoy reading it as i did. 

P.S. It is not a spam.  

1) Who’s The Greenest Of Them All? Toyota Is!

It’s official, folks. Toyota managed to outrun all the fierce rivals in the industry and is crowned as the number one Global Green Brand. Yep, the company really does care for 

the environment.

Remember their campaign with the Prius in 2004, when Orlando Bloom and half of the Hollywood celebrities arrived at the Oscars in a Toyota Prius? Well, that made a very big 

impact on the society, believe it or not, and since then the number of environment-friendly brands on the market has grown higher than ever.

2) The Best-Selling Brand And Nameplate

Everybody knows that the Toyota Camry and Corolla are the best-selling cars in the history. Yep, Camry, for example, has been holding that title in the United States for 13 

(!) consecutive years. So, who’s gonna say now that the Americans don’t love Asian? And Toyota is very proud of their astonishing sales numbers. But they’ve got yet another 

reason to be proud of themselves: according to the official statistics, Toyota Corolla has the best-selling nameplate for cars around the globe. 

3) A Huge R And D Budget

Just think about this: each year Toyota spends over 9 billion dollars (that’s American, by the way) on R And D (Research And Development) towards the future concepts, ideas, 

designs and all kinds of automobile technologies.

4) 0, 5 Billion Dollars On Donations

Besides all those monstrous spendings on R’n’D, Toyota is also very heavily involved in all kinds of charity, donations and fundraisings.

Here’s a number for y’all: since 1991 the company has donated more than half a billion US dollars in hard cash and grants. That’s 500 million dollars – almost 24 mil a year!

5) Truly Worldwide

You know, Pitbull (a Miami rapper) can claim that he’s “Mr. Worldwide” all he wants, but we all know that Mr. Toyoda holds the crown for that title. Since 1957 the company has 

extended tremendously and is now dominant across the whole world. In +/- 50 years Toyota set up production and showrooms in more than 170 countries and regions. Fun fact: even 

McDonalds doesn’t have that much restaurants worldwide!

6-7) Tons Of Patents And Awards

Right now Toyota has the record of 1K global patents, and that means they’re set to introduce a lot of new models and maybe even brands in the upcoming dates. And that’s great 

– more innovation and bright ideas means more quality cars and techy features coming out way. Hail Toyota!

8-10) The King Of Hybrids, Resale, And Employments

In addition to all that greatness, Toyota also has the biggest line-up of hybrids in the globe, and in 2012 they reached their target of selling 1 million units each year – 

that’s quite impressive. Toyota has sold about 75% percent of all the hybrid cars in the States.

Edited by Drew Dowdell
No links until you've been here a while.
  • Agree 1

I'm thinking he's from Spam land, but we'll give him time to post more and see if his other posts also contain links.   I'm guessing not.

I am not from spam land. I was really offended to hear it. I've just decided to post an interesting article.

Very well then.  Sorry for insulting you.  However, when one joins a forum and immediately posts something with links to another site, that is typically the actions of a spammer.  Once you've been posting here for a while, then you can post links. 

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

I'm thinking he's from Spam land, but we'll give him time to post more and see if his other posts also contain links.   I'm guessing not.

I am not from spam land. I was really offended to hear it. I've just decided to post an interesting article.

Welcome RP.

IMO, one of the more significant things toyota can claim is paying 150% of market value to thousands of tacoma owners for premature & catastrophic frame rot, then promptly crushing said buy-back Tacomas. An OEM buy-back & crush program is certainly very uncommon. And the 50% over market value, while of course a nice gesture for the inconvenienced owners, still smacks of a bit of something else, too.

Well, Chevrolet has something similar way back in it's past, the 1923 Series M Copper-Cooled cars, but there only 100 units had gotten into private hands. 759 were built, almost all were destroyed : only 2 cars are known to survive today. 

The difference in the 2 scenarios seems obvious: by 1923, Chevrolet had only been in business for 12 years, and the Copper Cooled engine was uncharted technology. In circa 2012, toyota had been in business for 45 years, and there was no new engineering in a stamped steel frame. In fact, the same concept & practice RE frames was under the Copper-Cooled Chevrolet. ;)

LOVE.

THIS.

POST.

Greenest car company?

Toyota?

With all those Toyota SUVs and CUVs and Lexus SUVs?

Add all those up and Toyota has MORE gas guzzling SUVs in their line-up than GM had when they peddled HUMMER!

I ALWAYS wanted to post this emoticon, but I never knew when and how to post it...

Low and behold, THIS is the PERFECT time and thread!

:Toyota:

• Agree 1

Greenest car company?

Toyota?

With all those Toyota SUVs and CUVs and Lexus SUVs?

Add all those up and Toyota has MORE gas guzzling SUVs in their line-up than GM had when they peddled HUMMER!

I ALWAYS wanted to post this emoticon, but I never knew when and how to post it...

Low and behold, THIS is the PERFECT time and thread!

:Toyota:

Speaking of Lexus, and I apologize for going off topic, but have you seen these yet??? I know it isn't brand new but WTF. The front end proportions are just all over the place. Nothing about it makes sense to me. I've seen a few in person and I saw a commercial the other day and I was just like "no.". Terrible looking. Their smaller new CUVs with the similar styling look really sharp to me, in person. But this full sizer..ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!  Beleive it or now, this picture I found is a decent pic of it. It doesn't show off it's attrocious front end enough.

E83E437B-C4CB-4424-98A3-0B843A8182A1_zps

Welcome to the site!!  Sorry, but I'm a huge NON-FAN of Toyota, no matter what the company does.  I think they make some of the ugliest vehicles on the road (see SUV pictured above) and their owners tend to think these cars are all things holy.  But don't let that stop you from posting and enjoying yourself here.. I've been here a LONG time and can't ever part with this site for too long ;)

• Agree 1